Complete Noob Help Wanted

SuperflyFPV

Complete Noob Help Wanted

Post by SuperflyFPV »

I just received the SmartieParts board for Christmas and I have already installed it with everything working properly. I do however have a few questions as to how to use the new software. I am wondering how I could add voice to my transmitter (I think i'll need to use a micro sd card with some files downloaded. If that's the case then once I have downloaded the files and put it in the transmitter how do I access them). I would also like to add a welcome voice every time I turn it on. I have set a transmitter low battery alarm and a timer alarm, but it only beeps once for each alarm. I would like them to tell me with voice if my transmitter battery is low or if my timer is up (I currently do not have a telemetry module installed so I use the timer to time my quadcopters flights) until I reset the timer or replace the transmitter battery. I can not think of anything else that I would need help with. If there are any cool features which I may be unaware about that would be worth looking into could you please also let me know.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Complete Noob Help Wanted

Post by MikeB »

Yes, you need to put a SD card in, with the voice files on it. Then you will get the "welcome" voice message and be able to easily add all the voice warnings you need.
There is a .zip file with all the voice files here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7715.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
SuperflyFPV

Post by SuperflyFPV »

MikeB wrote:Yes, you need to put a SD card in, with the voice files on it. Then you will get the "welcome" voice message and be able to easily add all the voice warnings you need.
There is a .zip file with all the voice files here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7715.

Mike.
Ok thanks. One more question how do I make the alarms continue until I solve the problem. Like make the timer alarm go until I reset the timer and make the battery alarm go until the voltage is at an exceptable level
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please get this manual:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6473

This is for er9x which has a few less features than ersky9x, but the basics are the same. Read the voice chapter. It explains how to program different voice events. The only difference is that er9x only use numbered voice files while ersky9x also uses named voice files... The rest is basically the same..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ckleanth

Post by ckleanth »

OK, got the 9XExtreme board installed and the taranis gimbals sorted. everything seems to work with the stock 9XExtreme firmware.

got the Voice pack for Ersky9X_16Khz.zip files
got the latest Eepskye (editor) for 9XTreme board software for Windows and Linux Operating Systems [at the bottom right of the page - NOT ON THE LEFT] from http://www.er9x.com/

the eepe editor release notes is er9x rev 811 but the about page is revision 419 October 25 2015. However in the configuration page I cant seem to find the 9XExtreme board.

I know about the test versions but question is where do we get the newest stable tx firmware?

I'm I'm a bit confused - and I'm not completely alien to the project - I think others struggle as well... is there a way to clean up the old and obsolete er9x stuff?

thanks
If it has wings it will fly...

Barkie

Post by Barkie »

Hi guys,

I've just received my 9xtreme board and installed it without major issues, but now I believe I'm having the same problem as OP.

To give some context, I had a 9x Programmer with er9x and two Taranis gimbals and a FrSky XJT. With this setup the values for all axis were _perfectly_ stable. I mean that whatever motion I did with the gimbals, be it full throttle, yaw, etc., or half way through, the values would stay stable. This was true at the radio (DIAGANA and the main screen where you can see the values) and, for example, on the radio calibration screen of Mission Planner.

After installing the 9xtreme the values of the gimbals, be where the sticks might, are always "twitching", with a variation of +/-2 in very fast succession. This used to happen with the original gimbals but not with this much variation and much slower. And, as OP said, I can't also make throtlle do -100/100, and a couple of hours ago I could just fine with the old setup.

If needed I can try to make a video of whats happening.

I already opened it up again and rechecked for anything wrong but can't see it.
Any ideas on how to make the gimbal values stable again.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

When reading the stick values, er9x uses "over sampling". On the 9Xtreme with ersky9x, you may choose between "single", "over sampling" and "filtered". er9x used to have this, but I saved flash space by removing the option.
On ersky9x, you will find this setting on the hardware menu. Recent versions of ersky9x protect the hardware menu from access. To enable it, if it is protected, power on the radio while holding the left horizontal trim switch to the left, releasing it as soon as the splash screen appears.
Then go to the hardware menu and change "Filter ADC" to "OSMP" (from "SING").

If you find the sticks seem to have a different centre depending on the last direction of movement, the hardware menu also allows you to set a deadband for each stick.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Barkie wrote:I believe I'm having the same problem as OP.
The OP didn't have any problems, just needed clarification for voice files. Did you intend to reply to a different thread?
Barkie

Post by Barkie »

s_mack, yes.... :oops:

I meant to post here: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=8305

Sorry...
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote:When reading the stick values, er9x uses "over sampling". On the 9Xtreme with ersky9x, you may choose between "single", "over sampling" and "filtered". er9x used to have this, but I saved flash space by removing the option.

Mike.
Mike, Wouldn't be better to remove SING from the 9xtreme as it seems to be very noisy? Or at least make OSMP the default?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ckleanth

Post by ckleanth »

ckleanth wrote:OK, got the 9XExtreme board installed and the taranis gimbals sorted. everything seems to work with the stock 9XExtreme firmware.

got the Voice pack for Ersky9X_16Khz.zip files
got the latest Eepskye (editor) for 9XTreme board software for Windows and Linux Operating Systems [at the bottom right of the page - NOT ON THE LEFT] from http://www.er9x.com/

the eepe editor release notes is er9x rev 811 but the about page is revision 419 October 25 2015. However in the configuration page I cant seem to find the 9XExtreme board.

I know about the test versions but question is where do we get the newest stable tx firmware?

I'm I'm a bit confused - and I'm not completely alien to the project - I think others struggle as well... is there a way to clean up the old and obsolete er9x stuff?

thanks
questions that I have in bold. thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

With the move from googlecode to Github, and other things, I haven't been getting 'proper' releases out. I'm trying to get that sorted now. I hope to get everything out as a release very soon, then do later releases more frequently with only a few changes from the previous release.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ckleanth

Post by ckleanth »

MikeB wrote:With the move from googlecode to Github, and other things, I haven't been getting 'proper' releases out. I'm trying to get that sorted now. I hope to get everything out as a release very soon, then do later releases more frequently with only a few changes from the previous release.

Mike.
Appreciated and I know you do this by yourself, just wanted to say thanks mate.

You are literally a super human.

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”