Vacation in France

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Peter

Vacation in France

Post by Peter »

A couple of nights sleep and I go on holiday!
I'm going to France and the Easystar 2 and 9x are going with me (my wife and children too).
I never flew in france, is there any regulation about for example how high you may fly?

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Vacation in France

Post by Rob Thomson »

I think it may well depend on the flying site.

Bertrand should now.. he is from France :-)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

Yes you must fly while eating frogs legs and snails and drinking lots of red wine, and say we we a lot also invest in a fake mustache ( if you don't already have one) that's OK In New Zealand atm you have to fly with giant hairy Hobbit like feet ....... Not fun
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

:mrgreen: Muuaaahhaahhaa. that was funny.. oh and you must also drive with a trailer right in the middle of Paris because your GPS sent you right there by mistake, not without just before being stopped by the special police thinking you might be some kind of terrorist because as I was moving to Germany my little 20 year old opel corsa and trailer were completely full with all my junk and I had a long beard and a dog with me.. That's something I will never forget ;) :D

Seriously now, I've read somewhere that there are some restrictions on 2,4GHz systems frequencies, but as Rob said, Bertrand must know about it..

Joäo
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
AlexCalibur
Location: France, @Clermont-Ferrand in the center or @Annecy, near Switzerland

Post by AlexCalibur »

About 2.4GHz and France :
according to regulation, the '2.4GHz band' is the same as other countries 2400Mhz to 2483,5MHz but with an absurd limitation
Normal power is limited to 100mw for 2400Mhz to 2454MHZ (as other countries)
power should by limited to 10mw for the frequency range 2454MHZ to 2483,5MHz
For french Rx/Tx ditributors, normally, there is a method (dip-switch, programming..) to limit the frequency to the 100mw band...

By the way, a lot of people use 'import' 2.4GHz radio system without limiting possibility, and I've never heard than somebody have been controlled by autorities, and this particular regulation should be removed during the next 2 years because our european neightbourg doesn't have this limitation.

Then, where do you goes during your stay ?
GNU/Linux user since 2005
Debian (testing) and ubuntu (12.04), some Linux Mint on netbook.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Never heard of such regulation. I fly frsky, don't know about the exact frequency.
But if they are not checking it actively, it will not be a problem.

I go to the morvan, Lac the settons. And if the weather is to bad, we will drive further south.
AlexCalibur
Location: France, @Clermont-Ferrand in the center or @Annecy, near Switzerland

Post by AlexCalibur »

Peter wrote:Never heard of such regulation.
Only french people can gret stupid rules :D
You can find an "official" information on entry #4 here => http://extranet.ffam.asso.fr/activite/c ... mmande.htm
Peter wrote: I fly frsky, don't know about the exact frequency.
But if they are not checking it actively, it will not be a problem.
Peter wrote:
I'm using also an FrSky from HK, as a lot of people in France.
This is a 'channel hopping' system, the power is 100mw and you can not manage the used frequency. Only some Tx/Rx have the switch to inhibit the low part of the band.
Peter wrote:
I go to the morvan, Lac the settons. And if the weather is to bad, we will drive further south.
I hope you will have a beautiful weather. By the way, in case of rain, you can also try to taste wine ;)

And, if you want to moves, you can also goes to another place.
I will be at "Le Semnoz", near Annecy, during july 13,14 and 15th , an very good spot for glider... maybe you could made a trip in this town (mountain, lac, beautiful town and glidering, but a little bit expensive..)

To find other place, you can take a look on : http://www.ooings.com/ and http://pierre.rondel.free.fr/sitesvdp.htm ...
GNU/Linux user since 2005
Debian (testing) and ubuntu (12.04), some Linux Mint on netbook.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for the tips, I will run them through google translate :-)
After the 3 weeks in France I will be able to read it in french I hope.

Wine tastes the best in France!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

AlexCalibur wrote: according to regulation, the '2.4GHz band' is the same as other countries 2400Mhz to 2483,5MHz but with an absurd limitation
Normal power is limited to 100mw for 2400Mhz to 2454MHZ (as other countries)
power should by limited to 10mw for the frequency range 2454MHZ to 2483,5MHz
For french Rx/Tx ditributors, normally, there is a method (dip-switch, programming..) to limit the frequency to the 100mw band...
This ended exactly 4 days ago!
From July 1st that stupid exception was removed (http://www.anfr.fr/fileadmin/mediathequ ... e_7_c_.pdf, page 5), so France mode is not needed on 2.4GHz radios anymore, resp. doesn't have to be selected anymore on radios that have it.

Apart from that AFAIK, max alt. outside of designated model air clubs would be 150m as this is the minimum alt full scale aircraft can fly at in non-populated areas.

Anyway, enjoy your vacation :mrgreen:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

yeah, have a nice holiday and loads of wine..
Sorry for bringing this subject up, but thinkin better, if I didn't, we wouldn't all know now that there are no more frequency restrictions in France..
Happy flights

João (The Fortuguese) ;)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks!
Good searching "Sherlock" Kilrah!
Malcurin

Post by Malcurin »

If you with to learn more about wine making in France, watch the Simpsons episode where Bart goes there as an exchange student and lands in a house that makes wine, that's how i learned :)
Wine Making in France :)
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Sorry I completely missed this post! France is always sunny except when england sends his black clouds to us ;)
No more restrictions on 2.4GHz that I am aware of. Enjoy your vacation!

Bertrand.
colemansimmons

Post by colemansimmons »

Are you thinking or planning to go for a vacation in Morocco? Morocco is always an ideal place for tourists and it has many attractive points for them. One thing special about Morocco is that you can have the best luxury time with the most cultural experience. Morocco is all about its heritage and culture. It goes side by side getting the ancient side and modern side together.

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”