ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Romolo
9x Developer

Re: ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

Post by Romolo »

Mike is right, read eeprom to file and write file to eeprom are transparently handled by c9x.
It's different when you read eeprom for editing.
There can be bugs in c9x about stuff not configured correctly, please let me know. I will try to solve as i already solved model settings and gvars.
Even if I do not use it, ersky9x for me is not "a son of a lesser god", only I do not know it enough.

kaos

Post by kaos »

yes, that is what I have been doing. Certainly would be better to 'see' everyrthing is backed up correctly. ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

Wow! this is alarming. I had two incidence of Tx reboot on its own last night and today when I was setting up my quad. This never happened before. The only difference is now I am using 2650 2S lipo as Tx batt.
Is it possible for the board to become unstable using 2S batt when it gets to just above 7 volt?
I have tried to check the batt soldering (made from 3 3S lipo to 3 2S lipo), but nothing seems to be loose or short. I also try to shake the tx as hard as I can without throwing it to the floor :mrgreen: , and nothing happened.
the batt is around 7.4 and 7.5 volt.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

What FW Kaos?
I use a 2 cell lipo on a rev b board with 7805 and a 3 cell life on rev c with switcher 5 v reg.
So far never any reboots.
Both have haptic motors and revC has updated LCD and BL combo.
I only use ersky9x FW so far if any if this helps?
Also coprocessor update for RTC and coin 2032 bu bat.
What mods or options have you added and was the BL on or alarms when it rebooted?
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Please add a location to your profile. Thank You
preston91

Post by preston91 »

kaos wrote:Wow! this is alarming. I had two incidence of Tx reboot on its own last night and today when I was setting up my quad. This never happened before. The only difference is now I am using 2650 2S lipo as Tx batt.
Is it possible for the board to become unstable using 2S batt when it gets to just above 7 volt?
I have tried to check the batt soldering (made from 3 3S lipo to 3 2S lipo), but nothing seems to be loose or short. I also try to shake the tx as hard as I can without throwing it to the floor :mrgreen: , and nothing happened.
My rev B recently became intermittent. I direct soldered a new battery connector to the pc pads, eliminating the pc connector. solved the problem....

kaos

Post by kaos »

ShowMaster wrote:What FW Kaos?
What mods or options have you added and was the BL on or alarms when it rebooted?
FW ERsky9X r130. coproc 104

have every thing can be connected connected. BT, wheel encoder, pan cake haptic buzzer, hk back light.
there was no alarm when reboot.

Preston91:I will check the connector to the board again to see.

As I said, this never happened before. the Tx was sitting on my desk, not even touched when rebooting occurred. I can't remember the BL was on or off, most likely on since i was setting up the quad.

Another intersting thing I noticed is this is the 1st time I use the 2S 2650mah batt. I was using the 3S 1500 mah LiFe. I expect I would get much longer run time. But no, it is shorter. the current draw is still around 160-170 mamp but voltage drop from 8.4 to 7.5 fairly quick (compare to the LiFe) and the total amp draw before I recharge it today (with 7.2-7.4 volt left) is around 900. what happen to the 2650 mah?

I will give it another try, just recharged it and only 900 was charged into it. after charge is 8.4 volt , hmmmm

PS: I did notice the clock is 2 min slower after starting the backup battery about 2 months ago(or whenever the backup battery option was started here). calibrated with my atomic clock. ;)
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

battery capacity is rated over the entire voltage span which for your 2S is 8.4 to 6.
-Gohst
kaos

Post by kaos »

6 ? I thought < 3.2 would cause permanent damage to lipo.
so, may be I should set the alarm at 6.6 volt and see if it makes a difference.
I used to set the alarm at 8.6 for the 3S LiFe. hmm, may be it was set a little too high for the 2S. (voltage percentage wise).
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

The nominal voltage for a 2s is 7.4. Or 3.7 volts per cell. lipo batteries may range from 4.2 to 3 volts per cell. Don't go outside that range. Set your battery alarm to 7.2, as somewhere around this point the battery voltage will start to drop rapidly.
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
kaos

Post by kaos »

When I fly I always set the ESC cut at around 3.6 - 3.7 v /cell as you suggested. Never test at what voltage a lipo will hit the 'cliff'. May be I will try 'one time' to let the tx to run down to 3.2 v/cell and see (not while flying for sure ;) )
I am still wondering why 2650 mah 'seems' to have shorter run time than the 1500 mah LiFe was in there. We will see after this run. I set it at 7.0 this time.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I'm adding the picture from a SANYO information that contained the discharge curve of Li-Ion accu. In the article, where this picture is from they did not differentiate between Li-Ion and LiPo accus so I assume that the curve are valid also for Lipo accus.

What are the, to my opinion, important infos?
1. They show a discharge curve down to 2.7 volt
2. Below a voltage of - lets say- 3.3 volt, there is really little residual capacity left.

