9xr pro simulator

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
JCPhlux

Re: 9xr pro simulator

Post by JCPhlux »

So I have tried all of these setting changes and I am not getting any movement on my channels. I am use a very similar adapter but my 9xr Pro is not working. I plugged in my old hk-t6a and it reads it fine. not sure what do do at this point.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please post some more details of your exact connections and settings you have tried.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Camblonie

Post by Camblonie »

I'm using SmartPropoPlus with FPV Freerider and it's working great. I already had a mono 3.5 cable for some reason so zero $ spent. I did need to adjust the limits but no big deal.
KalEL

Post by KalEL »

Hello hoping someone can help me out. I'm pretty new to the rc hobby and wanted to learn to fly a quadcopter. Someone suggested I practice on a simulator before getting a quadcopter so I get flying lessons in vs just crashing and breaking. I have a turnigy 9xr Pro with a djt module, and I also purchased a frsky USB dongle that I have bound to the transmitter.

The issue I am having is that I don't have any stick movements and I can't seem to find any help online on how to fix this. It could be my channel settings however most people have a taranis and I feel like the outside trying to figure it.

Please bare with me as I am new also if you ask me something I may not know what you are referring to but am willing to learn and figure it out.

The reason I went with the USB dongle was because I could not get the transmitter working using the jack in the back of he radio connected to the computer.

What settings should I be using on my radio to be able to use with the USB dongle? I think that's where the issue is.
I have tried setting channels 1-6 however not sure if I need to do anything the offset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Please flash your 9XR-PRO with the latest Ersky9x test version from here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676

Download the file named "ersky9xProvR221f3.zip". Extract the file "ersky9xr_rom.bin" to your computer and flash your radio with it.
Your radio should now be able to control the simulator via the USB cable.
Just turn the radio ON, connect the USB cable between radio and computer, wait until the driver finishes installing, and you should be able to control your simulator..
What simulator you are using by the way? There are a couple that only accept their own dongle as protection against piracy..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

How to setup model to work with wireless connection to simulator:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... wirelessly
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R
KalEL

Post by KalEL »

rsilk49 wrote:How to setup model to work with wireless connection to simulator:

How in the world did you find this article. I've been searching online for days. This helped fix the issue and now my sticks work.

Now to figure out what the connection seems to drop from time to time and I'm golden.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KalEL

Post by KalEL »

jhsa wrote:Hi, welcome to the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676

Download the file named "ersky9xProvR221f3.zip". Extract the file "ersky9xr_rom.bin" to your computer and flash your radio with it.
Just turn the radio ON, connect the USB cable between radio and computer, wait until the driver finishes installing, and you should be able to control your simulator..
What simulator you are using by the way? There are a couple that only accept their own dongle as protection against piracy..

João
Thank you I did have the latest version flashed to the radio.

KalEL

Post by KalEL »

jhsa wrote:Hi, welcome to the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676

João
I'm using Fpv freerider.

rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

KalEL wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 pm

How in the world did you find this article. I've been searching online for days. This helped fix the issue and now my sticks work.

Now to figure out what the connection seems to drop from time to time and I'm golden.

Thanks again.

I wrote it :)

Keep at least 1-2 metres distance between the dongle and the radio for a good connection.

.rs
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R
KalEL

Post by KalEL »

rsilk49 wrote:
KalEL wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks again.

I wrote it :)

Keep at least 1-2 metres distance between the dongle and the radio for a good connection.

.rs
You are a headache saver for many. Just not sure why I didn't did your post on rcgroups before. I'm also on there. This needs to be a sticky for us turnigy users.

I have a good distance between the two. Should I re-bind it while they are a good distance apart? The dongle is connected to the laptop connected to a tv, and the controller is on my couch which is about 6-7 feet apart.

Let me know anything else I can try and thanks again, your post was very helpful.

rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

Assuming you are using the ORX dongle, the distance is good. If the blue light on the dongle is solid then it is bound.
  • When you create a model for the simulator use, check the receiver number is unique.
    Try a different USB port on the laptop.
    Make sure the laptop does not go to sleep.
KalEL

Post by KalEL »

rsilk49 wrote:Assuming you are using the ORX dongle, the distance is good. If the blue light on the dongle is solid then it is bound.
  • When you create a model for the simulator use, check the receiver number is unique.
    Try a different USB port on the laptop.
    Make sure the laptop does not go to sleep.
It def has a good distance. I'll try your suggestion if trying a different port. Where do I look for th receiver number on the turnigy 9xr pro?

rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

In the Model/Protocol page. If you have not already used it for another model/receiver, try RxNum 5, it works for me ;)
If you do make a change, I would bind again.
KalEL

Post by KalEL »

rsilk49 wrote:In the Model/Protocol page. If you have not already used it for another model/receiver, try RxNum 5, it works for me ;)
If you do make a change, I would bind again.

I'll try that this week.

KalEL

Post by KalEL »

Ended up getting a QX7

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”