open9x-r2129

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Flaps 30

Re: open9x-r20xx

Post by Flaps 30 »

João - You sure are giving a lot of input. I bet that you are on a crusade to fill up that M128 of yours. :)

Looking through at some of the things that are planned for the the next release and the things being altered make this (IMO) one of the big steps forward in the life of Open9x.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

At 62.1% used flash that is going to be a bit difficult ;) :mrgreen:

I'm just trying to help testing.. It's fun. Along with some old and new ideas...
As I said, it's fun.. :D
Looking through at some of the things that are planned for the the next release and the things being altered make this (IMO) one of the big steps forward in the life of Open9x.
I couldn't agree more with you.. 8-)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

OK, 2 more findings on encoder/menu system:
1. opening screen is missing left vertical trim center point and trim tab symbol won't stop when trim is moved to center like the other 3 trim tabs.
2. just a thought on the curve setting screen.
my understanding, as of now by playing with it, is once the curve menu is entered and the graph of curve is shown the center button will toggle the point to flashing(ready to change coordinate x/y by pushing up/down or left/right key. but without toggle the dot y can always be changed by up/down key while left/riht key moves the dot. this is OK for button only. but wasted the wheel function.
Here is a suggestion for your consideration, once say CV1 is selected and into the curve graph screen, the cursor will land on 'Type : xpt' , center press to select to change graph type. or wheeling to any dot of the graph to be changed. use center button to highlight the dot to select the point to be changed and cursor jump to the top left corner X=xx Y=yy box. use wheel to move to X or Y line and center button to toggle the X/Y to high light and use wheel to change number. This way either X or Y can be changed with wheels easily. long press center button to get back to the xy graph dot again to select another dot to change, or long center press to get out of graph screen.
basically the graph type will be part of the graph's 'dot' and the wheel can rotate through them. only when land on 'type' we can toggle to change type. when land on graph dot, we can toggle to change coordinates all by wheel and center button.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Ok, this is the 1st full report on the wheel encoder:
I like very much of the consistency of long press to get out of any level of menu.
In general I think the short press center could be a little bit longer, easy becomes long press.

the main screen left trim symbol is missing center dot and trim won't stop when move to center like the other 3 trims.

opening screen with the ch bar graph, some how I can't get the ch1 to do any thing no matter what I do with ch1 mix. the bar won't move with stick.

Model setup:
1/11
the model selection could be better by press center and be able to wheel through each page, as of now, have to use left/right button 1st before wheel will work.

2/11
model name change: I like better the way er9x is doing, able to use wheel to any character , press center then wheel to the character, press center select, then go on next character.
as of now the character change is in sequence automatically, if you misenter one you have to go through the whole sequence to get back to the same character.

T-trim: can toggle on/off with center button, left off, right on
this is consistent through out the menu system except:
S-warning: can NOT toggle with center button, left can toggle off, right can toggle on

ctr beep: has to use 'menu' key to set, may be use underline to indicating position and use center press to set is easier, flashing is confusing whether it is set or not. this is the same as er9x. I think this is confusing.

proto: why only 4ch as minimum? can't just use 3 ch for for a toy coaxial heli? ;)

ppm frame: the only one item I am able to produce a lock up of tx, have to power off and on to do any thing. when it goes to 39.0 ms/max, tx will lock up.

3/11: OK
4/11:
FP0 - may be this is my unfamiliarity with FP, this one only has name, fade in, fade out
no switch, trims

5/11
DR/expo: why call it weight instead of 'dual rate/DR"?

6/11
in the mix editing I don't know why !c2... is in the 'curve' selection. this may be my unfamiliarity with this usage.
the way each mix line is moved is intriguing but wheel can be used to move once high lighted. this part I need to think a little more to see what is a better way to do the editing funciton. may be er9x's pop up window is a better way.

7/11
there is off and on 'strange' number appears at center of top line which i could not figure out what that is.

8/11
see one post above.

9/11
sometimes the CS1 will be bolded then disappear , don't know what is bolding mean.

10/11
this is totally new to me, not sure what to look for yet.

