HELP! HELP! Problem flashing transmitter

charliewilson

HELP! HELP! Problem flashing transmitter

Post by charliewilson »

I have flashed lots of tx's with er9x but all the sudden I am getting a message to update the usbasp. Any help would be great. Thanks

=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Program Files/eePe/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/Users/Wilson/AppData/Local/Temp/eebackup.hex:i
=================================================================================

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1

gohsthb

Re: HELP! HELP! Problem flashing transmitter

Post by gohsthb »

Were you not getting the sck message before? Are you using the same programmer? Typically the sck error doesn't affect programming the tx.
-Ghost

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
charliewilson

Post by charliewilson »

No I was not getting the sck before and am using the same programmer.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Is this happening with just one transmitter that you have?

It does seem that the problem is that the USBASP isn't communicating with the M64. Check that the connections are all okay.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes you were getting that warning before, but when there is no other error it's not displayed to you because it's not important and can be ignored :)

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

The last 2 posts are good advice
1. It does seem that the problem is that the USBASP isn't communicating with the M64.
2. Yes you were getting that warning before, but when there is no other error it's not displayed to you .
charliewilson wrote:I have flashed lots of tx's with er9x.....
but have you ever flashed this tx before ? How is it hooked up ?
The fact that you have used this programmer before makes the wiring even more suspect.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

What programmer is it please? HK, eBay brand? Does it still work with one of the other TXs you've programmed In the past?
Maybe post good pictures of it and your soldering to 9x board.
Same computer and USB ports used in the past?
My thinking here is either the programmer has failed, or you've introduced a new variable. I'm sure many have thought of that but I'll say it.
The group here is very good at sorting out what's going on if they get good facts and when posable, good pictures of the programmer and wiring.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
charliewilson

Post by charliewilson »

I got 2 more 9xr's to flash and it is still saying the same thing. I just updated a KK multicopter board with the usbasp and it is working fine but not on the 9xr's in eepe. I cant find the link to were I purchased the usbasp a while back. It was from ebay and came with a 10 pin to 6 pin adapter. I have downloaded eepe again and updated the usbasp from http://www.fischl.de/usbas but still nothing I don't know wait is going on. I thinking it is a faulty usbasp. I'm stumped on this one.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

A good rez picture of your USBasp programmer would help. Some have a resistor pack in series with the output programming pins. If the value is 200 ohms it may not work with the 9xr or 9x. If your 9xr has a cap on the reset line near the crystal that too can cause trouble in combination with the 200 ohm resistors.
First the programmer board pictures and then maybe open up your tx and look for the cap. The HK programmer works right off with or without the cap. No series resistors.
HK is also shipping their 9xr boards without the cap installed. The newer ones also have a m128 processor instead of the m64. I believe you need to tell eepe or c9x about that in the setting before programming. My 9xr came with the cap and a m64 early on and I have no series resistors in my USB asp programmer lines.
These are simple fixes if this condition exists if you can solder.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
charliewilson

Post by charliewilson »

Here is a picture
Attachments
DSC02782.JPG
charliewilson

Post by charliewilson »

and another one
Attachments
DSC02783.JPG
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

that is a betemcu.cn programmer with 100 ohm resistor pack, labeled as r8 ( it says 101 on it ). Showmaster is right there are some programmers just like yours that have 200 ohm resistor packs and they do not work with the 9x/9xr. you do not have that problem

if you bought that programmer off of ebay and it came with a 6to10 pin adapter that sounds like me but I havent sold any bundles to anyone named 'wilson' and the ones I sell do not generate the 'sck warning'

so to summarize
1. this programmer currently works to program a KK multicopter board
2. this programmer has worked using eepe to reprogram 9xr's in the past
3. you are trying to reprogram a 9xr , so the wiring was done at the factory.

if all this is true- then
1. does the KK multicopter board use avrdude to program or does it do it internally ?
2. are you an the same computer as when you had success. ( no reformatting of hard drive )
3. have you messed with the drivers for usbasp ( maybe they were installed correctly once but now are not )? Ok I see you have messed with the drivers, I would start there, especially if the KK multicopter board does not use avrdude.

good luck

Return to “PROGRAMMERS”