ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
jhsa

Re: ERSKY9x Rev. B1 User Area

Post by jhsa »

Mike did you also uploaded it to er9x? I have 764 but can't find anything at the bottom of the safety switches..

Thanks
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, I've only just finished the code on ersky9x, it's easier to test on there. I only 'published' it because of the safety switc bug I left in.
I'm still waiting on Erazz to build the er9x release, r764 is only sources committed.
I'll try for a test version of er9x, and put it on the first page of the voice thread, just need to change the sources to match the additions to ersky9x. I'm running two separate sets of source files as they are stored on separate googlecode sites.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike.. I had a friend compiling the 764 for me.. that's how I could have a look.. I'm still learning... :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

... "ON - plays the voice file ONCE when the switch becomes ON
OFF - plays the voice file ONCE when the switch becomes OFF" erc.

You are a mind reader!!! Just what I was thinking of to ask if it would be possible. Outstanding.

This stuff just gets better and better. Only wish I knew enough about the coding to help out :cry:
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Mike, have you looked any further at usb file access to the card? I just installed the card last time I had the board out... never put an opening for it... ;)

Again... thanks for all your hard work.
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No. I haven't had any time to look into that. I have a feeling it may take a bit of sorting out.
I'm toying with the idea of using something like ZMODEM over bluetooth, or the other serial port to give access to the SD card files for updating them. Maybe not quite as easy to use, but would save opening the case if you have no slot to access the card. There may be other ways of doing it as well.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Random thought here... (and maybe wrong)

You could potentially get access to the sdcard in a 'tftp' fashion via the same route you 'flash' the firmware.

Imaging if the flashing of the firmware carried an 'embeded payload' that when the firmware booted, it copies the payload data to the sdcard.

Bit of a round aboat way - but I reckon it should be possible!

Guess the only other way is a dual boot system. e.g. press and hold trainer during power up, boots in usb mode.

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Totoff

Post by Totoff »

I may have missed something.
I have my SDCard inserted and that appeared as "ready" in ERSKY (4Gb SD formated as FAT32). Of course I have the directory "voice" created with the wav files inside.
But even in Spekrvoice mode in Radio menu I can't get any prerecorded sound from the RC.
I've just tried with R91 and a switch test, but here again, bot able to have voices played ..... Any idea of what could be wrong ?
Thanks.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

What's the smallest and largest memory size I can use?
SM
preston91

Post by preston91 »

been trying to to make some custom audio files with Audacity. I've tried both 16 bit signed and 8 bit unsigned wav's but they play very sloooow. I was able to use Recordpad in uncompressed 16 bit mono format that worked, but it doesn't have any editing functions. anyone know an Audacity output format that works? it has a bunch to choose from....@ Mike thanks for your efforts!!!! love the special audio switches you added, you are doing some wonderful work...

Paul
Totoff

Post by Totoff »

For information, I've used the AT&T Text to speech demo to create a french pack of voices, and it's working great without any format modification (256 Kbps/16,0 KHz/16 bits) !
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I have a full 'Natural' french voice file for my nextup software.. and australiian, usa british & ireland :)

Attached are some samples of the Australian one. :-)
Attachments
rfcrit.wav
(87.7 KiB) Downloaded 1159 times
gear_d.wav
(37 KiB) Downloaded 1151 times
fblow.wav
(80.39 KiB) Downloaded 1126 times
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I have just returned from a successful day of flying, not only did my Sky9x get its first outing but just to show my faith in all the hard work done by Brent, Mike et al I maidened a new model at the same time. My main reason for this post was to ask about updating using Companion 9x. I wanted to add a different splash screen but was unsure of the correct procedure. The method I used seemed to be ok but when I got a message suggesting that it could not check the compatibility I bailed. Can someone step me through the procedure please. Or point me in the right direction for any instructions.

