FrSky telemetry

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
kaos

Re: FrSky telemetry

Post by kaos »

I am using r788. I believe previous version is the same.
dow arrow to go to telemetry screen display then right/left arrow to switch between telemetry screens, there is one screen has T1 , RPm on 1st row and Alt on 2nd row and A1 A2 on 3rd row while small Rx Tx T2 on the bottom line.

my T1 is displaying correct temp. T2 is not connected and it does display a -12 degree. that needs to be taken care of by Mike when no sensor is attached, there should not be any data instead of a negative value.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Not sure I can do anything about that. If the hub sends me a value of -12, I display it. I have no infonmation to tell me there is no sensor attached.

I've just done a test on a hub with no temperature sensors attached, T1 reads -17C and T2 reads -23C.

If you have a -15C reading, then check the sensor does not have any broken wires. The sensor is a 100K thermistor. If you connect a 100K resistor to the two pins, you should get a reading of +25C.

There are 4 telemetry screens, the custom one and three others. One of the others includes the Alt, this is the screen on which to press MENU LONG, to offset the dislpay to zero.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kaos

Post by kaos »

MikeB wrote:Not sure I can do anything about that. If the hub sends me a value of -12, I display it. I have no infonmation to tell me there is no sensor attached.
that is what I thought. Otherwise this would have been changed long time ago. ;)
Is there a way we can attach something like a jumper, say T2 is not connector, in T2 socket and gives an ourrageous reading and displayed as '-'?
or any sensor socket for that matter?

A -12 degree does confuses people who flies in winter under that condition (I know it will never be me :mrgreen: ).
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Putting a resistor on the pins should work. A 100K thermistor has a resistance of 100K at 25C, and changes as the temperature changes. As the temperature incerases it may either increas or decrease depending on the type of thermistor (PTC ot NTC). Try some different value resistors (120K, 82K) and see what reading you get.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kaos

Post by kaos »

what is your guesstimate for > 200 degree or above resistor. we know we will not be in 150 degree, then the FW can detect anything > 150 and display as '-'
I don't even know whether this is even worth the trouble. I usually know which T sensor I don't connect and just ignores it. but just out of curiosity. ;)

edit: just used some of my resistor to test it , here is the result:
120K - 22 C
100K - 25 C
22K - 59 C
1K - 148 C

the Temp sensor plug is a micro JST, so use a micro JST and solder a 1K smd resistor and leave in T2 will give 148 degree reading and clearly known what is going on. ;)

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

But then some use those to measure engine temperature... ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

How high a engine temperature could get? never fooled around with gas engine. I know my car's oil temperature is 250 C. ;)
nsf

Post by nsf »

Guys just want to say thanks, again.
Did as you said and all is working.
On the A1 field in the telemetry screen, I have the rx voltage, and on the A2 field, using the FBVS-01 sensor, connected directly in the A2 port in the rx, I get the flight pack voltage.
kaos

Post by kaos »

hmmm, this is interesting. anyone actually verified Frysky's claim that the temperature range is -20 C to 250 C?
I did a little more test of resistors lower than 1K.
220 ->184 C
100 ->203 C
82 -> 203 C

I don't have other resistors to test it infinitely.
I just put a short T2 and it is still 203 C. last night my T2 is showing -12C when T2 not plugged, today it show -20C when not plugged in. now this is because the FRysky hub or the FW conversion?

it seems my Frysky hub only reports from -20 to 203 C. when T2 is shorted it is also 203 C.
any one care to verify what is going on here? any one has a adjustable resistor to check ?
Not it really matters that much, just in the name of science and fact finding. ;)
nsf

Post by nsf »

Anybody here using the frsky dashboard app. Need help setting it up.

Sent from my bq Maxwell Plus using Tapatalk 2
kaos

Post by kaos »

I used it. not much any more since sky9x is doing a wonderful job unless you want to record the data. it should be plug and play as long as you installed the BT in your Tx. by the way, I only used with ERSKY9X.
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

I have also used it, but prefer FRS Logger as it lets me see the values of hub sensors as well as A1A2.
nsf

Post by nsf »

kaos wrote:I used it. not much any more since sky9x is doing a wonderful job unless you want to record the data. it should be plug and play as long as you installed the BT in your Tx. by the way, I only used with ERSKY9X.
Thanks kaos. In fact it works fine. What I want to know is how to set it up so the values e get in the tx are the same in the android device. For example. On the tx I have about 5.33v in A1 (rx voltage) and about 11.5v in A2 (flight pack voltage). But on the frsky dasboard I have values that go way over 100v.

nsf

Post by nsf »

mpjf01 wrote:I have also used it, but prefer FRS Logger as it lets me see the values of hub sensors as well as A1A2.
Didnt know about this one. Gona give it a try.
Thanks

mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

Playstore, but not free like dashboard.
nsf

Post by nsf »

Just tried the free version but keeps crashing.
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

The author has a thread about the app on rcgroups. He will help you if you post there.

It works on my sgii and Ive used it on a sgiii.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
salience

Re: FrSky telemetry Starting to get the hang of it

Post by salience »

Yes, big thanks, the menu-hold does set altitude to zero.
First few experiments with switches:
CSwitch 1 v<ofs Cvlt -40 (telemetry value 1.70v setting actually means 3.40v)
+ Safety Switch CH10 A SW1 SciFi
Works fine - thanks for the example above. Since that worked so well, I thought I'd try audio warning for less than 50 RSSI or TSSI. Here's what I set:
CSwitch2 v<ofs RSSI -75 (50) CS4 (AND Switch)
CSwitch3 v<ofs TSSI -75 (50) CS4
CSwitch4 AND !THR !THR
+ Safety Switch
CH11 A SW2 Ring
VH12 A SW3 Ring

The AND CS4 + CSwitch4 prevent the alarm from ringing when you have THR on, i.e., when you turn on the Tx, the RSSI & TSSI alarms go off, of course, then you hit THR to stop that infernal ringing until you are ready to power the heli. This was largely a guess, but it seems to work. Maybe someone has a better way to do it?

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”