Visual Studio Build (code)

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
TrueBuild

Visual Studio Build (code)

Post by TrueBuild »

Hi,
Can you point me to the correct place to ask about the build process.

I am looking for help/advice on debugging the build process stated in...
http://code.google.com/p/companion9x/so ... Build.wiki

I'm sure it is a simple error in the path statement, needed to help the compiler find...
xerces-c: C:/Programs/xerces-vc/lib/xerces-c_3.lib

Thanks.

Kilrah

Re: Visual Studio Build (code)

Post by Kilrah »

Did you extract it like explained? Should work directly. What error do you have exactly?
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

Kilrah wrote:Did you extract it like explained? Should work directly. What error do you have exactly?
Looks like I may not have done :(
The information at http://code.google.com/p/companion9x/so ... Build.wiki is a stunning full explanation of how to set all the many packages up; however...

I'm stuck on what to set the environment Variables to for xercesC using EnvMan.exe
I have tried a number of ways...
Variable xercesC value C:\Program Files\xerces-vc\bin
I have tried value C:\Program Files\xerces-vc\lib
and tried value C:\Program Files\xerces-vc\bin

At least that is where I think the error must be.
My VM with XPSP3 has programs in c:\Program Files not as yours c:\programs as yours.
so all paths refer to c:\program files.
C:\Program Files\xerces-vc does have the xerces stuff eg..
C:\Program Files\xerces-vc\lib\xerces-c_3.lib
C:\Program Files\xerces-vc\bin\xerces-c_3_1.dll

The error during the build process is...
-- Looking for XercesC
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:17 (MESSAGE):
XercesC not found! Please set XercesC path ...

The cMakeOutput.log is...
The system is: Windows - 5.1 - x86
Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" succeeded.
Compiler:
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:

Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.30319.1.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
------ Build started: Project: CompilerIdC, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
CMakeCCompilerId.c
CompilerIdC.vcxproj -> C:\companion9x\trunk\build\CMakeFiles\2.8.12.1\CompilerIdC\.\CompilerIdC.exe
CMAKE_C_COMPILER=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\cl.exe
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Compilation of the C compiler identification source "CMakeCCompilerId.c" produced "CompilerIdC.exe"

Compilation of the C compiler identification source "CMakeCCompilerId.c" produced "CompilerIdC.vcxproj"

Compilation of the C compiler identification source "CMakeCCompilerId.c" produced "CompilerIdC.vcxproj.user"

The C compiler identification is MSVC, found in "C:/companion9x/trunk/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CompilerIdC/CompilerIdC.exe"

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" succeeded.
Compiler:
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:

------ Build started: Project: CompilerIdCXX, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp
CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj -> C:\companion9x\trunk\build\CMakeFiles\2.8.12.1\CompilerIdCXX\.\CompilerIdCXX.exe
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\cl.exe

Compilation of the CXX compiler identification source "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" produced "CompilerIdCXX.exe"

Compilation of the CXX compiler identification source "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" produced "CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj"

Compilation of the CXX compiler identification source "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" produced "CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj.user"

The CXX compiler identification is MSVC, found in "C:/companion9x/trunk/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CompilerIdCXX/CompilerIdCXX.exe"

Determining if the C compiler works passed with the following output:
Change Dir: C:/companion9x/trunk/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln /build Debug /project cmTryCompileExec3651961831

------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec3651961831, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 16.00.30319.01 for 80x86

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR=\"Debug\"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec3651961831.dir\Debug\\" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec3651961831.dir\Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:prompt testCCompiler.c

testCCompiler.c

cmTryCompileExec3651961831.vcxproj -> C:\companion9x\trunk\build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\Debug\cmTryCompileExec3651961831.exe

Detecting C compiler ABI info compiled with the following output:

Run Build Command:C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln /build Debug /project cmTryCompileExec576284712

------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec576284712, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR=\"Debug\"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec576284712.dir\Debug\\" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec576284712.dir\Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:prompt "..\..\..\..\..\Program Files\CMake\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\CMakeCCompilerABI.c"

CMakeCCompilerABI.c

cmTryCompileExec576284712.vcxproj -> C:\companion9x\trunk\build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\Debug\cmTryCompileExec576284712.exe

Determining if the CXX compiler works passed with the following output:

Run Build Command:C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln /build Debug /project cmTryCompileExec1314490209

