I need clarification please.

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

I have a 9x with removable module and rx's, and a 9xr. I also have the DJT telemetry module with the D8R-XP rx. In the 9x I have the smartie parts board and the telemetrez board. For the 9xr I have the FLD-02 monitor. From what I have read here, if I want to read the data on screen in my 9x, I need to either drill a small hole in the tx and pass the wires thru it, and have the wires connected to the module and exposed or do the mod to the module and backboard to have the wires inside and clean. I have not finished reading on doing this to the 9xr. I know the sp board and the telemetrez board DO NOT work with the 9xr is why I got the FLD-02 so as not to have to do to much soldering. Do I need to do the module mod to get the data onscreen for the 9xr? If NOT, and I do the module mod for the 9x, will I still be able to see the data on the 9xr with the FLD monitor?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: I need clarification please.

Post by MikeB »

Doing the module mod using the method I described does not affect the operation of the module external serial connection.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I've done Mikes mod to my own DJT modules and it works fine.
If you don't mod your DJT at all,

About using the DJT data connector.
I recently modified a 9x for full telemetry for a club member that didn't want the DJT module pins used. He wanted the 9x pins left stock. He had a SP ver 2.x board in it already.
This is what I did. I did the m64 pin mod to relocate switches to pins 42 and 42.
I added haptic. I modified his SP board to control the HK back light .
I modified and installed a small footprint max232 board for the RS232 to TTL conversion. To feed the data from the DJT rear data connector I made a tiny hole in the 9x case back right next to where the DJT data connector sits when the DJT is plugged in.
I only used/need 2 of a 3 wire servo cable, some only use 1 wire. I had only pigtail tinned wires on one end of the cable and servo fm pins and servo connector on the other other end. I masked the connector with tape and painted the cable flat black for 4-5 inches back.
Then I passed the wire through the small hole pig tails going into the case and soldered them (2) to the rs232 board.
When fully assembled and working, the plug and wired basically disappear against the case back,
It works great and he's happy with the look.
It saved me a lot of time not having to modify the DJT module as well as the 9x module pins.
I found out that the reason he kept the DJT stock is because he uses it in other radios including JR's and couldn't if customized for the invisible telemetry connection to the 9X. Makes sense. Easier for me, win, win.
I also marked the connector for polarity and added a dummy over the +5 volt pin on the data connector in case he tries to plug the cable in wrong.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Mikeb, where do I find your post of the module mod? I have looked all over the place.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Here I think ;)

er9x.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/TelemetryMods.pdf

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

every link i find ends up saying "untitled" and i get a blank page. even yours jhsa
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

you will get a blank page with the link I posted.. but it should ask you if you want to download the file :(
Anyway.. I used the link to make sure it works and it did.. So, I just downloaded it, and here it is ;)

João
Attachments
TelemetryMods.pdf
(463.42 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

jhsa wrote:you will get a blank page with the link I posted.. but it should ask you if you want to download the file :(
Anyway.. I used the link to make sure it works and it did.. So, I just downloaded it, and here it is ;)

João
Thanks bud, I got it now.

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”