Linux Ubuntu Debian Package

How to use eePe
erazz
9x Developer

Re: Linux Ubuntu Debian Package

Post by erazz »

I would like to say that the solution is to download the latest version of these packages and install them but that might break other stuff in your system.

2 ways about this:
1) Download the entire precompiled library from Qt (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/linux-x11-cpp) and install.
2) Update your system to a newer version of Ubuntu.

Now, you may want to try downloading the packages individually. If you're running Ubuntu/Gnome you should be fine. If you're running Kubuntu then you'll probably break something. In any case, here are the links to the libraries:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/libqt4-core
http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/libqt4-network
http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/libqt4-gui
http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/libqt4-xml
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!

txwindrider

Post by txwindrider »

Thanks. That was it. I was on LTS. I just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and eePe is working fine now.

Now to go fix the apps that the upgrade broke...
flanders

Post by flanders »

hi,

i added

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu lucid main

to my sources then, sudo apt-get install lib4qt-dbus updated everything to 4.7 and it works fine now, thanks :)
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

Great guys!

Two different and equally successful approaches.

btw, since I've tried living with Unity and failed spectacularly, I've found that you can install cinnamon. Though it's not perfect it's really quite good. Much more usable than Unity IMHO.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
murankar

Post by murankar »

I know this thread is over a year old but here is an update. I recently switched to a Debian wheezy system and had some issues with the .deb installer. I had a conflict with the lic6-2.14 requirement because my base system had the 2.13 version. I had to add a ppa: deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian jessie main

once I added this I ran apt-get update, then libc6-2.17 was availible for install. I installed it and then eepe worked. This could break your system becuase of this being in testing and not in stable. I will do some checking and see If i can still flash the radio.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Thanks for this information. I run a version of linux in a VirtualBox in order to build the linux version of eepe, I have no real way of testing it and the install.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
murankar

Post by murankar »

I finally had some time to check out if eepe worked. Well it was a struggle to get it working with libusb. I was able to to perform all tasks under root, this was not good since it opens the system to potention attacks. So how do I fix this issue? I spent many hours reading posts from as early as 2009 which no longer hold relivance. I finally came across a post from this form and did as instructed. Logged out of root and lauched as normal user, viola nothing. Okay lets check to see if my user account has access to the group "adm", I fianlly addeded my account to the adm group, still not working. Did more searching which ended in still nothing working. Now I was able to read the tx while logged in as root, so I know the radio and USBasp were working so now what.

After adding gnome-tools to my install I had access to user / group management. I noticed my account was a stanard user account, not very many privliges. I went ad changed it to an anministrator account and now I can read my tx memory. I also set my fuses in eepe as a just in case. I then installed companion9X and that works also, but this does not really solve the issue of a standard account not being able to run avrdude. For now it works so i'll go with it since this lappy is a non-production system.
mhotar

Post by mhotar »

Hello,
try to create file
/etc/udev/rules.d/USBasp.rules

with this content:

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="05dc", GROUP="users", MODE="0666"
murankar

Post by murankar »

have it and tried it with group users. I also tried:

Code: Select all

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="05dc", GROUP="adm", MODE="0666"

Code: Select all

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTR{idProduct}=="05dc", GROUP="adm", MODE="0666"
when I got my error it said it could not find the id 0x16c0 or product id of 0x05dc, I did a lot of surfing the directories of /etc/..., /dev/...... /usr/bin/.......

I tried everything for this, I unpluged the USBasp before restarting udev and then repluged it in after udev was restarted, I treid logging out and in and I also tried a few reboots. Right now it works as long as I am administer.

As for the group of users I guess I could try that since I am the only one who is setup on this O.S. So I do not have to worry about other users being able to use the USBasp.
mhotar

Post by mhotar »

Name of the .rules file is also important. It works for me on Ubuntu.
murankar

Post by murankar »

I copied and pasted the file name. I am on a true Debian system, some things are different. Keep in mind Ubuntu uses the philosaphy of "It just works.", Debian not so much. In the end I got tired of Ubuntu and wanted a true Debian system ( always have). Anyhow I am rambling, basically it works for what I need at tihs time and I am good with that. My ocncern is if this was a production system, which this is not. I am just trying to find a solition to a problem that someone might have in the future.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

murankar wrote:
As for the group of users I guess I could try that since I am the only one who is setup on this O.S. So I do not have to worry about other users being able to use the USBasp.
The user group of the udev rule doesnt matter as far as permissions are concerned since the mode is 0666. with 666 anybody can read or write to the device. I would be sure that the group is a valid group on your machine. that may make the rule choke if the group isnt valid .

1. When you change the udev rule , udev needs to be restarted or you can reboot the computer
2 how to find out what the permisions are on your device. type 'lsusb'
locate the bus and device for your usbasp "IIR it will have something like 'voti shared device ' in the descriptions
type 'ls -l /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<device>' replacing bus and device with the values you had just located.

an example output that you are shooting for
crw-rw-rw- 1 owner group 189, 514 Aug 15 21:09 /dev/bus/usb/005/003
unfortunately yours will probably not have the 'other' permisions set properly and look like this
crw-rw-r-- 1 owner group 189, 514 Aug 15 21:09 /dev/bus/usb/005/003
or this
crw-r----- 1 owner group 189, 514 Aug 15 21:09 /dev/bus/usb/005/003

a 'quick and dirty' trick to temporarily fix the permissions ( will work until device is removed or computer rebooted)
'sudo chmod o+rw /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<device>' . replace bus and device with the values you located above

to learn about linux permisions and translating from symbolic and numeric notation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem ... ermissions

the program 'udevadm' will allow you to test your rules. read the syntax by typing 'man udevadm'
alternately you may be able to see what is going on by running 'tail -f /var/log/udev' then plugging in the device that you are troubleshooting

the above mentioned udev rule for usbasp does work and is necessary for non root users to be able to utilize the usbasp. There was talk about including the rule into the eepe/c9x packages but I dont know if that ever happened

Return to “eePe”