When SANYO shows a discharge curve down to 2.7 volt, this should not be a level where the cell is being destroyed. And it does not make much sense, to go nearly that deep for some percent of more capacity.

Reinhard
LIION.JPG
kaos

Post by kaos »

I think around that 3.3 volt 'cliff' is the turning point where the batt will be damaged. But it is interesting to know the cliff is around 3.3 v. ;)
I have done a test (by accident) on LiFe, when that voltage runs down to 2.8 - 2.9 it drops FAST and quickly damaged (supposedly LiFe damaging v is at 2.8 v). Can't charge it up to full capacity any more. ;)
so looks like the common notion (from I read from the web) that below 3.2 volt the lipo will be damaged is right.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The rules for LiPo used for electric power are simple and well established and I think should be applied to transmitter batteries.

1. Never use more than 80% capacity. For your 2650, this means about about 2100 (which probably means about 10 hours of operation).

2. The 20% capacity level (below which you should not go) corresponds to about 3.7v per cell. This is resting voltage but I wouldn't expect 200 mA or so drain to depress the voltage much. By the time you get to say 3.5v there's less than 10% left and the cliff is getting near.

The LVC for electric power is, of course set much lower (3.0 or 3.1v typically) but this is under load and the battery should quickly bounce back a good deal once the load is off. What I emphasize to my flight school students is that you should never see LVC if you check the voltage before and after flight and use a timer. Every time you hit LVC, the battery permanently loses some capacity and ability to deliver current. For transmitter use I would say there's no excuse for ever getting near the alarm level (which I would set at about 3.5 /cell.

If your battery is in good shape I would expect it to deliver 2000 mAh before hitting 3.7 resting voltage (7.4 for the two cells).

Do not test LiPos by testing at lower voltages than 3.5/cell. It damages them and is totally unnecessary as all the data are out there.
preston91

Post by preston91 »

preston91 wrote:
kaos wrote:Wow! this is alarming. I had two incidence of Tx reboot on its own last night and today when I was setting up my quad. This never happened before. The only difference is now I am using 2650 2S lipo as Tx batt.
My rev B recently became intermittent. I direct soldered a new battery connector to the pc pads, eliminating the pc connector. solved the problem....
check the power switch. I had another 9x that was intermittent. had to push the power switch alll the way up to turn on and stay on. sprayed it with WD 40 and worked the switch back and forth to fix it.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Daedalus66 wrote:The rules for LiPo used for electric power are simple and well established and I think should be applied to transmitter batteries.

1. Never use more than 80% capacity. For your 2650, this means about about 2100 (which probably means about 10 hours of operation).

2. The 20% capacity level (below which you should not go) corresponds to about 3.7v per cell. This is resting voltage but I wouldn't expect 200 mA or so drain to depress the voltage much. By the time you get to say 3.5v there's less than 10% left and the cliff is getting near.

The LVC for electric power is, of course set much lower (3.0 or 3.1v typically) but this is under load and the battery should quickly bounce back a good deal once the load is off. What I emphasize to my flight school students is that you should never see LVC if you check the voltage before and after flight and use a timer. Every time you hit LVC, the battery permanently loses some capacity and ability to deliver current. For transmitter use I would say there's no excuse for ever getting near the alarm level (which I would set at about 3.5 /cell.

If your battery is in good shape I would expect it to deliver 2000 mAh before hitting 3.7 resting voltage (7.4 for the two cells).

Do not test LiPos by testing at lower voltages than 3.5/cell. It damages them and is totally unnecessary as all the data are out there.
I agree with what you said but the LVC may depend on where you set it too (low , med, high). I set my ESC at medium when I fly to LVC and land and check the lipo, it gives me consistent 3.6-3.7v. (of course I have tested it with my ESC already, different ESC varies too) So I do fly to LVC on a regular basis. ;) I also fly with timer, on my 450 heli, I set at 6 min in the field (5 min for hovering practice), when the timer sounds, I know I won't do any flips any more. ;) and just casual cruising near by either to land it or when LVC kick in just land where it is.

I also like to see I will get 2000 from the 2650 as you said. But the 1st run, the Tx recorded 900 and I set the alarm at 7.9v. This is where bugs me. It should be more than that. right? these lipos are brand new, this is the 1st time I used them.

Preston91:
I will keep that WD40 in mind. Another use of WD40. :lol:
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I believe your battery is fully in spec.

