Switch Upgrades

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Switch Upgrades

Post by MikeB »

Yes that all sounds correct. The latest released firmware is r220, and also there are test versions available that will be r221 (nearly ready to release). At some point I have renamed the options from EXT1 and EXT2 to LCD2 and LCD6 to make things clearer.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

redear

Post by redear »

Thanks a million.
I found this confirmed today after days of searching (why of why google did not show me that page before???) at http://www.rctanksaustralia.com/forum/v ... 991&p=4553 with step-by-step instructions...
My switches are on the way, radio upped to r220, next week is the time to do it...

you do a great job supporting this community. thanks a lot!!! How do I send you some beer money? ;)

regards, redear
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Check the links under all my posts. One of the links takes you to Mike's beer bank.. :mrgreen:

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
redear

Post by redear »

A Quick help again :) raising the breeding tomorrow... :) cheers...
redear

Post by redear »

Ahhh. Breeding... love the spellchecker... the breeding should have been the beerfund... so raising the beerfund tomorrow I was going to say... hahaha..

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

:mrgreen: ;)

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
redear

Post by redear »

DONE! I have the older rev of the radio so had to put the wire through R22. Then, the biggest problem was I squeezed a ground cable in a screwhole and cut it while closing the radio after everything was done and checked. after repairing that damage, everything works fine as expected. superfine. :) thanks!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

That happened to me also.. :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
bighugo

Post by bighugo »

MikeB wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:34 pm To allow flexibility for switch upgrades I'll change the hardware options to make all possible inputs available everywhere.
There will still be the constraint that if you want a 6-position switch it will need to replace the ELE switch, unless I can think of a way to handle it elsewhere.

So, the 'spare' analog input may be used to make the ELE switch a 3-pos or a 6-pos switch.
In addition each of the switches and two additional push buttons may select the source of the 'extra' input needed.

ELE: NONE EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, DAC1, ANA, EXT4, EXT5, EXT6
AIL: NONE EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, DAC1, ELE, EXT4, EXT5, EXT6
GEA: NONE EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, DAC1, ELE, EXT4, EXT5, EXT6
RUD: NONE EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, DAC1, ELE, EXT4, EXT5, EXT6
THR: NONE EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, DAC1, ELE, EXT4, EXT5, EXT6
PB1: NONE EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, DAC1, ELE, EXT4, EXT5, EXT6
PB1: NONE EXT1, EXT2, EXT3, DAC1, ELE, EXT4, EXT5, EXT6
(EXT4, 5 and 6 only available on the SKY board, not the 'PRO, ELE is the ELE switch signal that becomes available if the ELE switch uses the analog input)

ELE will have the extra option, if analog input, of ANA3, AN6A, AN6B.

Mike.
Hello,
sorry for nooby question, but hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. After more than eight years with my good old T9X (slightly modded, er9x firmware), it was time for upgrade. I bought 9XR PRO some days ago, flashed with ersky9x 221f8, succesfully made czech voice pack and played with new firmware and settings. Now It's time for some upgrades. What I didn't understand, when I enabled hardware menu, there are possibility for two more pots (POT4 and POT5 on AD8 or AD10), four pushbuttons, and some switches to be changed to 3-way. But where can I find pins named AD8 and AD10? Pins LCD2, 6 and 7 are on expansion port, I know about 3K9 resistors, thats clear to me. What means 6PSA and 6PSB in sources for ELE switch? I suppose ANA is spare analog port (pin 2 on J3 header), DAC1 is spare digital input on the other side of board?
Please, help me, after many hours of reading I'm still confused.
Many thanks.
bighugo
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

First check is have you seen this post?
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=5659.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
bighugo

Post by bighugo »

Wow, thanks for fast response.
I know schematics in your link, yesterday have printed those, but unfortunately, didn't find answers in them.
Maybe I overlooked something....?
What I see are ports D2, D6, D7, DAC1 and ANA. But AD8 and AD10?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

6PSA and 6PSB are no longer needed since I added calibration for a 6-pos switch. They selected two specific ways of wiring a 6-pos switch in.
ersky9x runs on several different hardware platforms. One of these is the AR9X (and ARUNI) board that has AD8 and AD10 labelled as two spare analog inputs.
The 9XR-PRO uses one of these to monitor the current being used by the Tx, so only one spare analog input as available.
At the top right of the second diagram, you should see two options of modifications that connect to "SPARE ANG" on J3, pin 2. This is the other spare analog input. Note that on the 'PRO, this has two resistors fitted tying it to mid-supply voltage. If you want to use it as an analog input you need to remove these resistors.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
bighugo

Post by bighugo »

Okay, thanks, I think I get it now. 6PSA and 6PSB can be ignored, possibility of two another pots on AD8 and AD10 is true for other boards (AR9X) but not for 9XR PRO. Now it's much clearer for me.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You can still have one extra pot on the 'PRO.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
bighugo

Post by bighugo »

You mean extra pot connected to spare analog input, after desoldering two resistors on PCB? I would rather pass on this, I'm not 100% sure about my soldering skills on those tiny things and I don't want my brand new, nice and shiny 9XRPRO send to silicone heaven....Maybe some day I will change some of pots for Taranis sliders or some sort of slider pot. BTW, what value is OK for 9XRPRO? I have some 10K pots...
Anyway, after many years of using er9x, and now hopefully ersky9x firmware, I can say only one word about: AMAZING! Mike, thank you for your work.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”