Programmer and telemetry question.

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
NorthWalian

Programmer and telemetry question.

Post by NorthWalian »

Hi all, I'm new to the form and new to quadcopters :)

I have a 9x transmitter with a fr sky djt telemetry module and a fr sky D8R ii pro receiver.
If I fit the smartieparts programmer and the telemetrEZ board and flash the tx with er9x firmware will I get telemetry readings back to the transmitter.
If so which telemetry readings will be seen?
Did I also read somewhere that the receiver will need flashing.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've done loads of searching but haven't found the exact answers :oops:

Dave.

s_mack

Re: Programmer and telemetry question.

Post by s_mack »

Yeah, you have it basically right. Rather than just basic er9x firmware though, you will have to make sure to get the ER9X-Frsky variant otherwise no telemetry and TelemetrEZ will just cause switch errors to be reported. With the correct variant though, you'll be good to go.

I don't think the rx needs flashing but I'll leave others to comment in case I missed something along the way.

As far as what telemetry readings will be seen... I have to leave that up to your research and others' answers. I do know you will get signal strength and receiver battery levels. For more than that, I believe at lease some modification and/or additional sensors are required. Despite the fact that I created the TelemetrEZ product, I actually know very little about its practical use. Right around the time I developed it, my wife also gave birth to our son. And since then, I really haven't done much in this hobby at all (in fact I have about $5k worth of stuff in my basement I have to figure if I'm selling or if its just waiting for me to get back to it!).
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Pretty much all the telemetry from whatever (FrSky) sensors you fit!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
NorthWalian

Post by NorthWalian »

Thanks for the replies.

Order has been placed :) :) :)

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”