OpenTX 2.0.0

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: OpenTX 2.0.0

Post by bertrand35 »

PNaz wrote:My Sky9x transmitter is not recognized by Companion 2.0.0. When I try to read models or write firmware to the transmitter I get a warning window saying "No Taranis radio found". I have tried selecting both versions of OpenTX for Sky9x board/ 9x that are available in the Edit Settings menus. I also had the same problem with Companion 1.99.7. Companion 1.99.6 worked properly. I have the latest 2.0.0 firmware loaded in the radio using the bootloader from 1.99.6 and copying the files from the computer into the firmware directory and the using bootloader to install the firmware

Paul
Please open an issue for this! Did you try massstorage and SAM-BA methods (they should work both)?

OpenTxPilot

Post by OpenTxPilot »

Heli CCPM Mixing Bug?? (Companion & FW 2.0)

I believe I have found another bug in the 2.0 firmware using a Taranis (X9D). It seems CCPM Heli mixing does not work if the default channel order is something other then RETA (i.e. Mode 1). I spent 2+ hrs trying to setup a CCPM heli and could not figure out why it wasn't working. So I went back to Companion 1.52 and used the Heli template to setup a model. This model worked as expected. So I started to compare model in Companion 1.52 with the model in 2.0. Unless I'm missing something in Companion 1.52 the Sticks order is always RETA (i.e. Mode 1) regardless of the default channel order specified. In Companion 2.0 the Inputs order is the same as the default channel order. I believe this change has broken the CCPM hell mixing function. My default channel order is AETR, which in Companion/FW 2.0, is now my default Inputs order when setting up a new model. In this order CYC1, CYC2, and CYC3 get the wrong TX stick inputs. Again, if I change the Inputs order to be RETA (Mode 1) then CYC1, CYC2, and CYC3 get the correct inputs from the TX sticks. I am new to the Taranis and OpenTx so its possible this is somehow user error but at this point I don't believe so. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Thanks,
Thad
Last edited by OpenTxPilot on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OpenTxPilot wrote:4. Move selection to the right S1 and 'short press' enter to activate.
When you're doing this you actually deactivate S1 and leave the others activated. When the name is highlighted the warning is activated.
xtrmtrk

Post by xtrmtrk »

srobledo wrote:Thanks Devs!
Is there a plan to release for Mac?
I can't believe I am the first to ask; is there anything I can do make the build and provide to other Mac users?
Thanks,
Sergio

I am very willing to help with this too. If there will be no more Mac releases, I guess I need to look into buying a Windows notebook for field use. Ugh. I'd rather buy a couple new planes. :(

I just tried doing the Mac build since I already have a development system on one of my Macs. It died with many, many errors. I'm wondering if I should jump in and try to fix it, or if that's already being worked on.
Last edited by xtrmtrk on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenTxPilot

Post by OpenTxPilot »

Kilrah wrote:
OpenTxPilot wrote:4. Move selection to the right S1 and 'short press' enter to activate.
When you're doing this you actually deactivate S1 and leave the others activated. When the name is highlighted the warning is activated.
Yes, my mistake. :oops:
Step 4 should be omitted on a new model setup. Regardless, S3 should not be getting checked via "Control Warning" because there is no S3 on Taranis (X9D).

bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

xtrmtrk wrote:
srobledo wrote:Thanks Devs!
Is there a plan to release for Mac?
I can't believe I am the first to ask; is there anything I can do make the build and provide to other Mac users?
Thanks,
Sergio

I am very willing to help with this too. If there will be no more Mac releases, I guess I need to look into buying a Windows notebook for field use. Ugh. I'd rather buy a couple new planes. :(

I just tried doing the Mac build since I already have a development system on one of my Macs. It died with many, many errors. I'm wondering if I should jump in and try to fix it, or if that's already being worked on.
Please contact me and send me the errors so that we could go forward as soon as possible!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

How do I download the full source of the Release version of OpenTx2.0 as I need to compile OpenTx to add some private modifications, ? :?:

I have installed SVN and Github on my WinXP computer.

