avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

chilskater

avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

Post by chilskater »

Hi,
I just get replacement board for Turnigy 9X from Banggood after frying the original one. I bought also SP Basic 9X Programmer. When i switched on my new board, i got blank display with backlight ON.

In eepe, i got TX disk not mounted and avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc error message when trying to read from the radio.
Please assist. I only got the time and resource during this restricted movement order due to Covid19 to do this mod I bought the radio few years ago and did the backlight mod from HobbyKing

Heyphred

Re: avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

Post by Heyphred »

I got that error in AVRdude when I used the winusb driver option in the Zadig utility on a windows 10 PC
I opened Zadig again and picked one of the libusb driver and it started talking.
https://zadig.akeo.ie/

I got a couple of no response errors after that. Slowing down the communication speed fixed it.
I'm new and this is off the top of my head.. in the preferences of eepe on the bottom for line augments I put -B 11 and it was reliable.
Higher numbers were slower and anything lower would get the no response messages.

Return to “er9x model setup”