Have only 4 Channels available with Taranis / CC3D and FrSkyx4R, getting CRAZY

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
andruuid

Have only 4 Channels available with Taranis / CC3D and FrSkyx4R, getting CRAZY

Post by andruuid »

Hy there, im getting a little bit crazy right now, im building my first racing quad all by myself (im an old guy and a noob), but cant get over a specific issue that kills all the fun.
I bought a FrSky Taranis plus (actually only because i didnt get it to work with my walkera devo7) and a FrSKY X4R 3/16CH receiver. I made a build with a cc3d evo,(250/3s,12Amps) nothing special i thought. so i build it all together,
i used Libre Pilot because i saw a lot of very specific and good youtube videos explaining everything and it looked so easy...
I could do acctually everything, could bind rx to tx, all motors work fine, etc.. except that i only have 4 freaking dammn channels for the main controls. that was the reason i actually bought a taranis and a receiver
with S.Bus in the first place, (actually i didnt cared about S.Bus i just wanted the newest s***) i want to program a bunch of stuff on every single knob on this damn thing. most of all different flight modes. but now i cant. i tried
for hours saw about every youtube video on the subject, read the manual which is ridiculous) and after hours of trying, updating every possible firmware etc.. realised i maby need to plug in some jumpers while binding. so i tried
that in every freaking possibility because there is no exact explanation on how, but it didnt helped either. i just have 4 channels to use. Can anybody maby have any tipps or links to good manuals?
i googled for hours in english and german sites but nothing useful did i found :-(

would be very thankfull for any input or what i could try. Otherwise i will probably switch to another flight controller board, any good advices?

Thanx so much for any help,

greetings Andrew

ps. i would also be happy to could just bind the X4R to the taranis anyhow to have more than 4 channels i dont care so much about s (s = s***? ) bus ;-)

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Have only 4 Channels available with Taranis / CC3D and FrSkyx4R, getting CRAZY

Post by MikeB »

To have more than 3 channels from the X4R you have to use the SBUS output, which gives all 16 channels. So you need to make sure your flight controller is set up to handle SBUS input.
What do you have set in the MIXER screen for channels 5 upwards on the Taranis?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
andruuid

Re: Have only 4 Channels available with Taranis / CC3D and FrSkyx4R, getting CRAZY

Post by andruuid »

hy, thank you very much for the input.. actually i have no idea what SBUS means.. and my taranis has nothing more than the 4 channels set up in the mixer-page.. i was thinking about it if i have to add the other things like flight mode, aux1, etc in the mix page.. but made no sence to me.. can you tell me what exactly i have to do?

greets, andrew
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Nothing in mixer page in ch 5 thru 16 means there will be no channels coming out of ch 5 thru 16.
You can use switches, pots and sliders as Source for Mixers.
Mixer
Ch 5 SD Weight (100)
would give values for switch D 's 3 positions
-100 SwDup
000 SwDmiddle
-100 SwDdown

You can get the X4R with 4 channels or X4rSB with 3 channels and SBus.
SBus can have all 16 channels that you provide a Mix for oin the mixer page.
SBus was, I believe, invented by Futaba, but made publicly available. It is a serial digital bus.

But I would suggest you look at
http://open-txu.org/
and
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8724&hilit=documentation+2.1
to get comprehensive information.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”