11/11
usrdata: may be change 'hub' to Fryskyhub" or Frysky is more indicative
Blades: only limited to 5 (no edf prop ;) )

that is all for now. I will wait till next revision to retest it again. Hope this will help you out. Nothing I said is a 'must' just some of my own thought as a nonnerdish end user. :mrgreen:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

kaos wrote:the main screen left trim symbol is missing center dot and trim won't stop when move to center like the other 3 trims.

opening screen with the ch bar graph, some how I can't get the ch1 to do any thing no matter what I do with ch1 mix. the bar won't move with stick.
Can't reproduce either of these.
kaos wrote:S-warning: can NOT toggle with center button, left can toggle off, right can toggle on
This sounds normal. The difference is that you need be able to set the switches' default positions. So left=off, right=on, press=store current switch positions as startup default, which you'll see reflected with inverted letters.
kaos wrote: ctr beep: has to use 'menu' key to set, may be use underline to indicating position and use center press to set is easier, flashing is confusing whether it is set or not. this is the same as er9x. I think this is confusing.
Yes underline would be great, has always annoyed me as well. This is of course dependent on whether we actually do have an underline function, I'm not sure of that! Might need to see how much flash it uses if not.
kaos wrote:proto: why only 4ch as minimum? can't just use 3 ch for for a toy coaxial heli? ;)
You might have seen choices are only even numbers to save some eeprom.
kaos wrote:ppm frame: the only one item I am able to produce a lock up of tx, have to power off and on to do any thing. when it goes to 39.0 ms/max, tx will lock up.
Can't duplicate here with the edit keys. Max is 40ms. Can someone else with a rotary encoder test? What's the exact manipulation that causes the crash? Is there a way to get it to work and a different that causes the crash? What were the other related settings at this time (number of CH, pulse and polarity)?
Did you notice that the frame length now changes when adjusting the number of channels (trying to rule out a wrecked codebase / svn problem on your side)
kaos wrote:FP0 - may be this is my unfamiliarity with FP, this one only has name, fade in, fade out
no switch, trims
FP0 is the default FP, so it's active when no other is, and trims are always their own.
kaos wrote:DR/expo: why call it weight instead of 'dual rate/DR"?
Because the rates are not necessarily dual, but could be triple or quad? Or dodeca? ;)
kaos wrote:in the mix editing I don't know why !c2... is in the 'curve' selection.
!cx means cx but with X axis inverted. Most of the time when you use a curve for a function that has a control on each wing the curve needs to be the same for both control surfaces, but the other way around.
kaos wrote:there is off and on 'strange' number appears at center of top line which i could not figure out what that is.
When the cursor is anywhere on a line, the current position of the corresponding channel is shown at the top.
kaos wrote:sometimes the CS1 will be bolded then disappear , don't know what is bolding mean.
Mixers, DRs, CSs, CFs are all bolded when ON.
kaos wrote:10/11
this is totally new to me, not sure what to look for yet.
The manual? ;)

Also, Please check that your local svn copy is clean, if needed delete the whole folder and start over. You have 3 issues that nobody else has, so your repo could have become corrupted some way. Also, when you "SVN Update" be sure to do so on the open9x folder itself, if you do it on a file it will only update that one file. And when you report issues, always state the svn revision you're basing your report on. "Latest SVN" is useless when there's already a new revision by the time you've finished writing your post. If we know when the problem was present, we can always go back in time to try and replicate it (you can too, with "SVN Update to revision").

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I will do also that and then try to replicate the issues.. Just need to find some time today.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
calla969

Post by calla969 »

I'm still having an issue where center beeps kill all sounds until I restart the TX. Any chance that will be fixed?

viewtopic.php?t=2520

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Which revision were you using? Have you tried upgrading, there certainly has been a new release since then?
calla969

Post by calla969 »

I'm using the latest version. Still the same behavior. I always keep the freshest version installed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

You should open an issue on the open9x project for this one, I completely forgot it ...
kaos

Post by kaos »

I guess need to specify which version /hard ware here. I am at 1993, M64.

Just went to that 'ppm frame' again, yep lock up at 39.0. the tx freeze up. have to power off and on again.
repeated twice the same.

the 'S-warning', shouldn't it be press cetner then like the ctr beep to select switch then set it on?
I can only toggle it on/off with left/right button. not able to select which switch.

the opening screen still shows the left trim dot missing adn trib tab won't stop.

the ctr beep, is it possible to use a '-' write over the character as indicator if underline is not possible?

