ErskyTx Test Versions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

ErskyTx Test Versions

Post by MikeB »

This is NOT intended as a thread for discussions, just as somewhere I can put test versions of ersky9x for people to try out.
The idea is I'll put a specific test version on here, with a reason why it is here. Later, when I have something else to test I'll remove that one and replace it with another.
This should stop lots of test versions all over the forum, and help avoid the forum taking up more space on the server than it needs to.

Mike.

Reason for test version: Main popup and MODEl SETUP index menu.
I've also done a significant change to the Taranis versions. This relates to the internal coding for mix inputs.
The reason is the Taranis has an extra analog input (the Plus has 2). I did have this in order with the other pots/sliders but this has the side effect that the internal codes for everything after are one more that the same item on the SKY and 9XR-PRO versions of ersky9x.
This makes swapping model files between Taranis and SKY not really work. The change makes the files very closely compatible. but will mean any models on the Taranis that use a mix input after SL (P3 on SKY) will need to be checked. This includes inputs like HALF, FULL, PPMx and other channels. The firmware does, however, make SR appear after SL when editing a mix.
REVERSE the right POT operation on Taranis

NOTE: 22-Jan-2024, r224 is now released (files on www.er9x.com), also eepskye r424 has been released.

The size of ersky9x_rom.bin may exceed 256K. On the AR9X board, make sure you have a bootloader rev 2.1 or later, or the flashing may not handle this size. On the SKY board (only 256K flash) use ersky9xs_rom.bin (s for small). This removes many languages to make it fit in the flash.
Versions that use new scripting language:
ersky9xr_rom226a.zip
19-Feb 2024 20:34
r226 with mixer task, but mixer task held off until needed. Includes firmware for the 9XR-PRO and AR9X boards.
(575.67 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
eePeInstall.zip
22-Jan-2024 21:46
www.er9x.com is now https instead of http.
eepe and eepskye don't work with the https so this is r424 that does.
This install file is also on www.er9x.com.
Test files below will soon be removed as r224 of erslyTx is now released, available at https://www.er9x.com
(10.3 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
ersky9xr_rom-r223.zip
25-Nov-2023 21:24
9XR-PRO release r223
(204.37 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
ersky9x9XT_rom.zip
19-Oct-2023 15:43
9Xtreme, add internal module crossfire protocol (turns internal module on and drives SPort with crossfire protocol)
Enable LUA scripts.
(298.57 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
erskyTxP14r224.zip
17-Oct-2023 18:13
All radios and eepskye.
Add 8th Flight mode.
Add INPUTS, 32 available, find them under Model Setup|Mixer. These may be used instead of the DR/EXPO options.
Inputs are not implemented on the original SKY board as there isn't enough flash space.
You will need to use the eepskye.exe with this test version as it handles the extra items in the model memory.

