HORUS binding

General Information & Rules
gangan34

HORUS binding

Post by gangan34 »

Long story,but will keep it short.I have a TaranisD andTaranis E transmitters along with an assortment of receivers,mainly X series and LR series.I have purchased a Horus transmitter,with Frsky op software.I have come to bind the receivers,and only the LR types will bind.It has been suggested that my two Taranis transmitters are running on the first EU software update(I live in the UK),therefore I need to update the software in the Taranis to EU LBT,I can then update the receivers from the transmitters,and then use them with my Horus.I have tried to bind a V8-11 series to the Horus,but cannot do.The Horus manual states select D8 mode for the V8 receiver,but D8 is not in the menu,only D16 and LR12.Would V-11 series receivers be affected by not using the latest EU BLT software ? I intend to sell my Taranis transmitters when the Horus is OK to go,I am not a transmitter collector.

Kilrah

Re: HORUS binding

Post by Kilrah »

If you want to use FrSky software, then the EU-LBT version will not support any V and D receivers.

Your only solution to keep using them in that case would be to move all X receivers to non-EU firmware and use the non-EU version of the FrSky Horus software.
gangan34

Post by gangan34 »

Thanks for the reply,I can live with only using my X series and LR on my Horus ,which is EU- LBT ( I think),so I will have to flash the firmware in the receivers.The software in my Horus is 1.2.15,Frsky tell me it needs updating,to what issue,and will that be EU-LBT or is that separate for the RF module? Sorry for all these questions,but one more,my telemetry screen has 8 pages,the screen displayed,on line,for a simple model set-up,shows 44 pages.I am assuming it is due to the version of firmware that I am using.
PS it looks like the Frsky forum is no longer working.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

For the Horus the module firmware is part of the FrSky OS, so when you update that your module gets updated to the corresponding version as well.

I don't know about the telemetry display, haven't used FrSky OS much.
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Latest FrSkyOS version is 1.3.01(beta) and it needs to be thoroughly benchtested before flying it.

The last version that I have used that is stable is 1.2.25(beta)

Both releases have LBT and International firmwares in the downloaded zip files.

Your 1.2.15 does have limited telemtry screens from memory, and you really do need to update from that version ASAP.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!

gangan34

Post by gangan34 »

Many thanks,both of you,I have updated the Horus to 1.3.01,had 3 flights with it on a foamie electric glider,things seem OK.I have managed to update an X series receiver to LBT to work with the Taranis,easier than I thought.Problem left is updating my Taranis D & E to EU LBT,before I sell them,I assume that I need only update the inbuilt module?

Thanks for help

Return to “General Information & Rules”