openLRSng with cleanflight/betaflight

Support and help for the OpenLRSng project.

Moderator: kha

AlexF

openLRSng with cleanflight/betaflight

Post by AlexF »

Hi,

last weekend i tried to connect openLRSng to cleanflight/beatflight but without success. I tried different Serial RX Provider in cleanflight/betaflight in combination with different transmitter/receiver settings in the openLRSng "Google Chrome configurator". The receiver was successful bound to my transmitter and my logic analyzer showed some data on the receiver-ports ( PPM Port and TX-Port) while i was moving the transmitter-Sticks.

On my target FC (SciSky, disconnected DSM2 RX) I have a Serial Port (RX/TX). I tried to connect the PPM-Port from my receiver (submicroLRS) to the FC RX Port and also the TX-Port from my receiver to the FC RX Port. But my Stick movements doesn't appear in the cleanflight configurator.

Regarding the physical connections I am totally guessing how it works. I am also totally lost in terms of the different protocols (CPPM/PPM/PPMSum/SPEKTRUM1024/SPEKTRUM2048/SBUS/SUMD/SUMH/XBUS_MODE_B/XBUS_MODE_B_RJ01) which one is the best choice to communicate between openLRSng (cleanflight/betaflight)?

IS the submicroLRS telemetry capable?

Would be nice if someone could tell me a bit of this Stuff or give me something to read.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

AlexF.

AlexF

Re: openLRSng with cleanflight/betaflight

Post by AlexF »

finally it works. I changed to another FC (a Naze32 clone). But the latency feels pretty huge. I use ppm for communication between my submicroLRS and the FC. I tried SBUS but no chance so far. I choose SBUS in betaflight and in the openLRS configurator, i also tried different physical connections, since the submicroLRS has RX/TX connection and an PPM out. My guessing is that SUBS is on the TX port, right? Any Ideas?

Thanks. AF
KnuckleupFPV

Re: openLRSng with cleanflight/betaflight

Post by KnuckleupFPV »

If usi g sbus you have to turn sbus inversion iff via cki. Tge openkrs receivers are non invwrted except the broversity if i remember correctly.

set sbus_inversion = off

Hit enter

Type save and hit enter.

Set your protocol in chrome configurator to sbus and same for betaflight.

In receiver tab find the channel on the right that has sbus in the list. Should be in the one labled tx. Change from tx to sbus. Save to eeprom.

Now take your ppm wire and connect it to the tx pin on your receiver. And you are done.

Return to “OpenLRSng”