900mah out of 2650 mah is 34%

With an alarm of 7.9volt the cell voltage is 3.95 volt

Look into the diagram

At 3.95 volt and a load of 200ma (<C/10) you are at around 0.4 of a total of 2.1 (end capacity), that is about 20%

With that high alarmlevel, you cant expect more (in my opinion)

Reinhard
kaos

Post by kaos »

ReSt:
Just an affirmation of what you said. used up another 2S 2650 mah batt. Tx recorded 18xx mah when warning set at 7.0V. The Tx amp usage is around 180 so that gives me 10 hr of Tx on time. ;)
Charliechan

Post by Charliechan »

I read that "sold out" condition for the board. Does anyone know of any source for the board or am I a dollar short and hour late? Thanks
kaos

Post by kaos »

no other source for the board i know of. HOWever, I think a V.4 , a little dwarfed version may be in the cooking. ;)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Brent told me that he will run another batch IF, someone else wants to do the individual selling. It has taken up too much of his time, particularly with dealing with returns/repairs, and has had a negative impact on his 'real' business. Unfortunately we all have to pay the bills!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kaos

Post by kaos »

hmm, I think pair up S_mack and Brent may be an excellent solution. Win Win. S_mach will have a full line of product for T9X for people to choose from and Brent can keep the Sky9X going. Possible?
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

LOL!
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

kaos wrote:hmm, I think pair up S_mack and Brent may be an excellent solution. Win Win. S_mach will have a full line of product for T9X for people to choose from and Brent can keep the Sky9X going. Possible?
I'd say this was a "marriage" of convenience..... OUR convenience!
Mutchy
kaos

Post by kaos »

the we can have a party and everyone can have a beer. :lol:
jbbak

Post by jbbak »

Hey guys, im getting a lot of interference on the rev b boards speaker from my nearby rangelink 433 tx module. Sounds like i have aliens in the room, can anyone suggest a way to get rid of it without moving either one?

Maybe a filter or special wire of some sort?
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Foil round the case? (you can get foil insulation tape that is sticky)

Maybe apply it to the inside of the case?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Hey everyone,

I had to reinstall my operating system and so reinstall everything concerning the radio.

Using eePskye I can read and write the eeprom but I get an error when I try and read the flash mem...well it's not an error...it just does something and then the box disappears. However I can use C9x and read what it's doing.

Here is what I get:

=================================================================================
Started SAM-BA
D:/Program Files/ATMEL Corporation/sam-ba_2.11/sam-ba.exe \USBserial\COM3 at91sam3s4-9x D:/DOCUME~1/Rick/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp.tcl
=================================================================================
-I- Waiting ...
-I- TCL platform : Windows NT
-I- SAM-BA 2.11 on : windows
-I- Retrieved arguments from command line :
-I- argv 0 : \USBserial\COM3
-I- argv 1 : at91sam3s4-9x
-I- argv 2 : D:/DOCUME~1/Rick/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp.tcl
-I- Connection : \USBserial\COM3 (target(comType) = 0)
-I- Board : at91sam3s4-9x
-I- Traces Level : 4
-I- target(handle) : 20790024
Read device Chip ID at 0x400e0640 --- get 0x00000000
Read device Chip ID at 0x400e0740 --- get 0x28a00960
-I- Found processor : at91sam3s4 (Chip ID : 0x28a00960)
sourcing device file D:/Program Files/ATMEL Corporation/sam-ba_2.11/sam-ba.exe/../tcl_lib/devices/at91sam3s4.tcl
sourcing board description file D:/Program Files/ATMEL Corporation/sam-ba_2.11/sam-ba.exe/../tcl_lib/at91sam3s4-9x/at91sam3s4-9x.tcl
-I- Loading applet applet-lowlevelinit-atsam3s2.bin at address 0x20000800
-I- Memory Size : 0x0 bytes
-I- Buffer address : 0x4
-I- Buffer size: 0x0 bytes
-I- Applet initialization done
-I- Low level initialized
-I- Loading applet applet-flash-atsam3s2.bin at address 0x20000800
-I- Memory Size : 0x40000 bytes
-I- Buffer address : 0x20001440
-I- Buffer size: 0x6A00 bytes
-I- Applet initialization done
-I- FLASH initialized
-I- Command line mode : Execute script file : D:/DOCUME~1/Rick/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp.tcl
-E- Memory Overflow

SAM-BA done with errors

I really need to update because the version I have on it now does not have slow up in the mixers.

So whats up with the memory overflow?

I' don't want to write the flash mem and end up with bigger probs.

any help would be great.

EDIT: I went ahead and wrote r188 and it went on with no problem. Still what is that error?

Could it be something to do with the fact I have the ATtiny jumped from when we had the reboot problem. I'll update the tiny and see.
Attachments
untitled.JPG
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You have an old SAM-BA configuration here:
sourcing device file D:/Program Files/ATMEL Corporation/sam-ba_2.11/sam-ba.exe/../tcl_lib/devices/at91sam3s4.tcl
It is loading:
-I- Loading applet applet-flash-atsam3s2.bin at address 0x20000800
that is for the smaller processor and loads incorrectly therefore.

I'll look to see where the correct version is.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Here's the correct configuration:
at91sam3s4-9x.zip
(11.12 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Mike.