Latest stable version can be installed using the Chrome based configurator http://goo.gl/iX7dJx. This is recommended for normal users that don't need to fiddle with the code.
Developer chat and live help for troubleshooting is available at #openLRS @freenode.net http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=openLRS
Changelog for stable releases:
v3.3.4 - bugfix for "ppm disable"
v3.3.3 - bugfixes for release (trouble with failsafe&beacon)
- please use this instead of v3.3-v3.3.2
v3.3 - smartPort & all
- binddata modified, you need to reflash TX and all RX:s with new firmware.
- when setting up RX config, it is recommended to reinitialize to defaults first
- RSSI behaviour is changed, verify your limits
RSSI is now (RSSI/4 + 75%) * (linkquality)
- support for DTFUHF/HawkEye 6ch RX
- support FrSky smartPort telemetry (Taranis, only RSSI & 2x analog, no hubdata yet)
- delay for failsafe/PWMstop/PPMstop can now be set separately
- improved RSSI output
- allow PWM/PPM enabling before radiolink (loads failsafes)
- allow muting TX beeper on telemetry loss
- set serial baudrate in bind mode, this allows entering TX menu with e.g. 9600 bauds (bluetooth etc.)
- EXPERIMENTAL: added datarates 57k6 and 125k, use with care
- shortened 'jumpper probe' time on outputs 1-4, fixes ESCs refusing to arm
- enable channel id matchingm prevents syncing to wrong hop position
- use higher power on bind, fixes bind problems with some 1W units
- RX type/config information is now transferred during RXconf, this removes the need for TX to know details of every TX type.
- new LBEEP RSSI mode, this outputs a audio frequency beep (1kHz) on the RSSI pin when packet is lost. It can be wired directly into vTX audio input (or via attenuator curcuit). Normal RSSI is still available as 'servo' output using the 'rssi injection' if needed.
- CLI option for 'slave mode' added, this is just to help testing the slavemode is not in the code just yet.
- improved usability with configurator GUI http://goo.gl/iX7dJx
- preliminary support for ATMEGA32u4 based TX (DTFUHF deluxeTX)
- faster timing frsky data to avoid "NO DATA"
- FrSky mode is now selectable via CLI
- Serial baudrate for telemetry configurable via CLI
- ALWAYS_BIND configurable via CLI
- longer 5 tone beacon tone "Close encounters"
- Fixed PPM 8ch limit
- More robust EEPROM access code (verify & retry)
- expose LEDs and variable tone buzzer on servo header when using RX as TX (rchacker style)
- Link & Receiver configurations separated
- Flexible outputs on receiver, upto 13 PWM:s on OrangeRX/Flytron, PWM channels can be remapped freely
- FrSky telemetry emulation (TX/RX RSSI + 2 * analog input)
- 'serial' passthru feature both transparent and 'frsky' framed.
- RSSI injection into PPM/PWM channel
- Config backup/restore for link and receiver ( '!' during menu )
- binary config protocol for GUI (soon available)
- support for DTF UHF 4ch RX (as TX too)
- adjustable failsafe delay (0.1 - 25s)
- support Futaba 'microPPM' mode (16 ch in 20ms frame)
- allow limiting PPM to 8 channels while having more on the link
- binddata changed -> reflash both TX&RX
- introduction of 2bit channels to save amount of data (map: -1244 -> 1000 / 1245-1499 -> 1333 / 1500 - 1766 -> 1666 / 1767- -> 2000)
- support for upto 16 channels via PPM, modes 4+4 8 8+4 12 12+4 16 (+x channels are 2bits)
- separate features and datarate, now these can be selected invidually and resultting update rate is shown on menu
- binddata changed -> reflash both TX&RX
- introduce the configuration menu on TX, to access it connect via serial (default 115200 baud) to the module while it is in bind mode and press enter. You need to rebind RX to copy setting to it.
- this version is incompatible with v1.x so reflash both TX and RX.
- fix a bug in RSSI output where it may be left to 'zero' when link is restored
- add support for 868MHz RFMxx modules
- add support for openLRSngTX
- fix PWM/PPM outputs to come active only after initial link is achieved
- add define for US FRS channels 1-7 to make beacon frequency setting easier
- add possibility to select PPM mode at compile time (FORCED_PPM_OUTPUT) allowing 7 PWM channels along with PPM
- change RSSI PWM frequency to 32kHz for stabler values on OSD
- fix PPM mode setting to be robust if servos attached, 6 channels available as PWM.
- add spectrum analyser mode in RX too.
- fix beacon enabling
- add possibility to reset to defaults (in .int) without randomization (hold button until continous beep)
- basic telemetry (beep on link lost) if datarate==2
- combined PWM/PPM mode (6 PWM channels available)
- NOTE: PPM selection method changed !!!
- extend frequency limits to 413 - 460MHz
- binding and (key/channel) randomization support
- support for spectrum analyserGUI (with TX)
- interrupt based PWM out (really an internal change)
- initial version
- Flytron openLRS M2 TX 100mW (with optional poweramp)
- Flytron openLRS M3 TX 1000mW
- Flytron openLRS M2 RX 100mW (as TX too)
- OrangeRX UHF TX 100mW
- OrangeRX UHF RX 100mW (as TX too)
- HawkEye openLRSngTX 1W (JR / Futaba module)
- HawkEye openLRS RX 100mW
- DTF-UHF DIY TX
- DTF-UHF Deluxe TX 1W
- DTF-UHF 4ch RX
- up to 16 channels
- proper timer based PPM output (for multicopters)
- increase resolution to 10bits (original openLRS code had 12 and thUndeadMod 8)
- low resolution channels for 2/3/4 position switches
- use timer hardware when possible to avoid jitter
- clean the code to make developing easier (proper indentation etc.)
- simplify configuration part eg. frequency selection
- 'beacon' mode (fading power audio beep).
- selectable bitrate for balancing between range and features
- proper binding procedure instead of hard coded values
- fixed RSSI sampling (sample when TX is transmitting)
- configuration via 'serial dialog' instead of code changes
- spectrum analyser backend on both TX & RX for e.g.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gakdfkejek
- enable GPS input (for telemetry and beacon)
- use second rx as satellite (I2C connected)
- use 'live' failsafe by ppm input to rx
- I2C IMU based headtracking integrated on TX
- extra channels by analog inputs into TX
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... GKGKPRX5CS