Loading model setup directly onto SD card.

Daveh

Loading model setup directly onto SD card.

Post by Daveh »

More newbie problems. I have a 9XR Pro with OpenTx 2.2.0 (218) loaded. Seems to run OK. I have Companion loaded and have used it to set up a couple of models with fairly lengthy mixes. On the simulator these worked well. I was pleased with it. But, it seems that I have connection problems with my Tx. Is there a way to just copy a model setup from my directory in Companion (the ".otx" file) onto my SD card. I've tried. The otx file was unpacked and the bin file dropped into the SD card "MODELS" directory. It had a couple of problems, I noticed that instead of being named as per the model setup as produced and named within Companion, they were just called model1. model2 and so on. All were 5.2Kb. When an attempt to restore one of these was made, I saw the message "incompatible" on the Tx screen. Is there a way to make this transfer? Do I have my Tx started in a wrong mode?

Kilrah

Re: Loading model setup directly onto SD card.

Post by Kilrah »

That mode of operation is not supported. There is a workaround if you launch the sim, on model select you do a model backup, move that file that will be in the SD card copy's "MODELS" directory into the dir of the real card, and "Restore" on an empty slot in the radio.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Sorry, not really understood that. Please tell me again, part by part... Thanks..
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Oh.... well, i had a go at this... I can drop the file into the the SD card "MODELS" dir and then restore to the TX. It works..sort of. The model name is not there and the setup appears to be corrupted although nearly all looks correct other than that I can't find a GV page. This makes me suspect that the FW loaded might not have this in its build, even though that's the one I flashed.. Thanks for your help... I may look for a different solution.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Seems you might have a mismatch between the radio type you've set in companion, and/or not the same versions. GVARs are in the flight modes on small screen radios.

Daveh

Post by Daveh »

It's now resolved.. I had similar problems trying to load erSKY9x, so suspected some common problem in the way I was doing things. I've posted more thanks on the post where a few tried to help me.. Many thanks ..

Return to “openTx model setup”