Buddy box using ER9X

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
iflyj3

Buddy box using ER9X

Post by iflyj3 »

Using a Turnigy 9X and a FlySky 9X with Smartieparts programmer board and the Telemetry FrSky interface with ER9X FrSky NHT.
As as slave I plug in the buddy cable and on the scope I see PPM signal and moving the sticks, it looks OK. As a master, switch on and plug in the buddy cable, I see constant 1.5 ms PPM pulses and nothing affects them. I believe the buddy line should be in a steady high state for it to be used as an input to the master from the slave.

Has there been a fix for this?

Thanks

gohsthb

Re: Buddy box using ER9X

Post by gohsthb »

Dip you have ppmsim enabled on the master? If so turn it off, then the trainer jack will be an input.
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
iflyj3

Post by iflyj3 »

No, PPMSIM is off. Tried it both ways and no joy.

Thanks,
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just tested this, and it seems to work as it should. As master, power on and plug in trainer cable, the trainer input is high.

When you configure as a master, with the trainer cable in, is the transmitter otherwise working correctly controlling the servos?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
iflyj3

Post by iflyj3 »

I'll check that late today and report.

iflyj3

Post by iflyj3 »

MikeB wrote:I've just tested this, and it seems to work as it should. As master, power on and plug in trainer cable, the trainer input is high.

When you configure as a master, with the trainer cable in, is the transmitter otherwise working correctly controlling the servos?

Mike.
Found the problem.
I Didn't have Trainer ON and PPM16 was set. Turned ON Trainer and set to PPM and it works.

Still stumbling and learning.

Thanks for your response.

DanT
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I was just going to ask about PPM16. This sends the selected number of channels to the main tx module, and then the next 8 channels to the trainer port to allow connection to another tx module to give up to 16 channels in all.

Good you got it sorted youself.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “er9x”