OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 »

Random data, what do you mean? If you mean telemetry sources shifted, this is normal, I introduced a shift on May 10 (now you are able to play Tx time and use Tx time in your logical switches)

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:Random date, what do you mean? If you mean telemetry sources shifted, this is normal, I introduced a shift on May 10 (now you are able to play Tx time and use Tx time in your logical switches)

This may already be obvious - but to be sure it's understood......
By "Transmitter time" Bertrand means the real time kept by the transmitter clock - as opposed to flight time or a model timer. So for instance you could have a short delay after throttle up and then the Tx could say "liftoff at 4:06 PM" -- You can also have the real time display as a field in the telemetry screen.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Someone asked for a transmitter clock alarm (not for wakeup, but for telling you at the field it's time to return home). Any sound wav file that I could include in the sound packs for this?
dvogonen

Re: Sv: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by dvogonen »

Bertand, if you decide to update the soundpacks, please tell me so I can update the definitions in the sound generator and the sound sound recorder at the same time. There is no "master list" for voice files for the different languages, so I had to do a lot of detective work to find which names work with each language. I downloaded all language packs, looked through them, read all the code for the TTS generation (not available for all languages ) and all the code for the sound handling in OpenTX. Then I compiled the best possible sound file lists for the generators. I would like to keep the definitions as up to date as possible.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Ok! Recently I added to the french sound pack "minuit" and "midi" for playing transmitter time. This one would be something like clock.wav

dvogonen

Re: Sv: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by dvogonen »

Thinking about it, I would actually prefer if there was an official voice file list for each language available in the wiki or even on the home page, since this is information that a lot of people need when they change and append the original sound file packages. One of those online word docs would be great to use for this purpose.
Voice file formats and file naming rules for voice files could also be mentioned in this document, since these things are often asked about.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Right, let's think about it, it's a good suggestion.
liukku

Post by liukku »

Hi all developers.
Why is there no system clock that displays the Taranis total running time?
And why not trims to be of the:
* "Centre trim" (the centre trim principle) is applied to the main control functions
"Aileron", "Elevator", and "Rudder". The trim only affects the control centre, but not
the end-points. Unlike standard trim, this offers the advantage that no control travel must be reserved for trimming: the servo travel is used fully.
Both servo end-points remain unchanged, regardless of the current trim position.

*From the manual of the Multiplex Profi TX

/Ville :)
"I know what I know and I do what I can"
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

This could be an option in a next release! Please fill an enhancement issue on the project :)
rosnik

Post by rosnik »

Nice,
would be to have one model setting converter program to pass from hold Fw to new Fw 2.0.
This to not lose all the work many modeler get shearing eep files .
johnny30

Post by johnny30 »

Possible to make a countdown cnsp version in telemetry screen ?

hello

would it be possible to implant a countdown function similar to the "cnsp" in one of the telemetry screens. but like cnlf (current mha left) variable you can chose to be showed that makes current spend countdown from a fixed entered value (chosen battery size).

I know its almost the same as the bars where you can chose the min/max current, but its still counts current spend and not counting down from an entered value (battery size)... anyway it would be nice to have the option for a "play value - current left in mha countdown" in custom functions

cheers
markran

Post by markran »

bertrand35 wrote:Someone asked for a transmitter clock alarm (not for wakeup, but for telling you at the field it's time to return home). Any sound wav file that I could include in the sound packs for this?
Well, this one comes to mind immediately, however it's probably slightly copyrighted. :)

http://www.sherylfranklin.com/sounds/tr ... tella2.wav
eBoon

Post by eBoon »

Getting this error when I try to play a sound.

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I'm wondering if the alarm function can be set up in the transmitter setup (or is it and I missed it) so that the alarm will sound regardless of what model is chosen. I'm guessing if not already included (and I missed it) this will have to wait for 2.1 or later.

