ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
jhsa

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by jhsa »

Mike, latest test version. Bootloader 1.8.
Bootloader screen now is Red. Before it was light blue. Blue or white is better?
Also when in maintenance mode color is dark blue and the contrast doesn't seem right as well, making it difficult to see the text..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Oh ok. It's that i noticed that in the menu that we press long up, a while ago I reported that page 2 didn't showed the page number correctly. Now that happens in page 9. I thought the fix had to do with that issue and thats why i asked. Thx anyway.

Edit: Also one of my 9x's has a different bootloader color, i wonder how normal that is? The only difference between them is that the one with a different collor has the 128A chip. The maintenance mode has the same blue color for all.
20151211_110535.jpg
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, Bluetooth Baudrate setting is missing form Radio Setup/general on the 9XT

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
willhac

Post by willhac »

MikeB wrote:Some users reported the "Bootloader" text didn't appear for many seconds after power on in bootloader mode. The fix is supposed to get the text displayed within a second or so.

Mike.
Just to confirm it is fixed for me : within a second and accurate
Thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll check maintenance mode contrast, I thought that should be the same setting as the normal radio setting.
João: I fixed the backlight setting, I think you were NOT getting my programmed values on your backlight before.
OctavioS: I'd guess the backlights vary a bit from one unit to another.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

OctavioS

Re: RE: Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by OctavioS »

MikeB wrote:I'll check maintenance mode contrast, I thought that should be the same setting as the normal radio setting.
João: I fixed the backlight setting, I think you were NOT getting my programmed values on your backlight before.
OctavioS: I'd guess the backlights vary a bit from one unit to another.

Mike.
That must be it, there's no other bug "simptom". Thx

Enviado do meu Galaxy S6 edge através de Tapatalk.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

MikeB wrote:You'll need an ARM compiler.
I'm using YAGARTO from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/yagarto ... /20111119/.
I still use make, etc. from the AVR compiler install.

Mike.
Succeeded to compile the code with "make PCB=X9D" and with "make PCB=9XT" (don't know if it is functional as I don't have a board to test).

Needed to create empty directories "sky9XTobj" and "X9Dobj" respectively in the "src" directory.

And it looks like two files are missing, called from "isp.cpp":
..\er9x\src\slave64.lbm and
..\er9x\src\slave2561.lbm

(or would I have to use some other compile parmeters?)

Reinhard
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

They are in the "next" branch on Github.
They are built using the AVR compiler, and a python script.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Thanks Mike.
I found them, downloaded them and it (compile) seem to work

Reinhard
frediix

Post by frediix »

I have voice problem with
ersky9xProvR218h 09-Dec-2015
and ersky9xProvR218g 21-Oct-2015

Radio (Turnigy 9xR Pro) says only decimal part of the voltage.
For A2=11.5V it will say "point five volts".

Older ErSky (May 2015) is working OK.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You may need to move/add voice files on the SD card. I thought I had things backward compatible, but I have changed things to used named files rather than numbered files, although I thought it did "fall back" on the numbered files if the named ones are not present in the "voice/system" directory.
See what files you have in there, and as a quick try, copy any numbered files from the voice directory that are not already in the voice/system directory.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've made a start on improving the Telemetry menu. It will work like the Globals where you get a popup and choose from several sub-options. I had to get the popup mechanism working on more than on menu index to be able to add this.
Initially, you will get to choose between a Telemetry menu and a Custom screens menu. As time goes on, I'll try to move other parts of the telemetry menu to their own sub-menus.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thank you.. If you are doing what I think you're doing, then when you have finished the complete implementation, I believe the telemetry menu will be very well organized and really easy to work with. ;) :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, what do you think about placing the templates here? They would be always accessible with only one click.. No need to scroll to the end of the menu or go back to the index menu.. We only use them when working with the mixer anyway ;)

Thanks

João
Attachments
Mixer Edit Templates.jpg

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Maybe, but they are already easy to get to. In the mixer menu, just press UP and there they are. You don't need to scroll down to them, just know where they are.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, but they are hidden.. While as in the picture, you see them every time you edit a mix ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I for myself have realized a different solution.

I do need templates only one time when I create a new model. And if you program easy models, in the mixer menu you may never step down far enough to see the Templates line.
And I, personally, up to now, did never need the Protocol submenu, as I only use the FLYSKY tx module and its receivers.

So for me, Templates must not be directly accessible, when I enter the mixes.

And I believe, the model setup menu is a far better place for the templates, a place where you expect to find them.

Therefore, in the model setup menu I moved the Protocol submenu into the General submenu as page 4, freeing one line in the model setup menu. I then removed the Templates from the Mixer menu and put it as the last submenu line into the model setup menu

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The problem is that we don't use pages anymore ;), well at least not as before :)
And if I remember, when this indexes menus were created, Mike stressed that Protocol and General should be easily accessible.

Anyway, I have just realized that one slot would be available in the Model Index menu if the Bluetooth menu is moved to the Radio Setup menu where it really belongs, right? ;) So the templates could also be moved to the model setup..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

I just loaded ersky9xProvR218h version and put some test on new pots/buttons. I put a servo on ch8 and using P4 which is connected to ADC8 on AR9X board. Found something really can't explain. The P4 is connected to my Joystick Throttle handle that has a rocker pot. But it does not respond to the Rocker (it is a functioning pot), then I found out by fooling around, the servo is actually controlled and in sync with throttle movement. So I download the eeprom for some one to look at. Now found another issue, the eepskye (r419 Oct 25 2015) downloaded everything except the source of ch8 where the pot is connected.
attached is the original copy of eeprom, I did not add 'P4' back in the source of the ch8 mix. so you may need to put that in to test. But I recorded the the setup page and how interesting the servo moves with throttle. The throttle cut will stop the throttle out put but won't stop the servo movement, servo move regardless of throttle cut, although it is not assigned to throttle. It also responds to my reset center button command.
pb1,pb2 were tested before no issue, have not tested pb3 yet.

