Need Help quick

MadScientist

Need Help quick

Post by MadScientist »

Hey guys, for my wheel steer project. Im about to load er9x, and all my mixing onto the 9XR. Here the deal, I have a FR Sky DJT ACCST telemetry Tx, but a non telemetry RX (i planned on adding telemetry later)

which one of the firmwares do i need to use for the 9xr? everything im reading says you have to use special firm ware and modify the 9X. when you use the DJT (i assume this is specific to using telemetry though )

Help! Im trying to get this guy running asap.

Flaps 30

Re: Need Help quick

Post by Flaps 30 »

IIRC - You set the DJT to work with the non telemetry RX by setting the two small switches on the back or the toggle switch on the hack module. The firmware for the TX would be the normal one. NOT the frsky version. The Frsky version is needed (and will only work correctly) if you have done the telemetry modifications on the TX.
MadScientist

Post by MadScientist »

this is the page im at to download firm wares..

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/downloads/list

that helps elimate the telemetry firmware, but im still not sure which of the others to use. Thanks for the reply..
MadScientist

Post by MadScientist »

ah.. i think i was in the wrong spot.. i also found this page..

http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/ ... nformation

it has plain er9x hex code. i assume i save that hex to text file and save on computer as proper name
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Yup... Just treat it as a standard TX. Use Eepe as you would do normally..

You should be (not talking from experience here) able to load up your model files onto the TX without having to do anything to the TX's firmware. Hopefully JHSA may be awake and able to add something to this.

Have you looked to see what processor you have in the 9XR? ... There is a chance that it is an M128 and if so you could take advantage of that if you wanted more model slots.

MadScientist

Post by MadScientist »

i only need 1 model slot. its just for one car. I didnt look at the processor when i swapped the gimbals but i will soon
backman8571

Post by backman8571 »

Why not make it easy

Use the companion and when you have told the companion what configuration you plan to use, when click download and you have exactly whet you need

Per

Return to “tgy9xr model setup”