[SOLVED] Added TelemetrEZ now blank 9x Help!

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
Flydigital

[SOLVED] Added TelemetrEZ now blank 9x Help!

Post by Flydigital »

I successfully added the Smartieparts board a few months back and now have er9x up and running. Today I added the TelemetrEZ module and went to update firmware to FrSky telemetry version. Something went wrong and I'm stuck with a blank screen on the 9x.
I used OpenTX companion and had to add some developer pack from somewhere to deal with an 'AVRDude' error by linking to a file in /bin - sharing this background info in case it's relevant.

I managed to successfully connect to the 9X and download my settings file. When I went to load a new firmware however it left me with a blank screen on the 9x.

my first thought was that the newly added TelemetrEZ module might have been badly installed and was causing the error. - But would appreciate any guidance!

s_mack

Re: Added TelemetrEZ now blank 9x Help!

Post by s_mack »

I suggest you try posting in a different forum section. This is for help with use of the SmartieParts programmer itself.

Can you confirm that the screen was NOT blank after you installed the TelemetrEZ but before you flashed the firmware? Or you don't know because you never tested it after doing the hardware change (and before the firmware change)?
Flydigital

Post by Flydigital »

After installing the TelemetrEZ I did turn it on and the screen appeared fine looking as it did before and switches and sticks responded fine. I'll try posting elsewhere too thanks, just not sure that it's a TelemetrEZ issue.
Thanks
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

If the screen was fine after the hardware change, but before the firmware change, and is now blank after only changing the firmware then that strongly suggests it is not a hardware issue.

Did you try flashing the firmware again? Perhaps something went wrong and you don't actually have any firmware on there right now.

This part that you wrote:
I used OpenTX companion and had to add some developer pack from somewhere to deal with an 'AVRDude' error by linking to a file in /bin
Yes that probably is relevant. "some developer pack from somewhere" should be expanded on because I have no idea what that means and "'an 'AVRDude' error" always needs to be reported with the exact error.
Flydigital

Post by Flydigital »

Problem resolved. I used a different computer - the one I had previously flashed the er9x and it worked fine. For some reason I had a bad set up on the new machine.

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”