Slow Up Bug?

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
NI0X

Slow Up Bug?

Post by NI0X »

Hi, tried to use Slow Up only, there seems to be a bug:
It works only one time, then it is deactivated until I restart the transmitter.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Slow Up Bug?

Post by MikeB »

Please detail how you are using the SLOW operation. It is confusing due to the way it has to work.
Slow only applies to a single mix, and only applies if the value of that mix changes. Controlling a mix using a switch only enables or disables the mix, it doesn't change the mix value.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
NI0X

Post by NI0X »

- Just make a new model
- Remove all Mixers
- Add a Max 100, any Switch to activate it, Slow Up ... (5, 7, 10, doesn't matter)

Wirks only once, you have to restart the Transmitter that it will work again.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

MAX works differently on the Taranis (openTx) than it does on er9x (HALF).
On openTx, MAX is just a fixed output either enabled or disabled. On er9x HALF is at WEIGHT when enabled and at 0 when disabled.
The difference is on openTx, once the MAX output has slowly moved to its full position the mix NEVER moves anywhere else. On er9x, when the controlling switch os OFF, the mix goes back to 0%. This is confused by the fact that a channel with no active mixes outputs 0%, but this is the default output, not the output of a MAX mix that is not enabled.

I'm assuming you want an output that is at 0% when a switch is OFF and slowly moves to 100% when the switch is on. On turning the switch OFF it goes straight back to 0%.
I just tested this:
CH6: +100% SA (offset +100%) slow(up:10, down:0)
(SA is switch A)
With switch SA UP, the output is at 0%, moving switch SA to the centre position (SA-) causes the output to slowly rise to 100%. Switch away from the centre position and the output jumps back to 0%. You are using the switch SA as the source input instead of using it to control the mix.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
NI0X

Post by NI0X »

I don't udnerstand why I can't use Max and this makes things more difficult (I think)...

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The switch you can set in a mixer line is there to activate that line or not. When it is toggled the line is (de)activated instantly.

If you want to fade the effect of a mixer line you can use a flight mode and its fade settings or an intermediate channel.

Sent via mobile
manu

Post by manu »

Sorry for returning to this, but for me it is not logical by definition, why SLOW and DELAY wont affect the output of switched mixes (or mixer lines).
Why does this not work?

Code: Select all

CH12  (+100%)MAX Switch(ELE)Slow/u0.5:d0)
But this one does!

CH13  (+100%)MAX Switch(ELE)Slow/u0.5:d0.1)
tested on opentxfor sky9x-r2940
I assume on a 3POS mix the SLOW/DELAY settings work, so what's the difference?
Does anybody have a clear answer for this? The manuals wont say anything about this.

BTW: where do I find the official OpenTX for 9X Manuals? On open-tx.org there is only a french and a czech version available, where are the english & german versions gone?

regards
manu

EDIT:
I know, this is the wrong category, but in Taranis it behaves the same.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

manu wrote:I assume on a 3POS mix the SLOW/DELAY settings work, so what's the difference?
Slow up/down slows the variation of the source. 3POS, ELE and other switches are sources that vary from -100% to +100% with the switch, so it works.
MAX is a source that is a constant 100%, so it never varies, and thus a slow has no effect.
manu wrote: BTW: where do I find the official OpenTX for 9X Manuals? On open-tx.org there is only a french and a czech version available, where are the english & german versions gone?
There never really was a full OpenTX manual in English or German before the Taranis version.
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy,

for working slow up and slow down correct, the mixer source itself has to be changed!
not only a switch to aktivate the mixer

What do you need?
The german Taranis manual you can use 95% for a TH9x or a 9XR too, look here, div Version of opentx/companion9x
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=3563&p=74969&hilit ... ual#p74969

Or do you need the german manual only for th9x 9XR?

Helle
manu

Post by manu »

The reason why I insist on this is make it easier for people not get used to this system.
Recently I read in the manual of a model: "When setting the brake (on a glider), add 20% to the elevator." I tried the most intuitive way IMHO and added this to the elevator mix:

(+20%)MAX Switch(ELE)Slow/u0.5:d0)
it worked, except the slow setting.
After playing around I ended with this

(+20%)MAX Switch(ELE)Slow/u0.5:d0.5)
and this surprisingly works, even the slow setting. According to your comments, this shouldn't work.
Therefore my question is: Why is the constant value 100% from MAX a different value than any other source value?
I'm confused.
I know I could solve it like this:

(+20%)ELE Offset 100 Slow/u0.5:d0)
but this is way harder to read. And anyway, whats the exact output here: 0% on !ELE and 40% on ELE ((weight + offset) * 20%)? Applied to a physical channel this might work according to the channel limits. But inside a more complex mix I would expect some odd surprises.
regards
manu

PS: As this topic is under the Taranis radio, my switch name(s) ELE might be confusing because it's from Sky9x radio. You could take a another switch like "SA-".
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The "standard way" in this case is to use a flight mode, set the slow on the flight mode, and have your 20% MAX active only in that mode (no slow on the mix).
Not sure about the slow with 100%. Would be good to try if it's still like this in the nightly builds.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”