Before using this version, please backup your settings and models and make sure you are able to restore the previous firmware you are using.
(8.1 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
ersky9xr_romP13.zip
22-Jun-2023 11:32
9XR-PRO, fix INAV script Battery bug
(292.85 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
tx16s_romP13r224.zip
30-May-2023 23:06
Version for TX16S - change bind timing for MPM.
Single mix menu made touch friendly.
(327.64 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
eepskye5exe.zip
27-Mar-2023 19:17
Most recent build
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
tx16s_romp10r224.zip
25-Mar-2023 09:35
LUA improvements and some menu improvements for touch screen use.
(324.98 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
x9dp_romP10r224.zip
24-Mar-2023 12:00
Fix right justify for small text
Improve RAM space for LUA handling and reduce frequency of running scripts.
Fix some LUA bugs
(286.41 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
tx16s_rom.zip
18-Jan-2023 19:13
Test version for RM TX16S with changed timing when using the Lemon DSM module. Also fixes a bug at startup processing data from the Lemon module.
This version also includes TOUCH screen support, with some menus improved to work better with touch.
(315.81 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
x7_X9DP_test.zip
17-Jan-2023 16:11
Test versions for QX7 and X9Dplus with changed timing when using the Lemon DSM module.
(570.09 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
ersky9x_romP7r224.zip
24-Dec-2022 19:35
AR9X board allows LUA scripts as well as BASIC scripts. RAM for BASIC is dynamically allocated, allowing more RAM for LUA. LUA scripts have limited RAM unless the CPU is changed to a '4S8 (has 128K RAM instead of 64K).
(286.06 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
tx16s_romP6r224.zip
13-Dec-2022 18:07
TX16S - Fix DSM bind using internal module not completing correctly
(309.16 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
ersky9xr_romP5R224.zip
18-Sep-2022 15:03
9XR-PRO - fix 8-cell FLVS not being detected
(204.83 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
x9e_romP3r224.zip
26-Mar-2022 21:23
X9E fix logical switches as mix source bug.
(200.67 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
x9e_romP1r224.zip
23-Mar-2022 16:19
Fix SDv switch problem in voice alerts
(200.53 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
tx16s_romP1r224.zip
18-Mar-2022 15:42
Attempt to fix TX16S splash screen problem
(307.99 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
FlashElrs_atmel.zip
27-Jun-2021 21:41
First attempt at flash ELRS
(14.13 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
eepskye5.zip
15-Nov-2020 23:00
Test versions of eepskye and eepe, both built using QT5.
eepskye includes a log file viewer (copied from openTx companion thanks). Logfiles before the change to erskyTx that allows companion to view them are supported.
Install by extracting all files, keeping the directory structure, to a suitable directory.
(13.34 MiB) Downloaded 598 times
eepskye.zip
20-Jul-2020 22:08
Try to fix writing to TX16S EEPROM
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 614 times
eepskye5.zip
01-Jun-2020 19:59
Test version of eepskye for windows that supports reading/writing the "EEPROM" on X10/X12 radios.
Install by extracting all files, keeping the directory structure, to a suitable directory.
(11.79 MiB) Downloaded 619 times
eepskye-i386.zip
16-Apr-2020 10:29
eepskye for Linux .deb install
Fix Wizard and curve editing bugs
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 736 times
eepskye.zip
22-Feb-2019 23:12
A (third) definite test version with scroll bars and a resizeable window.
Some windows changed to improve the display.
This may help on displays with large fonts set.
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 1130 times
---------
opentx.zip
Test version of openTx r2940 for Taranis 14-Aug-2014 16:55
Minor change to "maintenance mode" to report "No Files" if directory is empty
This is r2940 with the addition of "maintenance mode" to allow SPort device update
(153.38 KiB) Downloaded 1528 times
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

kaos

Re: Ersky9x Test Versions

Post by kaos »

May be with a narration of what this test version is testing and changes are involved comparing to the latest version or whichever version it is trying to compare?
then no one else would post anything else here. You can lock the thread that only you can make/update post.
skylark

Post by skylark »

Mike,
Just tried the latest test version (r202), Looks good so far. Still playing around with the model store feature, really impressive. I'm really chuffed to bits with it. Brilliant. Great job mike.
Stan.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not, is a fool: SHUN HIM.

He who knows and knows he knows, is a wise man : SEEK HIM

But he who knows not and knows he knows not, is a baby: TEACH HIM.
Toxi81

Post by Toxi81 »

Hello MikeB,

I tried your newest test firmware ersky9x_rom from 18.june.2014 on my ersky v3 board, but the transmiter module ASSAN X8J doesn't work in PPM mode. Older firmwares work correctly. Can you help me with this?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll need to check. For the 9XR-PRO, I had to make PPM drive out as open collector to let the transmitter power off properly when using PPM with a Turnigy module.
It is very likely this change is also in for the standard SKY board. I'll check, and remove the open collector drive for the SKY board. I may need to make it an option!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Toxi81

Post by Toxi81 »

Thanks, I will wait for new version rom which will fix it.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Try the one I posted on the 21-Jun, the open drain/collector driver should only be in for the 9XR-PRO. The ordinary SKY board now always drives low and high.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Toxi81

Post by Toxi81 »

Hello Mike,

I tried your last version ersky9x_rom from 27.june and it works correctly. Thanks for your support with the problem in PPM mode...
idar66

Post by idar66 »

hi mike great job with esky9xr ive got taranis and 9xr pro, ive been using open tx until pro arrived, i upgraded 9xr pro to lastest esky9xr and im loving it took mr awhile but i getting there, can you tell me does verson 204 have your updates for sport updates and sbus inprovements like on lastest test versions, also the esky9xr zip do you just paste it into eepee folder to replace the old one already installed, thanks for help idar
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

r204 does NOT support PXX and SPort on the 'PRO, I think these were in from r211.
For eepskye, just copy the .exe from the .zip file into the eepe folder. You might rename or move the existing eepskye.exe first just in case you need to revert to it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
GhostSharp

Post by GhostSharp »

Hi Mike,

The ersky9xProvR218i.zip is valid for 9XR PRO too?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, just use ersky9xr_rom.bin.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, the version "ersky9xProvR219h" from today has only mavlink updates? or also some other features/options that need testing? Just that I know what to look for after I've flashed it..

