Turnigy9x 128, OpenTX, Telemetrez and Switch Error

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
don9f

Turnigy9x 128, OpenTX, Telemetrez and Switch Error

Post by don9f »

Hi, I have been searching various forums and threads for help with a problem for some time, but without success.....hoping someone here may be able to help?
I have a spare Turnigy 9X 128 transmitter that is fitted with a Smartieparts 2.4 board, plus Telemetrez. The latter board is loaded with Telemetrez r90 firmware and with ER9X-128 r820 loaded, everything works fine no problem.
If however, I load OpenTX 2.0.20, having "ticked" the Telemetrez option in OpenTX Companion, the AIL & THR Switch Error is always present no matter what I do!
Having followed Smartieparts, Telemetrez and many other forum threads for some years, I'm quite familiar with the usual sources of this problem and know it's vital to load the correct firmwares etc. This is the first time I've tried using OpenTX on this particular radio, it has until recently always used ER9X. A friend has a 9X that I modified with same two add-on boards.....although it only has the 64 processor.....loaded with OpenTX r2940 and it works fine no problem as well.
Can anyone either suggest where I might be going wrong, or state categorically that my combination of hardware should actually work as intended, as this is driving me nuts!
Cheers for any help
Don

don9f

Re: Turnigy9x 128, OpenTX, Telemetrez and Switch Error

Post by don9f »

I was pretty sure it would be a firmware problem....tried reverting the Telemetrez firmware to r86 and all is well.
The smartieparts 2.4 board has made all this so easy.
Cheers Don
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What Tx module will you be using?
With the TeZ at r86, telemetry will only work with a DJT (9600 baud).
The change to the TeZ firmware (to r90) was to handle the XJT that operates at 57600 baud.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
don9f

Post by don9f »

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply....I use an XJT module in this particular 9X and it was when I read something you had posted elsewhere about the baud rate, revision r90 etc. that the penny dropped for getting OpenTX to work without the switch error. I'm really only experimenting (and learning), as I'd normally run with ER9X on this particular radio, hence the earlier update to r90.
Cheers Don

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”