David
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

preston91 wrote:been trying to to make some custom audio files with Audacity. I've tried both 16 bit signed and 8 bit unsigned wav's but they play very sloooow
What sample rate are you using? All the files I've posted were recorded and edited using Audacity 2. Before you record a file, set the project sample rate to 16000 Hz (bottom left corner of the window). If you have a recorded file, load it, change the project sample rate to 16000 Hz, select the sound you want, then resample to 16000 Hz (menu tracks/resample). I also usually amplify the sound to maximum (menu effects/amplify). Then Export selection.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I normally do equalize the files also.. it makes a big difference for a clean sound. just do a bass cut. the little speaker can't handle the low frequencies anyway and they will distort..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

You also want to get your amplitude right. Otherwise you get your sounds all playing at different volumes!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qkskpq
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totoff

Post by Totoff »

Hmm.. Seem I still have an issue.
Everything worked well yesterday and I played with sounds for a while.
This morning I couldn't get a single voice to be played on the remote. :-(

Everything seems ok and sd card appears ready. Then I just realized that if i insert the SD card as the remote is already on, or just take it out and in again while it is on, sounds are starting to play.....
Any idea to solve this ??
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Have had good results with self recorded sounds. Using Windows Sound Recorder 16kHz, 8 bit Mono 15kb/sec. Basic as it gets, but working fine. My startup sound is now 'Goooooooood Morrrrrrnin' Viet-naaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!'
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Totoff wrote:Hmm.. Seem I still have an issue.

Everything seems ok and sd card appears ready. Then I just realized that if i insert the SD card as the remote is already on, or just take it out and in again while it is on, sounds are starting to play.....
You may need to re-solder the pins on the holder. Mine has been fine since doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
preston91

Post by preston91 »

OK I set the audacity sample rate to 16khz but the files still run slow, also tried 8khz. since others use it successfully I must have a short between the headsets! :-) ! I'll play some more with it. Trying to make a startup file from Lenny Kravitz's "Fly Away". However the AT&T text to speech works fine. the Audrey-English setting provides a nice " Bitchin Betty" voice that is cool. Made gear up, gear down, zero flaps, 50% flaps, 100% flaps, and "your P-51 is ready for takeoff" files successfully. the guys at the field are going to flip out when they hear these from my remote!! ersky9x is starting to rock! Thanks to everyone for you development work, and help to me.

Paul
Totoff

Post by Totoff »

One of the remak I had is :
"How hell did you manage to put Siri in a remote control ?"

... Loved it !! :p
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

at my club, you just look at the guys and can see envy in their faces.. but then they just start criticising.. oh well.. :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Totoff wrote:Hmm.. Seem I still have an issue.

I seem to be having the same issue....it's hit or miss. When I open the Tx next time I'll have a look.

Mike, would it be possible to have audio file selection for each aircraft. So when the radio is turned on and the models it's on is Spitfire, we could make an audio file "Spitfire" but with your file naming convention of course.

So at power up we would hear "ER9X-SPITFIRE-8 MINUTES".
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

what a good idea.. we could make an audio file with the name of the model.. brilliant. me like it.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
of course I mean for er9x too ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Hey! I thought of that too, model select names, I made files for all mine already, just in case.

Initializing Quad system
Initializing Corsair system
FPV systems initializing

etc..etc.. :D

My radio nags me now... 'don't ignore me, I hate being ignored, this isn't right, why are you ignoring me, someone tell Adrian to turn me off, he's ignoring me again' That's my inactivity alarm now.. ahhh... gotta love it..
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

fun..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

beer...
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

cre8tiveleo wrote: My radio nags me now... 'don't ignore me, I hate being ignored, this isn't right, why are you ignoring me, someone tell Adrian to turn me off, he's ignoring me again' That's my inactivity alarm now.. ahhh... gotta love it..
Soo makes me think of Portal 2!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

cre8tiveleo wrote:Hey! I thought of that too, model select names, I made files for all mine already, just in case.

Initializing Quad system
Initializing Corsair system
FPV systems initializing

etc..etc.. :D

My radio nags me now... 'don't ignore me, I hate being ignored, this isn't right, why are you ignoring me, someone tell Adrian to turn me off, he's ignoring me again' That's my inactivity alarm now.. ahhh... gotta love it..
I made one thats not as long as your's and it'll play 6 or 7 times after I move the sticks as soon as it starts to play. I'll go back to a short one.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is this voice model name just at switch on, or whenever a model is loaded? It may be tricky, particularly on er9x, keeping in sync. If you upload a different model to a slot, you need to make sure the voice name tracks it. On ersky9x we might be able to the model name as the filename ( the first 8 characters of the model name), but that will need some changes to to mechanism I use to play voices, I only have a number at the moment to specify the file. On er9x, we can only use numbers as the filename, maybe use 0101.wav for model1, 0102.wav for model 2 etc. up to 0116 for model 16. Then it will be up to you to make sure the voice files match the models.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”