I will get to the rest later today. One thing I really think would be good it the curve editing thing. I think if done the way I described would be much easier for people using wheel encoder.;)

If no one can reproduce the ppm frame lock up thing. I will make an eeprom backup and send it to you to see if that is a specific type of combination of setting issue. or depends on the 'make file' options that are chosen.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I opened already an issue about the encoder not being able to edit curves.. So, now we have to wait till the devs have some time to take care of it.. Knowing them, it shouldn't take long.. ;) :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

kaos wrote:I will make an eeprom backup and send it to you to see if that is a specific type of combination of setting issue. or depends on the 'make file' options that are chosen.
Yep, and include your .hex as well. That way we can flash that exact same one and check if it's corrupt. List your make command line as well (content of the .bat).
kaos

Post by kaos »

will do that when I get home. I will attach the eeprom, hex, and make64.bat

edit: OK, guys these are the 3 files, see if you can figure out what is going on. Just before I sent these files. tried again, same thing locked up tx at 39.0 ms.
I also noticed in the latest update svn about the telemetry 'batt' was displaying timer has been fixed. I noticed that too. good to know it has been fixed. thought for a while 'batt' has different meaning in epen9x. ;)
Attachments
open9x 130225.zip
(43.81 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Ok. I think I am reaching the problem.
We have a PPM frame = 39.0*1000.
If we remove only 4 channels, I am almost sure we have overflow problems in pulses_avr.cpp.
Same problem on sky9x and X9D I think.

PS: and the WDT doesn't reboot the radio, we are still sending pulses ... but they are wrong!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

So yes, this happens ONLY with 4CH setting, which is why we didn't notice. Good to say that kind of details ;)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OK, fixed on SVN.
kaos wrote:the opening screen still shows the left trim dot missing adn trib tab won't stop.
This is simply because you turned on the T-Trim function, and is normal in this case. This is intended for gas engines.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hmmm, I don't know if being a feature for IC engines is a good idea that the trim stops in the middle.. I don't think so. This trim is used basically to adjust the idle.. It should also not mess with the upper part of the stick range.. only the bottom. But I think that's what it does..

João
Last edited by jhsa on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The IC trim implementation has no "middle", just ends. It also only acts on the idle side, without disturbing the full throttle setting.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Good.. :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Glad you found where the problem is. I will get another update later today.
Never noticed there is a 'dot' difference when turning on the T-trim before. (don't fly gas engine) now I know. ;)
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

I just added a few more items to the list:

- Tx Battery graph
- AdjustGVAR reimplemented (using 4 different modes: numeric value, source, another GVAR or +1/-1)
- PlayTrack can now take a GVAR as argument
- Minute Beep and Countdown Beep are now timer dependant, instead of applied to all timers of all models

I am now OFF for one week ... Hands off during your beta testing ;)

Bertrand.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I am amazed at how much you have managed to fit in!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Bertrand, if you have time please see issue 218

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

bertrand35 wrote: I am now OFF for one week ... Hands off during your beta testing ;)
Bertrand.
what happen to your cell phone! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

edit:
OK, just loaded revision 2024. yep, Bert has fixed the tx lock up for 39.0 ms 4ch. I will not call your cell phone for a wk now. ;)

while playing with wheels, again the previously mentioned curve editing with wheels and ctr beep editing can have some improvement. I also think the wheel can be used to change various different main display screen would be nice. before the wheel, we use up/down key to change display screen. I think we can use wheel to change display screen would be great while on the main display screen. This is also cna be applied to telemetry with multiple screen displays using wheel while on the multiple display screen. (like the two custom display screen. or use center button to toggle between display screen if there is only 2 screens on some of the display)

one thing I noticed is the curve graph (CV1 5pt graph linear I was playing), the upper half of the line has some crooked bends at a couple places. I think it was linear at revision 1993. don't know what happened.
zdenek

Post by zdenek »

bertrand35 wrote:I am adding so many things for the next release that I start now the list ...
Oh, my God, I can not again correct manuals in time. :roll: :)
Zdenek
Hlubocinka, Czech Republic
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

and that is only the beginning of the list :D

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

zdenek wrote:Oh, my God, I can not again correct manuals in time. :roll: :)
Start now! :mrgreen:
zdenek

Post by zdenek »

kaos wrote: Start now! :mrgreen:
OK, I'll buy the avalanche transponder and I shall go on the slope ...
Zdenek
Hlubocinka, Czech Republic
kaos

Post by kaos »

sorry, don't have a ham license to operate that frequency to save you. :lol:

Return to “openTx”