[SUPPORT] OpenLRSng support thread

Support and help for the OpenLRSng project.

Moderator: kha

njozsef

Re: [SUPPORT] OpenLRSng support thread

Post by njozsef »

Hi developers.

I working the various camera on gimbal. Serious problem remote camera shooting or other ordenary TTL remotely device (GPI). I would without it RC switch and any unwanted parts.
Please development new selectable output type (TTL) only logical low and high. (low<1500<high)

I would be very grateful for it.
Thank you .
Jozsef

kha

Post by kha »

Been there for ever, just select Sxx (S for switch) in the rx pin configuration.

--kha via mobile
gbine

Post by gbine »

leocopter wrote:Hi,
I'm having problems with telemetry on OpenLRSng.
I have it successfully set on my Taranis with both D4R and X6R (using s-port), using FRSKY protocol (with Harakiri on a Flip32 with signal inverter or a Naze32 without) or Mavlink with a Mavlink to FRSKY converter board (a flashed Pro Mini). The converter works also with an APM.
I did the mod shown in the Wiki for a 1W OrangeTx UHF. After that it would not connect to the serial port in the OpenLRSng Google chrome app ... I desoldered the transistor + 3 X 1K resistors and could connect again ... (even with out the R2 resistor ...).
Then I figured that I could invert the signal between the Flight controller and the receiver (the same way I do with the FRSKY receivers) using the FRSKY protocol ... no go. I tried many settings on the Tx Module : FRSKY, FRSKY smartport, 8 ch , 12 ch ... I tried the Mavlink protocol with the converter board (no signal inversion) ... I fed 3,3v devices to the Tx and RX pins on the OrangeTX ... nothing.
Does anyone have a working setup ... and perhaps can tell me what I'm doing wrong ? :shock:

Chris
Chris, did you ever solve this issue? I just did the mod and ran into the same thing. :(
BTW - You only have to disconnect the TX connection to get it to work again.

Gordon
humblehacker

Post by humblehacker »

Hello,
I have an OrangeRX OpenLRS module which I've been using with my Turnigy 9xr Pro. Yesterday I tried to connect to the configurator by following the instructions stating that I would have to connect a 3.3v FTDI converter while the module was inserted in the transmitter housing. I had successfully flashed to the latest firmware via the configurator using what I thought was this method but now I can't remember if I used an FTDI or a JTAG... Anyway, something happened in the process that appears to have shorted my TX!? The 9XR-Pro won't boot at all now and only emits a faint buzzing sound instead! I can confirm that the FTDI was running at 3.3v and I have used it for other 3.3v sensitive projects in the past. But obviously SOMETHING went wrong... Hobbyking support has thus far been useless... Can anybody help figure out went went wrong?
alexraz

Post by alexraz »

Hi,

My TX and RX (both OrangeRX on the 3.8.5 fw) won't bind. This has happened to me before and re-flashing the RX usually did the trick. When I tried to re-flash this time, however, it failed and only gives me this:

10:23:22 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 35
10:23:23 -- Chip recognized as ATmega328P
10:23:23 -- Erasing EEPROM
10:23:31 -- Writing to flash
10:23:33 -- STK500 - Timed out, programming failed
10:23:33 -- Serial port successfully closed

I'm on my second OrangeRX LRS RX. The same thing happened to the first one. Is there anything I can do to recover these RXs?

Thanks! I hope somebody is still monitoring ;)

Crashsalot

Post by Crashsalot »

We're trying to fly with more than one OpenLRS in the air at the same time. Me and my buddy were a little hesitant because as soon as we turned the second transmitter on, both RSSIs went down from 100% to 40ish... both planes still on the ground. Any suggestions? We already separated the frequencies a bit but still have that drop in rssi when the second transmitter comes on.
alexraz

Post by alexraz »

alexraz wrote:Hi,

My TX and RX (both OrangeRX on the 3.8.5 fw) won't bind. This has happened to me before and re-flashing the RX usually did the trick. When I tried to re-flash this time, however, it failed and only gives me this:

10:23:22 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 35
10:23:23 -- Chip recognized as ATmega328P
10:23:23 -- Erasing EEPROM
10:23:31 -- Writing to flash
10:23:33 -- STK500 - Timed out, programming failed
10:23:33 -- Serial port successfully closed

I'm on my second OrangeRX LRS RX. The same thing happened to the first one. Is there anything I can do to recover these RXs?

