P2 Pot shows no change on screen but measures ok

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
spagoziak

P2 Pot shows no change on screen but measures ok

Post by spagoziak »

Hi folks,

I've not used my P2 for months; when I went to add it to a new model I'm building out, I found that turning it triggers no changes in ER9x. The little bar that resembles the input range does not move, nor does the value change on the ANA calibration screen.

I opened the radio and tested the ends against the middle--the pot does vary resistance still, so I don't believe the pot itself is defective.

This leaves me stranded... what else can I do to address this? I was relying on this one to pan my FPV camera!

Thank you for your help!
Spag

rperkins

Re: P2 Pot shows no change on screen but measures ok

Post by rperkins »

My next step would be to get the schematic and measure the resistance at the input pin of the MCU while varying the pot. Maybe there is a loose wire ?

Another route would be to switch P2 with another working pot on your 9x. If your problem moves, it is the pot. If the problem stays on P2, then it is in the wiring(probably) or the MCU( lets hope not), or the firmware( unlikely)
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

With Tx powered on:
Verify that you can measure 5 volt between the two outer legs of the pot (from one outer leg to the other outer leg).
Then verify, that the middle pin voltage varies from about 0.5 to 4.5 volt against ground when turning the knob from end to end.

If that's the case, the pot is ok and correctly suppied with power.

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Also check if all the connectors are correctly seated.. You could have a bad connection on one of them..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Hardware”