When I right click into an empty folder, I get a selection menu that offers different SVN and Git selections.

Git init here
Git Gui
Git Bash
Git Clone...
Git create repository here...
Tortoise Git

The most probable selection to me is "Git Clone..."

What URL do I need ? (https://github.com/opentx/opentx works, but I don't know what I really get)

Which of the other fileds must be selected:
depth
recursive
clone into bare repo
no checkout
load putty key

I would be thankful for any help.

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Git clone, url is correct, and you get the entire repo and history of OpenTX with defaut options. Checkout either the master branch (current release) or next branch (current dev status).
zmooth

Post by zmooth »

Is there any way to check if stickrev is compiled in my firmware? I don't have any such options in the radio but companion is showing them correctly.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Ok, downloaded with GitClone and got 115MB with >80MB in .git folder, 19.1MB in companion folder, 12.4MB in radio and 880KB in sound folder and some separate files
Checkout either the master branch (current release) or next branch (current dev status).
How do I do this ?

I know, /radio/src contains the OpenTX code and I even can compile it, but how do I know what 'version' that is or how can I select master or next branch ?

Sorry if these questions may sound stupid, but I really have no idea how to handle github :?

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Reading some basic doc about git might be worth it. You're working on the branch that is "checked out" - which you do for example with "git checkout next" on the commandline, or whatever is the way to do it in the git client you installed.

If you're on Windows or mac I recommend the SourceTree git client that is very graphical and easy to understand. You simply double click on the branch you want in the tree on the left.
Attachments
st.png
zmooth

Post by zmooth »

ReSt wrote:Ok, downloaded with GitClone and got 115MB with >80MB in .git folder, 19.1MB in companion folder, 12.4MB in radio and 880KB in sound folder and some separate files
Checkout either the master branch (current release) or next branch (current dev status).
How do I do this ?

I know, /radio/src contains the OpenTX code and I even can compile it, but how do I know what 'version' that is or how can I select master or next branch ?

Sorry if these questions may sound stupid, but I really have no idea how to handle github :?

Reinhard
To check branch : git status
To change branch : git checkout <branch>
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

zmooth wrote:Is there any way to check if stickrev is compiled in my firmware? I don't have any such options in the radio but companion is showing them correctly.
I will check now
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

No stick rev on the compilation server, give me one minute ...
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Would you give it a new try?
zmooth

Post by zmooth »

bertrand35 wrote:Would you give it a new try?
It now works perfectly, thank you very much !
dermo

Re: Sv: OpenTX 2.0.0

Post by dermo »

dvogonen wrote:Another option is to install and use the tool called alien. Alien will allow you to install rpm packages on Ubuntu/Mint. You can even convert a rpm package to a deb package.

I just did the second alternative to the Companion 2.0.0 package and installed the result on a Mint machine. Worked just fine.
I'm getting an error on my 64bit ubuntu machine. Any workarounds?

dg@dell580:~/Downloads$ sudo alien --to-deb companion-2.0.0-i686.rpm
[sudo] password for dg:
companion-2.0.0-i686.rpm is for architecture i386 ; the package cannot be built on this system
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Ah yes we need to make a 64bits RPM, the compilation server is 32bits!
fryfrog

Post by fryfrog »

xtrmtrk wrote: If there will be no more Mac releases, I guess I need to look into buying a Windows notebook for field use. Ugh. I'd rather buy a couple new planes. :(
There is no reason to buy another computer, just use Bootcamp to create a Windows partition / installation on your current one. Then, when you need Windows, it is just a reboot away. Vmware can even boot this installation up, so you can use it natively *or* inside a virtual machine, super useful if what you're doing doesn't *really* need Windows natively booted.
xtrmtrk

Post by xtrmtrk »

fryfrog wrote:
xtrmtrk wrote: If there will be no more Mac releases, I guess I need to look into buying a Windows notebook for field use. Ugh. I'd rather buy a couple new planes. :(
There is no reason to buy another computer, just use Bootcamp to create a Windows partition / installation on your current one. Then, when you need Windows, it is just a reboot away. Vmware can even boot this installation up, so you can use it natively *or* inside a virtual machine, super useful if what you're doing doesn't *really* need Windows natively booted.
That might work if I had more than 10% free space on my MacBook Air. Yes, I could get an external drive, but the cost of that with a windows license is about the same as a new cheap Wintel laptop.

