OpenTX 2.0.0

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: OpenTX 2.0.0

Post by Rob Thomson »

nischris wrote:
Scott Page wrote: gall of the throngs emerging from their caves to throw stones at the fatted calf when they never lifted a finger to evaluate and give suggestions prior to it's release.
I'm not emerging from a cave. I'm not throwing stones. I also don't need to take part in any testing process to have a preference. I am a bit surprised that users who have previously had easy access to the files on the sd card prefer some other device.
To he fair - it is:

- not really hard. Just hold the trims on power up.

- it is more than a USB drive option. It allows you to flash the firmware.

This is a godsend for people who have had problems flashing radios due to driver issues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

nischris

Post by nischris »

Yep, I understand that. I've never been able to flash my device from windows, so the new bootloader/flash from sd card features will be handy.
dermo

Post by dermo »

MicheleVilla wrote:Companion 2.0.1 compiled from git
Lubuntu 14.04
In Model Setup page the list of potenziometers in "warning pot" is missing
Appears only the combobox with "auto manual off"
Confirm?
Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit and am unable to convert the .rpm file to .deb using alien. This is something to do with the compilation server being 32 bit. I'd appreciate if you could point me in the direction of how to download and compile sources from git. I'm eager to upgrade to 2.0.1.

Also, I am wondering why the change to issuing redhat .rpm files instead of debian/ubuntu .deb 32 and 64 bit versions that were available previously?? AFAIK Ubuntu linux has a significant share of the linux market so they should be catering to that. The change of software distribution packages has me confused and it lacks continuity. Maybe there is a good reason for it.
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Ubuntu and Debian are the most popular distribution in Linux World
I hope very shortly a .deb 32 and 64bit will be avalaible

The instructions are in wiki:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/C ... structions

From wiki:
Please note that there are build dependencies from OpenTX Companion to the OpenTX firmware.
This means that the complete OpenTX code base, not just the Companion part, must be available.
It also means that you have to install the OpenTX firmware build chain before you continue.

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/O ... structions

You need to install also
sudo apt-get install python-qt4-dev

with
git checkout master
you choise the stable version

Hope this help
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Lubuntu 14.04
Confirm?
Just compiled but the problem remains the same
(also in simulator)
It's a bug?

In menu Setup option Switch warnings with Taranis radio appears also the S3 pot
Is correct?

2903nostrand

Post by 2903nostrand »

Hi I'm Erwin and I'm new in this column. I own a TGY T9X which I modified with a Smartieparts board and flashed open TX into it. The flashing worked 1A so did the programming so far. but now I ran into a problem. On my Durafly Storch I programmed flaps on channel 6 actuated with a 3-way switch. ID0 = 100, ID1 = 4o and ID2 = - 80 all of them down S 1sec, up no delay. What I would like to do, I would like to put a little ELV. into the mix. For example to ID1 10-15% down ELV, to ID 25-30% down ELV. How do I do that?
With the splashscreen I'm trying to put on another Image to greet me when I switch it on. I'm retired so I have a little time on my side(still) If I'm not successful, I think I know where to get some help.

Thank's in advance for all you help!
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Scott Page wrote:I find my self somewhat amazed at the gall of the throngs emerging from their caves to throw stones at the fatted calf when they never lifted a finger to evaluate and give suggestions prior to it's release.
I would have loved to help with testing out the stock M128 version before it was released as it does appear to have missed out a bit, leaving in some fundamental flaws that makes it difficult if not unusable to use it with anything other than a basic system. Mind you. The idea of having to jump through hoops concerning Github and having to mess around with code to build things during testing phases leaves me with nightmares. So that may rule me out of it. My geek days are gone in the mists of time, they went with the passing of valves/tubes. ;)

Back on track with matters concerning the stock M128

The logical switch problem has been sorted with the latest version. The problem with using curves (as posted earlier) is still with us and that stops me flying with 2.0.1, as I use curves for crow settings and elevator/pitch compensation.

Another bug has been located (in companion) with the trims. When you use cross trims (rudder trim to aileron for example) it shows up on the mix as 'no trim'. It does work as it should, it seems the error is just with the labelling.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Flaps 30 wrote: I would have loved to help with testing out the stock M128 version before it was released
[...]

The idea of having to jump through hoops concerning Github and having to mess around with code to build things during testing phases leaves me with nightmares. So that may rule me out of it.
Nightly builds for each platform including m128 have been built automatically every night for about a month before release, precisely so that people could test without a development environment... was of course announced on the related thread that went on top of the recent threads several times every day during that period ;)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

MicheleVilla wrote:
Lubuntu 14.04
Confirm?
(also in simulator)
It's a bug?

Is correct?
Both fixed (assume you meant center beep instead of switch warning)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

dermo wrote:Also, I am wondering why the change to issuing redhat .rpm files instead of debian/ubuntu .deb 32 and 64 bit versions that were available previously?? AFAIK Ubuntu linux has a significant share of the linux market so they should be catering to that. The change of software distribution packages has me confused and it lacks continuity. Maybe there is a good reason for it.
the .deb packages were "hand-built" by someone with a 64bit Ubuntu system.
The process has now been automated on the compilation server that provides all other builds, and that one is a 32bit Fedora machine... So the .deb still need to be hand built and that hasn't been done yet. Lack of time and all.
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Kilrah wrote:
MicheleVilla wrote:
Lubuntu 14.04
Confirm?
(also in simulator)
It's a bug?

