AVRISP mkII

Arrow1500

AVRISP mkII

Post by Arrow1500 »

Hello everybody,
i try to prog my modified X9 using eePe with AVRISP mkII.
(changed 10µ C on Reset against 100nF, C's on MISO, MOSI, SCK against 330pF
Signals looks fine).

the respond:
=================================================================================
AVRDUDE gestartet
C:/Programme/eePe/avrdude.exe -c avrispmkII -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/DOKUME~1/holger/LOKALE~1/Temp/temp.hex:i
=================================================================================
avrdude.exe: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

AVRDUDE ist fertig - Exit code 1

Working with the AVR environment (Studio, AVRISP mkII, ITAGICE mkII) without a problem.
I can read the the ATmega64A Chip -ID. Jungo-driver installed.
eePe and AVR-Studio arn't open at the same time, no more USB devices at the PC (Win xp).

what have i to consider to do the prog job :?: .

kind regards

Holger

jonlowe

Re: AVRISP mkII

Post by jonlowe »

I had nothing but problems with an AVRISP MkII that I bought off ebay. This was in the early days before eepe, and other good gui interfaces for the 9x. Randomly changed fuse settings without me telling it to, would only connect intermittantly, etc. Finally gave up, and got a USBASP, like the one HobbyKing sells, here:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=21321

Far more reliable and consistent. Works first time, everytime, and also available on ebay. Get one, you won't regret it.

Jon
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Avrispmkii is a great programer. I never had a problem with mine, and it trolls me if there if a problem.
What version of windows are you running? Out could be as simple as needing to run eepe as an administrator.
-gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Arrow1500

Post by Arrow1500 »

Hello everybody,

found an answer on the web,
Jungo-driver has be intended to work only with AVR Studio.
If you want to work "standalone" with AVRISP mkII under Win XP, you have to install usblib-driver.
awaiting my next problem.... :)

kind regards
Holger
DHDSP

Post by DHDSP »

I had the same problem a couple of days ago. After installing libusb everything works, just choose USB as your interface.

BTW: I'm pretty sure I had it working without libusb half a year ago. But last week I tried to use my AVRISP mkII, and avrdude refused to write. So I installed libusb and now it's working again.
System: Windows7 64bit

IceWind

Post by IceWind »

What was the change made to make the MKii working? I seen mention to change some caps but is that on the board or
on the programmer?

I have one and it was driving me nuts trying to program the radio, it was always returning a bogus device signature ID.
Only thing that fixed it was slowing it down with "-B 1000" but at 1Mhz it takes hours to read/write.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Mine always complained about a shorted reset line. That was caused by the large capacitor attached to the reset pin on the 9x board. After that mine always worked fine, even at higher speeds.
-Gohst
IceWind

Post by IceWind »

Ok thanks So I'll try an swap it that cap for a 100nF.
I had to flash the radio to the FrSky FW and it took me all afternoon....

Return to “PROGRAMMERS”