------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec1314490209, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR=\"Debug\"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /GR /Fo"cmTryCompileExec1314490209.dir\Debug\\" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec1314490209.dir\Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /TP /analyze- /errorReport:prompt testCXXCompiler.cxx

testCXXCompiler.cxx

cmTryCompileExec1314490209.vcxproj -> C:\companion9x\trunk\build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\Debug\cmTryCompileExec1314490209.exe

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info compiled with the following output:

Run Build Command:C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln /build Debug /project cmTryCompileExec1185304408

------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec1185304408, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR=\"Debug\"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /GR /Fo"cmTryCompileExec1185304408.dir\Debug\\" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec1185304408.dir\Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /TP /analyze- /errorReport:prompt "..\..\..\..\..\Program Files\CMake\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp"

CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp

cmTryCompileExec1185304408.vcxproj -> C:\companion9x\trunk\build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\Debug\cmTryCompileExec1185304408.exe

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

TrueBuild wrote:I'm stuck on what to set the environment Variables to for xercesC using EnvMan.exe
The path does not need to be set for xerces, it would be mentioned in the guide if it was :)
TrueBuild wrote:My VM with XPSP3 has programs in c:\Program Files not as yours c:\programs as yours.
Yep, same for everyone :)
The c:\Programs need to be manually created so that you can put all the stuff that the guide says to put in c:\Programs in there. The compiler will be looking for them there.
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

Kilrah wrote:
TrueBuild wrote:My VM with XPSP3 has programs in c:\Program Files not as yours c:\programs as yours.
Yep, same for everyone :)
The c:\Programs need to be manually created so that you can put all the stuff that the guide says to put in c:\Programs in there. The compiler will be looking for them there.
Thanks for that, I will correct my error.

It may be of help to others if the line...
I also don't like software that installs in the C:\ root directory so I put everything in C:\Programs\

Was amended to say...
I also don't like software that installs in the C:\ root directory so I put everything in C:\Programs\
Note:- C:\Programs\ is not the windows system program files directory but a new c:\programs\ directory I create especially to house code required by the Build process. (or words of a similar nature)

TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

Kilrah,
It is looking good now thanks.

This link http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-wi ... vs2010.exe in the wiki did not work for me so I used...
http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/packages/qt/source/ and searched on qt-win-opensource-4.8.0-vs2010.exe created date 02 December 2013, 10:22:55 size 274 MB (287,563,192 bytes)

Note:- minor typo at...
http://code.google.com/p/companion9x/so ... Build.wiki
*Installer choices*
* Install "command line client tools"
* Install path c:\Programs\TortiseSVN

Add the following to the PATH environmental variable

C:\Programs\TortiseSVN\bin

Should be TortoiseSVN in all instances.
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

Hi all,
I'm getting an error...
Error 2 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory c:\companion9x\trunk\opentx\simpgmspace.cpp 463 1 companion9x
dirent.h is not listed in the Header Files section.
The file exists on my C:\Qt\4.8.0-vc\src\3rdparty\clucene\src\CLucene\util directory.

and a
Warning 1 warning C4805: '!=' : unsafe mix of type 'bool' and type 'int8_t' in operation c:\companion9x\trunk\opentx\gui\menu_model.cpp 4899 1 companion9x

Any ideas as to how I have messed up?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

See the comments at the bottom of the page for dirent.h.

Warnings are normal, they come up when the radio firmware is included in c9x for the simulator because of compiler differences.

I'll have a look at correcting the page, but might take a little while as we're moving things around a bit right now.
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

Kilrah wrote:See the comments at the bottom of the page for dirent.h.

Please can you say which page?
As I cannot see any reference on the page http://code.google.com/p/companion9x/so ... Build.wiki
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

TrueBuild wrote:
Kilrah wrote:See the comments at the bottom of the page for dirent.h.

Please can you say which page?
As I cannot see any reference on the page http://code.google.com/p/companion9x/so ... Build.wiki
Found this http://www.softagalleria.net/dirent.php
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

This is probably the correct one.
I also had to include it manually

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Wiki page is best viewed in the wiki than in the source code browser ;)

https://code.google.com/p/companion9x/w ... tudioBuild

Sent via mobile
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

Kilrah wrote:Wiki page is best viewed in the wiki than in the source code browser ;)

Sent via mobile
That is much better.

Oddly I went here in search of dirent.h but thought I was going out on a limb.
http://www.softagalleria.net/dirent.php

That placed in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include has resulted in no error or warnings.
Thanks all.

I'm from a c# background so I may be talking rubbish...
Should not the dirent.h file be in the project companion9x?
Also should any libs that are needed by the project be in lib folder of the project.

I

Return to “companion9x”