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The only thing other than Mavlink is when you are selecting the protocol within MULTI, if you go past the known, named options, it displays a number up to 31. This is a start to allow extra protocols in the MULTI module to be accessed without needing an immediate update to ersky9x.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
nuttybrewer

Post by nuttybrewer »

Hi Mike,

I'm struggling with the telemetry from my APM to my 9XR-Pro. I'm using a combo of XJT/X8R from FrSky and I have them bound in D16 mode and my model is using the Pxx protocol. I also have the HobbyKing cable that connects the serial port on the XJT module to the Futaba Trainer port on the top of the 9xrPro. I zapped the latest r219h code from this site.

On the quad side, I installed an AirborneProjects module instead of the Teensy-based APM_Mavlink_to_FrSky. I'm assuming they do the same job. I also configured my APM2.7.2 board as per AirborneProject's quick start guide https://www.airborneprojects.com/wp-con ... -Guide.pdf

I configured the model's A1 variable to have a multiplier of 4.7 which pegs the reading at 12v on the telemetry screen. The only other reading that seems to indicate a value is RSSI which fluctuates. I'm also getting an inconsistency between selecting COM1 and COM2 for the telemetry. If I select COM1, I get a voice alert "Telemetry Signal Acquired" and the RSSI value appears (A1 gets pegged to 12v). If I set to COM2 I get a voice alert "Telemetry Signal Lost" and then all values stay at 0. In both cases, all other values don't seem to register. Telemetry from the Mission Planner seems to work as expected (battery, RSSI, GPS, Flight mode, etc.).

Is there any troubleshooting I can do from the radio to at least confirm I'm getting a signal from the telemetry port?

Could the AirborneProjects module be what's wrong here?

Thanks,
Pat
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

nuttybrewer wrote:Hi Mike,

I'm struggling with the telemetry from my APM to my 9XR-Pro. I'm using a combo of XJT/X8R from FrSky and I have them bound in D16 mode and my model is using the Pxx protocol. I also have the HobbyKing cable that connects the serial port on the XJT module to the Futaba Trainer port on the top of the 9xrPro. I zapped the latest r219h code from this site.
With the XJT module, you DO NOT use the telemetry cable between the module and the futaba trainer port.. That is only for the DJT module. The XJT is directly supported by the radio.
In the telemetry menu/frsky com port, select COM1.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've had a quick look at the source code for that device, it looks as though a lot of it is compatible, I'll need to have a closer look to confirm. It does seem to map most of the expected values onto suitable FrSky values.

As João says, use COM1, the 'PRO has an internal connection to the XJT so doesn't need the external cable.
Have you selected "ArduC" as the "Usr. Proto" in the telemetry menu?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
nuttybrewer

Post by nuttybrewer »

Ok, just got some Teensy 3.2 boards from PJRC. I loaded the APM_Mavlink_to_FrSky code into Arduino IDE (after installing the Teensyduino extra libraries).

At first it complained about clockspeed, so I dropped it to 16Mhz, now it says there's an error:
APM_Mavlink_to_FrSky:179: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
ISR(USART_RX_vect)

I'm probably missing some libraries?

Mike, is there a github repository for this code? Your account only shows the ER9X code, just wondering (would make it easier for me than downloading ZIP files)

Also, is there a .hex file I could just upload to the teensy instead of compiling?
Razzor

Post by Razzor »

Hello Mike,

First off, thank you for your awesome work with this firmware. I have a 9XR-PRO with a HC-05 BT module and have tested some of the latest test versions 219g,i,j. However, I have some problems with the telemetry.

My telemetry setup:
APM 2.6 <-> OrangeRX with ULRS frimware <--AIR--> OrangeRx with ULRS firmware <-> Dual channel inverter <-> 9XR-PRO

So as you see I use a inverter to invert the serial communication between the OrangeRX module and the 9XR-PRO due to that the interface is inverted. The 9XR-PRO is also modded so that COM2 is used. I have selected ArduC as protocol and the correct baudrates etc. The settings seems to be correct because when I choose the BTDirect function I can connect with my phone and send/receive data to the APM, no problems at all here.