BTW: I tested the Time for display -- and for switching to read the time, and for using as a custom switch to trigger an event. For all of these I believe it was specific to the model I chose. Kudos to Bertrand for implementing the time function so quickly.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Scott I changed again my mind about this alarm function, I think it's better to implement this:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/502

If I have enough time I will implement it in release 2.0
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:Scott I changed again my mind about this alarm function, I think it's better to implement this:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/502

If I have enough time I will implement it in release 2.0
Wow, this would be huge - awesome - incredible - and any other superlative positive comment.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

rosnik wrote:Nice,
would be to have one model setting converter program to pass from hold Fw to new Fw 2.0.
This to not lose all the work many modeler get shearing eep files .
Both the radio and companion upgrade settings automatically as much as possible. There are a few things that can't be converted, see the upgrade manual in the first post.
HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

The bug: Not play wav files in Setup/Card menu.
http://rc.emiter.hu/ (MegaSound 9X, GCL-2, FrSky-RSSI-DAC, etc.) Keress fel!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

HC1969 wrote:The bug: Not play wav files in Setup/Card menu.
This one is fixed since a couple of days!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:
HC1969 wrote:The bug: Not play wav files in Setup/Card menu.
This one is fixed since a couple of days!

I can confirm that with firmware 1.99 Date 2014-05-14 the Play does not work in the SD-HC-Card screen. Options given for files are play and delete and neither short or long press will cause the sound to play - regardless if the sound is in the EN folder or deeper folders such as system or model folders.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

I will have a look to this again.
offers

Post by offers »

Bertrand,
The addition of global custom functions, will be a killer feature!
Thanks a lot for the great work.

Offer
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Global custom functions shouldn't be a problem, but I missed something in Scott request: he needs global boolean switches (for testing the time), and I implement it now, it means a new shift in the EEPROM that I would like to avoid. I am afraid I will delay this feature after 2.0 is out.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

My fix in SD Manager had been removed in a branch merge. It should be ok now (in the nightly builds available tomorrow)
ssatoru

Post by ssatoru »

I am reporting possible issue here. I do not see this in open issues. Sorry if it is already taken care of. On 2014-05-15_01-48-04 build on Windows 7 PC.

Taranis simulator in Companion 1.99 does not delete Special Function line.

In Taranis simulator on Companion 1.99,
Open a model
Go to Special function page with multiple lines.
Move cursor to SF3 line for example,
Long press ENT and choose Delete from pop up.
SF3 line is deleted and previous SF4 line and below moves up to SF3. (just like real Taranis.)

Back to Companion, open 'Editing model' Go to Special Function tab, previous SF3 is still there.

While trying this several times, once I got EEPE memory full or similar popup in Taranis simulated LCD, I cannot reproduce this message though.

If I do the same on real Taranis and read the model with Companion, SF3 line is deleted and previous SF4 line and below are shifted up.

Might be related, Companion ‘Editing model’ Special Function tab behaves differently if I delete one line, the like is blanked but below lines are not shifted up.

Thanks.

Satoru
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Changes you do in the simulator are NOT carried back to the edit window, i.e. they're lost when you close the window.
iloveopenrc

Post by iloveopenrc »

johnny30 wrote:Possible to make a countdown cnsp version in telemetry screen ?

hello

would it be possible to implant a countdown function similar to the "cnsp" in one of the telemetry screens. but like cnlf (current mha left) variable you can chose to be showed that makes current spend countdown from a fixed entered value (chosen battery size).

I know its almost the same as the bars where you can chose the min/max current, but its still counts current spend and not counting down from an entered value (battery size)... anyway it would be nice to have the option for a "play value - current left in mha countdown" in custom functions

cheers
i am missing that feature too.
but more importantly, please rise the limit of Cnsp from 5100 to 20000mah.

thanks for the great software!
ssatoru

Post by ssatoru »

>Changes you do in the simulator are NOT carried back to the edit window, i.e. they're lost when you close the window.
I see. I misunderstood. Thanks.

Satoru
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:Global custom functions shouldn't be a problem, but I missed something in Scott request: he needs global boolean switches (for testing the time), and I implement it now, it means a new shift in the EEPROM that I would like to avoid. I am afraid I will delay this feature after 2.0 is out.
That's ok. I'll still be President of your fan club. :D
ssatoru

Post by ssatoru »

Question on 2.0 . How I can do the same as 'ONE' in Special Function to trigger once when model is loaded or radio is powered on? I have used it to initialize GVAR which was used as a counter.

Thanks.

Satoru

Return to “openTx”