New guy looking for some help

Raydee

New guy looking for some help

Post by Raydee »

I am trying to duplicate a setup that I am using on my Futaba 18SZ for a camera Multicopter but for some reason I cannot wrap my head around the OpenTX channel setup YET. Here is what I am trying to duplicate. When I am in a certain flight mode, I call it Gimbal mode, I use channels 10 and 11 to control the pan and tilt on the gimbal using the right Ail and Ele stick. So in gimbal mode the multicopter is set to hover in one spot and the aileron and elevator stick no longer control those controls, they only control the pan and tilt of the gimbal. Once I switch out of gimbal mode the aileron and elevator control the multicopter like normal. Can someone explain the steps to making this work in OpenTX 2.2?

Carbo

Re: New guy looking for some help

Post by Carbo »

Assign switches to select your flightmodes (Flight Modes-Tab)
Setup all your mixes and check the flightmode(s), when the mix shall be valid (Mixes-Tab).
FM.png
FM.png (11 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
Raydee

Post by Raydee »

This is what I have for the input tab, is this part ok?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Carbo

Post by Carbo »

[I1]Ail and [I2]Ele are always your Inputs in all flightmodes. [I1]Ail and [I2]Ele control Aileron and Elevator and Tilt and Pan. But not simultaneously. Your Ch10 and Ch11 mixes are only ticked in your Gimbal flightmode e.g. FM1, your Aileron and Elevator mices are only ticked in flying flightmode e.g. FM0. The same Inputs control different mixes (channels) in your fllightmodes. Central element in OpenTX are the mixes, source(Input)->channel(Output).

You are used to switch the Inputs, but in OpenTX you switch the mixes on and off with the flightmodes checkbox.
Raydee

Post by Raydee »

Input.jpg
Ok so I got it to work, but now is there anyway to make flight mode Return the priority? What I mean is I want the radio to read Return when I hit the switch no matter what flight mode the radio is in. Right now it will only read Return if I am in FM0 only...if that makes sense.
Attachments
Mixes.jpg

Carbo

Post by Carbo »

Flight Mode 1 has highest priority. If it is switched on, it is always active, no matter, where you come from. The priority decreases with the FM numbers rising. But FM 0 is active, if no other FM is selected, FM 0 has lowest priority.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”