But, to get the BTDirect function to start working I have to first set the option to FMSserial and then back to BTDirect. I have to do this at every restart of the 9XR-PRO. I also don´t get any telemetry in 9XR-PRO with COM2 Func. set to Telemetry. With this setting I also don´t get any connection over BT (BT Telemetry is ON).

Best Regards
// Lukas
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

nuttybrewer wrote:At first it complained about clockspeed, so I dropped it to 16Mhz, now it says there's an error:
APM_Mavlink_to_FrSky:179: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
ISR(USART_RX_vect)

I'm probably missing some libraries?

Mike, is there a github repository for this code? Your account only shows the ER9X code, just wondering (would make it easier for me than downloading ZIP files)
The code is written for the Atmel AVR processor (ATMEGA328 on an Arduino pro mini), so the ISR is specific for that processor. It will very likely need to be re-coded for a Teensy. I've not got a Teensy or done any coding for one.

I haven't put the code onto Github (yet).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Razzor wrote:My telemetry setup:
APM 2.6 <-> OrangeRX with ULRS frimware <--AIR--> OrangeRx with ULRS firmware <-> Dual channel inverter <-> 9XR-PRO

So as you see I use a inverter to invert the serial communication between the OrangeRX module and the 9XR-PRO due to that the interface is inverted. The 9XR-PRO is also modded so that COM2 is used. I have selected ArduC as protocol and the correct baudrates etc. The settings seems to be correct because when I choose the BTDirect function I can connect with my phone and send/receive data to the APM, no problems at all here.

But, to get the BTDirect function to start working I have to first set the option to FMSserial and then back to BTDirect. I have to do this at every restart of the 9XR-PRO. I also don´t get any telemetry in 9XR-PRO with COM2 Func. set to Telemetry. With this setting I also don´t get any connection over BT (BT Telemetry is ON).
The ArduC protocol selection is for when you use an Arduino pro mini to collect the MavLink data and convert it for transmission over the FrSky telemetry link. I haven't got as far as processing native MavLink, received on COM2, yet.

There is probably a baudrate problem on COM2. When you select telemetry, the baudrate is set for the expected telemetry according to the protocol to the Tx module. THis probably needs a few changes.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The Aduino code is now on Github:
https://github.com/MikeBland/APM_Mavlink_to_FrSky.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to investigate the COM2 to BT function.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
nuttybrewer

Post by nuttybrewer »

Ok thanks a lot Mike! I just configured the Teensy for the converter code linked from the copter.ardupilot.com telemetry site. I'm getting GPS values, A1, the flight mode, etc.

Just a quick question, on the main HUD screen, there's a little battery icon at the top and it keeps flashing at 0% (Even though the A1 reading right next to it is getting my battery voltage at a value that seems proper). Should I be mapping something else in the configs?

Thanks,
Pat
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The battery icon shows the FUEL value, not the voltage. This relies on the current being measured and having a correct battery capacity entered in the APM.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Razzor wrote:But, to get the BTDirect function to start working I have to first set the option to FMSserial and then back to BTDirect. I have to do this at every restart of the 9XR-PRO.
What setting do you have for "FrSky Com Port"?
There is a potential conflict between this setting and the "Com2 Function" setting. If you want to use Com2 for something other than telemetry, you (currently) need to make sure "FrSky Com Port" is set to 1.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
nuttybrewer

Post by nuttybrewer »

Hi All,

One very frustrating thing about developing new features on these newsgroups is that threads and stuff get lost. Could I invite everybody to log issues on Github instead? https://github.com/MikeBland/APM_Mavlin ... Sky/issues
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

May we please move this discussion to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8396.
This thread here is not meant for discussions, as mentioned in the first post.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
tomismrkolj1

Post by tomismrkolj1 »

Mike,

I tried newest verisons. Arudino did not want to compile so i removed "f" after airspeed * 10 (instead airspeed * 10f).
Now numbers fluctuate (40 to 50), but do not seem to be mutiple of 0,9 to 1,8, which is usual fluctuation when pitot tube is closed - not in flight).

tomi
CptanPanic

Post by CptanPanic »

nuttybrewer wrote:Hi All,

One very frustrating thing about developing new features on these newsgroups is that threads and stuff get lost. Could I invite everybody to log issues on Github instead? https://github.com/MikeBland/APM_Mavlin ... Sky/issues
I see that you are starting to use the Releases feature on github also? It would def make it easier to see when new stable release is ready for ersky9xr
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Sorry for jumping in here Mike.

Hi CptanPanic,
When you use eepSkye on your PC, it will auto check for new firmware updates.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”