OpenTX and Naza-H FBL setup

Heisenberg

OpenTX and Naza-H FBL setup

Post by Heisenberg »

Hi,
I just recently purchased a Naza-H controller for my Trex 550 fbl heli, and am trying to program my Taranis featuring OpentX to work with it. In the documentation for the Naza-H setup, it says i need to create a model with a 90 deg swashplate single servo? setup.

Its unclear to me how to do this, and while the heli setup page has a place for a 90 deg swashplate type, i think there is more to it than that. Using the supplied CCPM and eCCPM templates dont seem to cater for someone trying to setup a Flybarless controller.

Can anyone assist with this ?

thanks,
Michael

Kilrah

Re: OpenTX and Naza-H FBL setup

Post by Kilrah »

You won't need to use the heli page. The Naza recommends using a heli model because most commercial radios do not allow using pitch/throttle curves when in Airplane mode. That restriction isn't present in openTx.
Basically all you should need is the CCPM heli template for the pitch and throttle curves, but get rid of the CYCs in the mixer and assign the Ail/Ele/Rud sticks directly to the appropriate channels according to your receiver-side connections instead.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Hey thanks,
Ill give a try and let you know how it goes., but one more question... if your not using the CYC's, how do you set a pitch curve ? on channel 6 ?

thanks,
Michael
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You need to read the Naza's manual for that. It likely has one input dedicated for pitch that you will connect to a receiver channel, and on which you will place your curves.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

ill give it a try.. thanks for your help.

Return to “openTx model setup”