God I hate Windows.
FigNewton

Post by FigNewton »

xtrmtrk wrote: God I hate Windows.
Then look into a bootable Linux USB stick with persistence.
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

I think that there is one minor translation errors in the French version about the vario sources you can select on the telemetry panels.

On the Tx:
- you can now select between Vario , A1 , A2 , E
- it should be like VVit, A1, A2, dET

On companion (in the telemetry tab)
- you can dow select between VSpeed , A1 , A2 , dTE
- it should be like VVitesse, A1, A1 , dET
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Tried out 2.0 today after setting up the profile set for a 9X board fitted with an M128.. It seems that it doesn't like logical switches being used as channel sources, as nothing happens when the logical switch changes state. Checked to see if the same applied with the 9XR and it reacts in the same way. All fine with the settings changed to Taranis. This applies to the radio and Companion.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Flaps 30 wrote:Tried out 2.0 today after setting up the profile set for a 9X board fitted with an M128.. It seems that it doesn't like logical switches being used as channel sources, as nothing happens when the logical switch changes state. Checked to see if the same applied with the 9XR and it reacts in the same way. All fine with the settings changed to Taranis. This applies to the radio and Companion.
It is strange, I don't reproduce. Would you send me your EEPROM and tell me which model / logical switch I should check?
econoline

Post by econoline »

FigNewton wrote:
xtrmtrk wrote: God I hate Windows.
Then look into a bootable Linux USB stick with persistence.
Seems like Companion needs to run under Win, Mac, and Linux. I'm one of the people hoping for a Mac binary soon.

Just wondering, would it be possible to port Companion9x to run as a Chrome browser application like openLRSng - Configurator? I know this would take some work but only one version of Companion would be required instead of the multi-platform support that we need now.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

The use of logical switches in the way specified happens on a few channels. Probably the best one to look at would be the model 'Skysurfer' and the use of L8 on channel 6 which should cause the output of channel 6 to switch between -100 and +100 every second.
Models 1 June 2014.eepe
(9.66 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Thanks I reproduce it! But it's an export problem, L8 is exported as tAr (trim Ail right). I will fix it later today.
HWal

Post by HWal »

Upgrade Firmware to v2.0.0 was sucessful on my Taranis Tx. Many thanks to the team for making this possible!

Something puzzles me a little:
When I copy the Firmware file to the FIRMWARES directory on the SD card and Write with the Bootloader, everything seems fine.
When I Write Firmware to Radio with Companion, everything seems fine as well.

Could someone please explain a little about the difference between these two alternatives?

Thanks,
Helge.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Flaps 30 wrote:The use of logical switches in the way specified happens on a few channels. Probably the best one to look at would be the model 'Skysurfer' and the use of L8 on channel 6 which should cause the output of channel 6 to switch between -100 and +100 every second.
Models 1 June 2014.eepe
It's fixed now. If last tests are ok, we release tonight 2.0.1
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

HWal wrote:Upgrade Firmware to v2.0.0 was sucessful on my Taranis Tx. Many thanks to the team for making this possible!

Something puzzles me a little:
When I copy the Firmware file to the FIRMWARES directory on the SD card and Write with the Bootloader, everything seems fine.
When I Write Firmware to Radio with Companion, everything seems fine as well.

Could someone please explain a little about the difference between these two alternatives?

Thanks,
Helge.
Using the bootloader can only write new firmware - it' can't update the bootloader
Using Companion you can write the firmware and also write any updates or changes to the bootloader (if that becomes necessary)

Some like using Companion because it's quick
Some like using the bootloader because Zadig gives them a rash.

Like all of OpenTx -- there is more than one way to accomplish your mission.

Return to “openTx”