New Flysky FS-i10 transmitter

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
miss5031

New Flysky FS-i10 transmitter

Post by miss5031 »

Flysky's new i10 transmitter is out , I just purchased one on Amazon.com and was wondering if er9x would work on it or if you guys have been contemplating a new FW for this Tx. I have a Flysky w/er9x and a 9XR. Love them both and would love to see some ideas or FW upgrades for this new Tx.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: New Flysky FS-i10 transmitter

Post by MikeB »

Any hardware information on it available? The FIRST thing is to know what processor it has.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Nobody has one at this point, the only thing known is that it's got a 240x400 color touchscreen in portrait orientation. Definitely not a direct port, major work needed in any case...
That thing still seems to have awful ergonomics.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Look at the one with the horizontal screen at the top.. Not that bad. But don't like the antenna and a couple other details.. Love the pots at the bottom though ;)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1884444

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes that one is cool. But it seems they haven't even made their choice yet as there's another one with a portrait screen and with the same name...

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yep.. And here.. look at the last picture.. are they trying to say that is waterproof?? :mrgreen:

http://www.flysky-cn.com/eShowNews.asp?id=97

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

I don't know if it is waterproof, I will be receiving mine tomorrow. Hopefully. I will try and give a brief description of it and maybe you guys can figure out if it can be flashed with some version of er9x or maybe come up with something totally new. Either way, I would love it. I love my Flysky , w/ER9X and my 9XR w/ER9x. You guys have done an awesome job. I have a Devo 8S with the Deviation FW on it. Similar to er9x, wish they had a trim reset like in er9x. Phacturedblue may be trying to come up with something I don't know. That feature is a godsend, it has saved so many of my planes,you have no idea. Thank you for all your had work and dedication.
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

MikeB wrote:Any hardware information on it available? The FIRST thing is to know what processor it has.

Mike.
The last entry by SkyNorth says that the new i10 will bind with the original Rx's. So the Operating system is the same I would assume and if so, does that mean it may be possible to use ER9X on it if there is a way to connect it to a computer, like perhaps the smartieparts board or something. If there is a way, I know you guys will find a way. I have faith.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Actually the only mentions on that thread say that it is NOT known whether that i10 is compatible with old receivers or not.

Anyway, the RF protocol and RX compatibility basically has nothing to do with the radio firmware. On the 9X that was all handled by the RF module, the 9X and software only provided it with a 40-year old standard PPM signal.

The hardware and software platform of the i10 is without any doubt completely different from the 9X.
Wimh

Post by Wimh »

they seem compatible to me from what I read here... :
yorkiepap wrote:Hey guys:
Update: GOOD NEWS!!!!!! Setup the 1st series AFHDS Rx on the test board... No problems as the Tx has the various AFHDS Rx formats to bind programmed in. Attached is a pic. Now, at least, you can pick up the less expensive Rx's if you choose, although you will not have any telemetry features. More to come....

Denny
Wim
Belgium
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

I received my i10 last night. My first impression is it is a very good Tx, bound with the rx it came with and a 6 channel flysky 9x rx. So it is backwards compatible with the other rx's.
The only thing I don't care for is the cheap stylus that it comes with. It's like a thin piece of plastic, nothing like the one that came with my Devo 8s. Also, the throttle is easier than I would like, but I will look inside to see if that is adjustable. Came packaged very nice inside a box packed with foam cut to fit around the Tx, No worries of shipping damage. It's FW is updatable via computer along with the rx's, although I don't know where. I haven't read thru the manual enough for that. Very nice manual, I printed it out last night via the dvd that you get. Almost 60 pages and not in Chinglish, very understandable. As if it were written by Americans. The menus are easily navigated. Haven't used it yet, but I will see how well the lcd screen works outside in the sun. My Devo 8s isn't well visible outside, I suspect this one to be the same. Not like the 9x's w/backlight. Radio is very thin, about 2/3rds of a 9x. Otherwise the same size. Feels very good in my hands. All switches are pretty easy to reach, although I have big hands. The pots don't feel real good, may just be me. I would like them to be abit stiffer to turn. Probably just use to the 9x and 9xr. It has nice sliders on top on both sides, easily reachable with index fingers while in use. It has trims switches like the 9XR, I like the ones on the 9x. As of right now, it is a very good Tx and well worth the money and investment.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

If you open the tx, could you please take some good resolution pictures from the boards, and post them here? specially the processor area ;)
Maybe the developers could have a good look and maybe they get motivated :mrgreen:

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

At audio?
Can you purchase spare receivers?
Glen

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

jhsa wrote:If you open the tx, could you please take some good resolution pictures from the boards, and post them here? specially the processor area ;)
Maybe the developers could have a good look and maybe they get motivated :mrgreen:

João
I sure will
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

ShowMaster wrote:At audio?
Can you purchase spare receivers?
Glen

Yes u can, I have found them on ebay & Amazon.com. Rather exspensive thou. The rx's for the i4 Tx should work also. But if u are not worried about telemetry or anything, just use the 9x rx's from flysky/turnigy.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks. I meant any audio for the telemetry? iPod hiccups when it's charging and I'm typing.
I actually had the tx on order from Amazon but they couldn't tell me how to get the USA warranty advertised. Amazon said they had no info, receivers, or contact numbers but would cancel my order. Seeing others had taken delivery, I decided to not R&D this system. I usually buy and not worry but decided to read the reviews from owners this go around.
Strange the FkySky site makes no reference about it, receivers, FW or manual downloads.
I'm very interested in you're review of its actual working features and telemetry display. Any voice alarms or call out of values? The manual would cover this but I just couldn't find one to review.
Thanks for any reviews you can post.
It looks like the Taranis and the HK Pro are still the top $200 or less contenders as far as support and low priced receivers.
SM

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

CAM00061.jpg
CAM00065.jpg
Here are some pics of the inside of the new i10. Hope you guys
can see what you are looking for. I am not to tech savy, if you want more
let me know. I do see there are two antennas, not sure why. Also, I don't
see any numbers or letters on the chip/processor in the middle. Silver,
rectangle thing in the center. Lol.... Hope this is helpful.[attachment=0]CAM00065.jpg
Attachments
CAM00068.jpg
CAM00058.jpg
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

I see that the top two pics are rotated ccw and the bottom two are upside down. Don't know how that happened, hopefully you can flip them or something.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The silver box is the RF module. All the "interesting" stuff seems to be on the other side of that big board and under that cover :)
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

ok, I will take that board out to take some pics.
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

Here are a couple of new pics. I hope they will serve you better.
Attachments
CAM00069.jpg
CAM00070.jpg
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hummm, rebranded chip? :o

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Indeed looks like they either rebranded something or got it custom made. It's apparently the same platform as their car radio, although the i10 has an extra Freescale chip on there (can't check what it is, their website is down today). Likely a 2nd microcontroller that handles the extra control elements.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

So, difficult if not impossible to hack, right?

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

shame.. :( It could have had the same success as the 9x.. Maybe they really think that the 9x sold like it did because of their good job :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The Winbond chip is RAM, I'd guess the Flysky branded chip is a display controller and the chip by itself is a processor, but I'm not quite sure what. It looks like it might have a 'M' like Microchip's logo, but the number is not one I can recognise, although it is a little blurred.

Can you read the lettering and post it please.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “er9x”