Here is the vid:https: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qatd9pzdksQ
Attachments
v959 Joy.txt
rename .txt to .bin
Move down the page. It is model 30 something
(512 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

eepskye usually lags behind ersky9x, so no, it probably doesn't handle the extra push buttons or pots (yet).
I'll have a look later today.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the radio, does P4 calibrate correctly showing the 4th bar in the centre moving OK with the pot changing, and not the throttle?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

ha, actually 'now' the 4th bar is showing moving with throttle and there is no bar for P4.
Here is another thing, just before I recorded the video, when I was moving the cursor up and down in the 'mixer' menu to check the ch8 programming, for each line of mix the cursor pass through, the p4/servo will jump to the weight of each line (you can see I have different weight before ch8), cause I was checking if there is anything wrong in the programming. I tried that several times, believe me, I thought I was going nuts. :mrgreen: but somehow it stopped doing that after I picked up my camera.
I was thinking may be my 'rocker' wiring is wrong, but just a few days ago, I was using the rocker as my rudder to fly the v959. the rocker and the throttle pots wiper are 2 independant wires but they do share same V+ line, I don't think that is the issue.
Is ADC8 is using one of the LCD display input/port?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

What do you have Pot4 assigned to?
And where do you have it physically connected?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

read the eeprom, p4 is ch8 source (where is blank now because the eepskye does not record p4 yet, as Mike just explained. but you can see the video showing mixer menu and editing of ch8 it shows p4), it is connected to ch8, at the end of ch8 is a 180 degree pan servo of a HD FPV key chain camera with vtx/antenna attached to it. see the video.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

No, I meant what source do you have assigned to P4 in the hardware menu, and where did you physically connected the pot?

João

EDIT: I think you have AD8? If so try to change the source to AD10. I think something was swapped on the version of the fw you are using as far as I remember.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

As I posted in the 1st post, 1st line: ACD8 on AR9X board, rev B.
there is only one single wiper wire connected to ACD8 pin, the V3.3 and gnd were supplied else where, common to throttle pot and all the switches on the throttle handle.

edit: Isn't ACD10 is for p5 which is not implemented in AR9X/sky board yet, only implemented for 9xpro and 9extreme board?

edit2: just checked in hardware menu: P4 AD8. (I wonder where I get that 'C' in the head, printed on the AR9X board? :lol: )
edit3: yep it is printed on AR9X board but it is ADC8/10 like I 1st posted , not ACD8/10 :mrgreen:
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

ReSt wrote:I for myself have realized a different solution.

I do need templates only one time when I create a new model. And if you program easy models, in the mixer menu you may never step down far enough to see the Templates line.
And I, personally, up to now, did never need the Protocol submenu, as I only use the FLYSKY tx module and its receivers.

So for me, Templates must not be directly accessible, when I enter the mixes.

And I believe, the model setup menu is a far better place for the templates, a place where you expect to find them.

Therefore, in the model setup menu I moved the Protocol submenu into the General submenu as page 4, freeing one line in the model setup menu. I then removed the Templates from the Mixer menu and put it as the last submenu line into the model setup menu

Reinhard
The Protocol menu needs to be readily accessible for many people, so I like having it as a separate item. There's already a lot of stuff under General.

I find the current location of Templates very convenient, as it's just a quick "up" on the Mixer menu. And when I want to use it, it's always in association with the Mixer page. But we do need to tell people where to find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kaos

Post by kaos »

Ok, I just ran a test. Swapped the new pot(P4) to ADC10.
Here is the observation:
now the p4(ADc10) is influenced by p3(which has totally independent wiring from my throttle handle), you can see the calibration bar of p4 move with the rocker now. BUT P3 will take p4 together when making calibration depending on position of P3, it will affect the movement range of p4.
After calibration, the p4 has limited movement unless I set p3 at certain point.
So ADC10 is affected by p3 while ADC8 is affected by throttle pots. May be ADC8 also share some kind of common circuit with LCD screen causing the pot responded to the cursor movement when going into mixer screen previously.
Now I know I was not going crazy. :lol:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Jhsa: on your mod adding a 3 position switch and a taranis wiper, it was not affected by throttle or P3 on ADC8 or ADC10?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Which test version of the firmware are you running?
So I can test with the same version.

What you are reporting indicates the 'new' pot connection is either not connecting, or is a high impedance.
In the analog scanning order, due to the physical connections, the P3 pot is read, then AD(C)8, then the throttle, then AD(C)10.
What this means is if the analog input to AD8 is missing or weak, then AD8 follows P3. Similarly, if AD10 is missing or weak, it follows the throttle stick.
It is possible, I have the menu wrong and AD8 means AD10 and AD10 means AD8. I remember João suggesting I put them in order:
NONE, AD8, AD10, when I did have them as NONE, AD10, AD8. I did change this, but may have then missed changing something else to match.

Mike.

Edit: I knew there is a reason why I used NONE, AD10, AD8 order. On the SKY and PRO, we don't have an AD8 input spare, only AD10. So their options are only NONE and AD10. I think I have to use this order or the rest of the code that handles the extra pots needs a lot of extra tests for which board you are running on.

Second edit: Please note which physical connection you are using (ADC8 or ADC10), then look at the DIAGANA screen. When you move the pot, one of A8 or A9 values should follow it. Which one? (I know it is confusing there isn't an A10, these are logical numbers, the throttle input is physically on ADC9, but appears as A2 on the DIAGANA screen).
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”