extra 9x. Sell or part out ?

Want to get your own 9x? Don't know where to buy one? Looking for spares?
rperkins

extra 9x. Sell or part out ?

Post by rperkins »

Is it a good idea ? Just ordered a 9xr cause i'm curious of the current revision's internals. Still got an unused 9x . Never been programmed or soldered on. See lots of requests for parts but dont know the market value. Would be great if i could recoup my money and help someone who needs a part. I bought 1 9x during the price war, probabaly cost me ~$65 with shipping. There were like 900 backordered so I got impatient and got one off of ebay for ~110 including shipping. So I'd like to split it and recoup ~$80. Plus that would pay mostly for the 9xr :) I've already got 6x9 bubble mailers, labels, and a process in place, so it wouldnt be that much out of my way.

What's the market bear for the parts ? The one i wouldnt mind keeping is the mainboard, so maybe goose that one up a bit :)

Case with battery compartment
Left (mode 2 gimbal )
Right (mode 2 gimball)
Rf module with antenna
Pots
Switchs
Power board
Backplane board
Main board
Lcd
what else ?

shipping would probably run $2 for the small parts. Maybe 5 for the gimbals if they dont fit in the mailer. The case I would have to research.

Please dont make offers for parts in this thread. If I decide to part out a 9x I'll make a new thread with prices and first come first serve rule and link to the post here. This aint ebay :) I'm just wondering what the demand is, what the going rate would be, and how it would be perceived by the community.

thanks

Kilrah

Re: extra 9x. Sell or part out ?

Post by Kilrah »

What's in demand from what we can see is the pots or gimbals, mainboard, and sometimes switches (mainly the 3-position one). I doubt you'll be able to make much out of the rest. Maybe the module if you take the time to modify it to mount the antenna on it.

Don't forget to actually test your parts before making a decision, I got 2 9xs with dead pots out of the box...
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

ok thanks that's a good idea.

Maybe another way to approach the question is:
Do the traditional big RC radio players sell replacement parts for their radios and if so would their replacement part prices be relevant for pricing 9X parts ?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Nope, apart from switches for models that don't have them included you usually won't find spare parts. You have to send the radio to an authorised service point and have it repaired there.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Ok I stripped it down in about an hour. more information here

http://opentxforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3040

Return to “Where to buy / Spares / Modules? Selling up?”