Thanks! I hope somebody is still monitoring ;)
In case somebody else experiences this, I've found the solution. Using USBASP, I flashed both with a bootloader. I used Optiboot bootloader. After that, both worked with the configurator worked again. Note that the OrangeRX Rx boards can only take 3.3v on the programing pins so you need to power it via the channel pins with a 5v bec and NOT connect the vcc pin from the programmer.
DakotaKid

Post by DakotaKid »

I am trying to program my Orange LRS UHF transmitter / RX setup.

Using the arduino 1.6.8 software I have compiled for the Tx.
I have a FTDI plugged into my PC usb port.

I have selected the com port and the pro mini board.

My question is what do i set the programmer to for the FTDI serial programmer?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You don't, that's only needed to flash the bootloader to a blank chip.
DakotaKid

Post by DakotaKid »

Kilrah

I get this error when I try and upload with programmer.
I feel that I need to set it to something.

Sketch uses 26,574 bytes (86%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 1,427 bytes (69%) of dynamic memory, leaving 621 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
I:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CI:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -cusbasp -Pusb -Uflash:w:I:\Users\rvaagen\AppData\Local\Temp\build45c30822eee3fe058ba77123b663d7a1.tmp/openLRSng_TX.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Apr 15 2015 at 19:59:58
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "I:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : usb
Using Programmer : usbasp
avrdude: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor='www.fischl.de' product='USBasp'

avrdude done. Thank you.
DakotaKid

Post by DakotaKid »

Well, I figured it out.

I used the Arduino program to load a boot loader with the usbasp.

I was able to use the Chrome openLRSng Configurator and program both of my modules
with the FTDI.

It seems to bind ok so now to put it in the air.

Thanks
ljftnt

Post by ljftnt »

I want to made a openlrs Hardware with si4463.
because si4463 have Higher sensitivity and More stable。
Can not develop the firmware with si4463?
pyr8

Post by pyr8 »

I am having an issue with "Channel 1" not working on a "OrangeRx Open LRS 433MHz".

No matter what pin I assign channel 1 too, I cannot get it to work.
Anyone have any ideas?
RobinBones

Post by RobinBones »

I am trying to flash my Orange Rx module. I've done it once before years ago.
I am using the same programmer I used in the past. I tried several USB ports on two different computers, and two different USB cables.
Each time I get the following results.
09:27:41 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 6
09:27:41 -- Chip recognized as ATmega328P
09:27:41 -- Erasing EEPROM
09:27:49 -- Writing to flash
09:27:56 -- Verifying flash
09:28:04 -- Verifying failed
09:28:04 -- Programming: FAILED
09:28:04 -- Serial port successfully closed
I tried downloading an older version of the firmware, and I got the same results. What else can I try to get this working again?
dispetto77

Post by dispetto77 »

Hi

Did you see this?
Here is a new Openlrsng module from Hobbyking. Plug&play for APM users. No more need of 3dr radios.
Rx is 1W for telemetry link

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-op ... tooth.html

Inviato dal mio RAINBOW 4G utilizzando Tapatalk
sandmen

Post by sandmen »

@dispetto77 or anyone,
did you know which kind of FW the receiver is using ?
jtbrownlee

Post by jtbrownlee »

Does anyone know anything about the receiver in this set? I have found very little documentation for it and can't firgure out where to connect to it or what firmware to use.
podhrmic

Post by podhrmic »

Hi,

I recently got a HAWKEYE DELUXETX TARANIS JR TURNIGY COMPATIBLE transmitter (from here http://www.hobbiesfly.com/transmitter-r ... tible.html ) and a BROTRONICS 4CH REMIX receiver (from here http://www.hobbiesfly.com/transmitter-r ... eiver.html ).

Right after unpacking I tried to connect both modules to the configurator, but although the configurator was able to open the serial port, it never received any answer from the modules. I tried all baud rates just to be sure, but still nothing.

Then I reprogrammed both modules - I tried the latest stable and latest master versions - and still no response on the configurator.

Have you had a problem like this before? It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue - if I program the modules with custom program, it runs as expected.

