915 mhz orange rx

OpenLRSng runs on a number of different platforms. Find out more / post your questions here.

Moderator: kha

jongillioz

915 mhz orange rx

Post by jongillioz »

Hi all i have flashed the new hobbyking orange rx tx and rx . the ones that only have ppm and a serial port for telemetry back .
i used an isp programmer to flash the rx as it had no bootloader. have connected the tx using serial to configurator and seems ho have the correct flash on it
i cant seem to bind the tx to the rx . i had the rx serial port pluged in to a ftdi cable and can see it boot and gets to a point it sais it has bad eeprom or bind button is pressed and waiting to bind but it never seems to bind. any ideas what i did wrong :?: . i did flash the 915 mhz

regards jon

vk4dz

Re: 915 mhz orange rx

Post by vk4dz »

G'day all,

I have the same problem with the 915MHz ones. Did everything the same as Jon except for watching the serial port. Everything is alive but refuses to bind.

Have you come up with any answers Jon? or anybody else?

I grabbed these cheap from HK when I realised the 433's I previously bought would be somewhat limited due to regulatory issues.

Warren.
bersan1

Post by bersan1 »

I'm going to but these. Should I?
jongillioz

Post by jongillioz »

vk4dz wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 pm G'day all,

I have the same problem with the 915MHz ones. Did everything the same as Jon except for watching the serial port. Everything is alive but refuses to bind.

Have you come up with any answers Jon? or anybody else?

I grabbed these cheap from HK when I realised the 433's I previously bought would be somewhat limited due to regulatory issues.

Warren.
i did get it working somewhat but couldnt get the ppm out to work so kinda gave up not sure what firmware i have on the pair that dose bind
vk4dz

Post by vk4dz »

Thanks for that, jongillioz.

I haven't gone any further with them. Will probably have to dig into the firmware and hang some test gear off it to see what is happening...when I have time!

crypto570

Post by crypto570 »

Hey guys, I'm not certain which firmware you're running but I fought with mine for a good while before using board type #2 for both rx and tx modules( I'm trying gitsly for Mavlink with my px4 UAV). Bound to each other no problem. I haven't tested performance yet though. I got a ton of these at the right price and am just finding time to play around with them.

Return to “OpenLRSng hardware”