Flashing Success (But Not Really)

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Flashing Success (But Not Really)

Post by Rob Thomson »

I suspect you need to press your up and down buttons to cycle through all the different displays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

gohsthb

Re: Flashing Success (But Not Really)

Post by gohsthb »

I think I know what you are talking about. In Eepe there is a tab that shows where your trims are set. On the radio this is shown on the main screen, although there is no number version there. In Er9x you have an option to copy your trim values into sub-trim values. After copying the trim values they would get set to zero. This option can be found at the bottom of the limit screen.
Extended limits (e.limits) needs to be enabled before you can set them. You enable them in the first page of a model's settings, it is down the list a little bit. After that go to the limits screen. You can now set the limits up to 125. Without the option enabled the limits won't go past 100.
I hope this is helpful. Since I am not sure what you are trying to do. You seem to have mixed extended limits (which control endpoints) and trims (which control the center position).
-Gohst
orentlikher

Post by orentlikher »

thank you for your help guys. Well it started with me trying to calibrate the fly bar with the e.limits and i saw the option to set it on, however it makes sense now that it goes past 125%. Then playing around in eepe i saw a trims tab, which isnt displayed as a separate display with values, but i guess it shouldnt matter since it displays it on the main screen. Whatever saves memory for other cool options i guess..thanks for your input...im setting up my heli right now, hopefully get to fly it sometimes soon. Ive been setting it up for a few months now little by little and actually i think its the building process which is very exciting....more so than actualy flying it :D
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I'm glad you find the heli building process exciting. I know from experience that you will have to rebuild it many times.
-Gohst
orentlikher

Post by orentlikher »

also i had a separate issue with my vario sensor for frsky hub, have anyone experienced it giving some non-true values? it seems to give different values after turning on/off tx. I am testing it indoors, maybe thats the problem...

orentlikher

Post by orentlikher »

yes heli stuff is great, i just got into the rc hobby and my dream was always fpv stuff, so hopefully little by little i will get to flying planes and eventually fpv....but iam sure helis will always be the intricate and exciting part of this hobby
stackoverflow128

Post by stackoverflow128 »

Hi

Just wanted to make a note! For those who are upgrading from er9x.hex to er9x-frsky.hex which I imagen is quite common. Do not perform the modification to the buttons/switches then try to flash. The switches, will now be in the incorrect state, preventing the processor from accepting the avrisp operation just leaving you with avrisp timeout errors,sync issues and other such garbage. This took me 24 hours to figure this out :(
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Don't know what you're talking about, but you can totally flash after doing the hardware mod. You probably jsut needed to flip the switches, and that would be caused by a bad programmer.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Actually, when you do the telemetry mod to the radio (which I understand is what you mean by "upgrading from er9x.hex to er9x-frsky.hex"), you actually remove the switches from the programming pins. The "er9x-frsky.hex" expects the switches to be connected to pins 41 and 42 of the Atmega, so no reason why it should be a problem.
It would be easier to have a problem BEFORE the telemetry mod than after the mod..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “PROGRAMMERS”