I am hoping this forum is still somehow active, even thought there wasn't much activity recently.
malpo

Post by malpo »

Hi good morning have a problem whit a wolfbox mdule

setup info:

Tx taranis exit ppm 8ch

wolfbox reicever set on channel 5

setup image

problem is at abaut 1.5 km the reicever don't lost control but send wrong imput conteoller, and aileron, pitch or motor came to end ppoint from 1 or 2 second, this is not really good for my healt!aaaa

really don't understand what wrong, from log of apm i can see imput on end point so the controller pixfalcon read the imput good but the imput is not my command.

my mind is the Minimum PPM sync time
The minimum time between PPM frames on the PPM output. The default value works fine for many systems but fickle systems such as Ardupilot require a longer sync time (ardupilot 3.1 and better works ok with 3000, some older versions apparently want 4200).

value...

now is 3000 but i think possible wrong...

what do you think?
Attachments
uhf last giune (Small).PNG
ckambiselis

Post by ckambiselis »

Hi,
I have been trying to set my OrangeRX OpenLRS TX and OpenLRSng RX for days and haven't been able to get them to work completely, I flashed both module with OpenLRSng (since I'm planning to use it with my Pixhawk and get Mavlink data), through the ISP port using the OpenLRSng-gitsly .ino and the Arduino IDE, the settings I choose

For the RX (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-op ... hz-rx.html)
"define Compile_TX 0" and "define BOARD_TYPE 2", everything else is left as is, CLI and CONFIGURATOR are also enabled.
I was first trying the "BOARD_TYPE 3" for the RX module but couldn't get it to work at all.

For the TX (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-op ... tore=en_us)
"define Compile_TX 1" and "define BOARD_TYPE 2", everything else is left as is, CLI and CONFIGURATOR are also enabled.

nothing else was changed in the sketch (do I have to make any other changes?)

With this setup I can get the 2 modules binded and have confirmed through Mission Control (USB connection to Pixhawk) that only 8ch signals I had set on my 9XR Pro are getting through (I have my radio to PPM and 13ch, default timings) , I have tried the Mavlink connection, by rerouting the signals (using the settings of EepeSky) to the bluetooth module I have installed in the Radio, as shown in other posts, but I don't get any data, probably cause I need to configure the modules.

The problem now is that when I connect the TX module to my PC using a usb-serial adapter, turn on the Radio, power the RX module and I press connect on the configurator I get
14:00:02 -- Serial port successfully closed
14:00:16 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 16
14:00:19 -- Module - OpenLRSng TX starting
14:00:19 -- Requesting to enter bind mode
14:00:22 -- Communication through Phoenix Serial Protocol was never established, connecting failed
14:00:22 -- Serial port successfully closed

Is the "Phoenix Serial..." msg referring to the TX or the RX module.

I have already made the Telemetry mode to the TX module and the 9XR Pro, but for the time of the connection to the configurator, I have disconnected the COM 2 cable that connects the TX modules RX & TX lines to the Radio, because It was messing the connection to the point I wasn't even getting the msg "14:00:19 -- Module - OpenLRSng TX starting".

Is there anyone with pretty much the same setup that could shed some light to my problem?

PS. This is not the set posted a few posts above, since I was not in need of the bluetooth feature of the set, otherwise it should be identical (the bluetooth module is probably just connected to the RX/TX lines inside the TX module).

edit: I have also tried connecting through CLI using serial monitor on the Arduino IDE, I get
"OpenLRSng TX starting 3.7.3 on HW 2"
but can't do anything else, I tried sending blank and no response.
ofir181

Post by ofir181 »

hi,

i'm now flying with XM+ receiver..that is connected to a micro pixhawk via 3 wire's(ppm from XM+ to pix)

i am using 16 channels total:
-channel 8 is the flight mode for pix
-channel 16 is configured to be rssi ..and the pix controller knows that from a simple parameter in the mission planner

i just bought the WOLFBOX UHF and flashed it successfully with the chrome configurator, with no problem

i want to make the exact same configuration on this UHF rx so i wont have to change anything in the mission planner, but i don't know how to set the parameters correctly in the open lrsng configurator, the configuration is:

1. 16 channels via a single wire ppm

2. channel 16 needs to be RSSI

thats it

if someone can send me a screenshot for the right way to do that ?
KnuckleupFPV

Post by KnuckleupFPV »

ofir181 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 am hi,

i'm now flying with XM+ receiver..that is connected to a micro pixhawk via 3 wire's(ppm from XM+ to pix)

i am using 16 channels total:
-channel 8 is the flight mode for pix
-channel 16 is configured to be rssi ..and the pix controller knows that from a simple parameter in the mission planner

i just bought the WOLFBOX UHF and flashed it successfully with the chrome configurator, with no problem

i want to make the exact same configuration on this UHF rx so i wont have to change anything in the mission planner, but i don't know how to set the parameters correctly in the open lrsng configurator, the configuration is:

1. 16 channels via a single wire ppm

2. channel 16 needs to be RSSI

thats it

if someone can send me a screenshot for the right way to do that ?
Why not switch to sbus and get rid of a ton of latency?