Is correct?
Both fixed (assume you meant center beep instead of switch warning)
Ok Perfect!
Thank you
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Kilrah wrote:Nightly builds for each platform including m128 have been built automatically every night for about a month before release, precisely so that people could test without a development environment... was of course announced on the related thread that went on top of the recent threads several times every day during that period ;)
Feehhh! My fault in not checking closely enough when it was all going on.. :( ... Ohh well.... I suppose all I can do is to do as I have been doing, but it does seem that there isn't that many testing it out on the stock TX which is a worry or a reason to buy the Taranis to keep the ball rolling.
dermo

Post by dermo »

Kilrah wrote:
dermo wrote:Also, I am wondering why the change to issuing redhat .rpm files instead of debian/ubuntu .deb 32 and 64 bit versions that were available previously?? AFAIK Ubuntu linux has a significant share of the linux market so they should be catering to that. The change of software distribution packages has me confused and it lacks continuity. Maybe there is a good reason for it.
the .deb packages were "hand-built" by someone with a 64bit Ubuntu system.
The process has now been automated on the compilation server that provides all other builds, and that one is a 32bit Fedora machine... So the .deb still need to be hand built and that hasn't been done yet. Lack of time and all.
Cheers, I understand now. I managed to follow the github opentx and companion build instructions and now have a working companion v2.0.1 and opentx binary. I just haven't loaded it onto my Taranis yet. One thing has me a bit confused is the firmware compilation options and which ones I need etc. I just did a 'make PCB=TARANIS' but am wondering if I need to enable 'audio on' and 'voice on' for example. I guess what I'm asking is the purpose of some of those options and whether I need them to make my Taranis have the functionality I need and am used to. Is there anywhere I can go to review the options?
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

I have just seen in
General Settings->calibration
S3 is visible for Taranis (not plus)

General settings-> settings
my Taranis has not haptic but the option remains active and in special function->actions is possible to choose haptic
In Companion before upload data from radio I think is difficult to understand if haptic is active
viceversa is possible
dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

Most of the options are for 9x/9xr radios which have limited program memory and can not fit all options at once. Almost all features (voice etc) are always available for the Taranis.

The easiest way o find out what makes sense for Taranis is to check the fw selection page in companion. You see all the switches that applies there. By looking in the help file you can find the exact switch names and values.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Flaps 30 wrote:The problem with using curves (as posted earlier) is still with us and that stops me flying with 2.0.1, as I use curves for crow settings and elevator/pitch compensation.

Another bug has been located (in companion) with the trims. When you use cross trims (rudder trim to aileron for example) it shows up on the mix as 'no trim'. It does work as it should, it seems the error is just with the labelling.
I missed this post, it's really hard for me to read all forums, please open issues, it takes only one minute and it helps a lot on project management side, thanks!
dermo

Post by dermo »

dvogonen wrote:Most of the options are for 9x/9xr radios which have limited program memory and can not fit all options at once. Almost all features (voice etc) are always available for the Taranis.

The easiest way o find out what makes sense for Taranis is to check the fw selection page in companion. You see all the switches that applies there. By looking in the help file you can find the exact switch names and values.
Thanks. I managed to figure it all out. Compiled my own 64 bit Ubuntu Companion and the firmware transferred perfectly. Loving the new v2.0.1 !
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

bertrand35 wrote:I missed this post, it's really hard for me to read all forums, please open issues, it takes only one minute and it helps a lot on project management side, thanks!
Will do. Before that I will try and see how I can describe the problem with the curves, as to what they are doing at present, along with testing it out with the transmitter rather than just using Companion.
alberto

Post by alberto »

Hello all, I have a little problem and I don't know if it is know or not. If I set a delay (ex. UP=0.5 and DWN=0.5) on a slider (tried both LS and RS) the channel in the monitor of the radio change only if I move the slider to 0% or 100%, any other position do absolutely nothing, but on the simulator it works as it should. sorry if this was already mentioned but I couldn't find it. thanks

edit:
radio is a taranis
alex044

Post by alex044 »

Hello,

I have just intalled the version 2.0.1 of OpenTx, and I try to download a FW but I'm getting a message : compilation serveur temporary failure

My FW setup :
opentx-9x-templates-ppmca-potscroll-autosource-autoswitch-dblkeys-battgraph-sqt5font-thrtrace-pgbar-nowshh-novario-nogps-nogauges-en-2.0.1.hex
balu

Post by balu »

Does anyone know if (and when) there will be a native OSX version? I'd try to compile it myself if someone can point me in the right direction.
900supersport

Post by 900supersport »

Just compiled companion on linux 64 bit. Works a treat when launched from the lbuild folder. I've run make install but if I try staring companion I get a No such file or directory message as below.

Code: Select all

brian@brian-SATELLITE-C870D-11X:~$ companion 
bash: /usr/local/bin/companion: No such file or directory
Does anyone have any ideas?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Not sure there's an install target. If there is don't forget you might need to "sudo make install" as linux won't want to copy if you don't have admin permissions.
davx

Post by davx »

900supersport wrote:Just compiled companion on linux 64 bit. Works a treat when launched from the lbuild folder. I've run make install but if I try staring companion I get a No such file or directory message as below.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Running make install works for me, it won't help you much, but at least, you know it's possible ;)
UbuntuVM.jpg
900supersport

Post by 900supersport »

Thanks I'll keep looking into it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
SR71

Post by SR71 »

900supersport wrote:Just compiled companion on linux 64 bit. Works a treat when launched from the lbuild folder. I've run make install but if I try staring companion I get a No such file or directory message as below.

Try to run

ldd /usr/local/bin/companion

Maybe some shared library is missing or , for some reason, your executable is 32 bit.
davx

Post by davx »

@900supersport,

Another thing, I have to type sudo make install.
900supersport

Post by 900supersport »

Thanks davx that did the trick :-)
davx

Post by davx »

You're welcome, but I just read that Kilrah had already talked about the sudo thing earlier :)
900supersport

Post by 900supersport »

Good spot, thanks Kilrah.

Sent from my thl T11 using Tapatalk

Return to “openTx”