Set chrome gui to frsky telemetry
Change protocol to sbus
On receiver change tx to sbus
Move ppm wire to tx pin on receiver
Put the wolfbox jumper pin in the top two sport pins
Go to telemetry screen on tx
Set it to frsky and discover sensors
Will find rssi and two analogs
Go to channels in tx. Channel 16 assign it to rssi
Set it to 100 in scale
Go to mixer channel 16 change first to 200 and second to -100 believe they are title weight and offset
This will scale your rssi and send it back to your rx and into your fc
john888

Post by john888 »

do OpenLRS stop develop ? i have not see any update in 3 years
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

Hello. It's me again asking questions.
So, My OrangeRX Open LRS 433MHz Transmitter 1W won't bind. Supprice supprice.
I have two receivers that I have done my self and if I program another of them as a TX they bind, so I am quite certain they work. They are using 100mW Si4432, but to my knowledge Si4432 should be radio compatible with RFM22B/23B.

Strange thing is that with the configurator's spectrum analyser I can see the bind signals with the OrangeRX module and my own modules, transmitted by the OrangeRX module, so it would seem that my OrangeRX transmits and receives signals, so the module should not be burned, right?

I have used bunch of different antenna combinations, but I can't get the damned thing to bind.

I have been using the latest OpenLRSng source from master branch. It shows version 3.9. Compiled and flashed all from the same source, of course. Using board type 2 for the OrangeRX modules and my own board type for my own RX modules. I have only made changes to the hardware.h and the main .ino file, to add my board, so these changes should not affect the OrangeRX module code.

I have taken the liberty to add some screen captures of the spectrum analyser graphs, in the hope that someone with more experience could take a look at them. I have no clue if the background noise and the signal level are amazing, horrible or something between. I have a USB-SDR (One of those TV-stick thingies!) that I could use as a spectrum analyser, if needed.

I would appreciate any help. The module is purchased from Hobby King and it should have some sort of warranty, but I have heard that RMA:s with them are sometimes real PITA, so I rather try to figure this out if possible.

About the different antennas used in tests.
Black OEM = original pig from OrangeRX module, with cheap 433mhz from candy rock mountain.
OEM = Small helical antenna that came with the Si4432 modules, soldered to pig from candy rock mountain.
DIY dipole = DIY dipole antenna using original pig from OrangeRX module.

Edit: I forgot to add. My DIY modules bind with all antenna/pig combinations.
Attachments
OrangeRX binding OEM antenna.jpg
OrangeRX binding DIY dipole antenna.jpg
MDM63RX binding OEM Antenna2.jpg
MDM63RX binding OEM antenna.jpg
jongillioz

Post by jongillioz »

i bought a set of these but the 915mhz variant had to flash them they definitely not plug and play
still not fully working have to figure out the ppm output but radio and rx are talking

dispetto77 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:49 pm Hi

Did you see this?
Here is a new Openlrsng module from Hobbyking. Plug&play for APM users. No more need of 3dr radios.
Rx is 1W for telemetry link

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-op ... tooth.html

Inviato dal mio RAINBOW 4G utilizzando Tapatalk
bersan1

Post by bersan1 »

In GitHub settings guide article (link: https://github.com/openLRSng/openLRSngW ... ings-Guide) in RF power section it says rfm22b 100mw. However, in datasheet (and hobbyking (OrangeRX 915mhz openlrsng link: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-op ... odule.html) says it's 500mw. So is it wrote wrong or your firmware doesn't support running that at 500mw or hobbyking and datasheet gives fake information?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The doc dates back from 2015. HK later released a 500mW version and offered both.
bersan1

Post by bersan1 »

Kilrah wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:12 am The doc dates back from 2015. HK later released a 500mW version and offered both.
So it is working, right?

Return to “OpenLRSng”