9XR tx stand

Hardware Support for the 9XR
ShowMaster

9XR tx stand

Post by ShowMaster »

Anyone buy and mount one yet? I have several and after following the pictures it seems to be too narrow, the metal are rods too short.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

crocky

Re: 9XR tx stand

Post by crocky »

Still waiting for the XR, stand and Programmer to be sent...

I'll tell you when I get it :)
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I got mine finally. A lot of parts. I gave up on the top bar and only used the bottom with a nut on each end as a spacer. With the nuts I was able to tighten up the whole mount to be solid with only one cross bar. Using the lower one clears a Frsky and orange DSM module and allows easy module replacement. The added nuts makes the whole mount squared off. Without them I gave up trying.
Here are some pictures of my final setup. Feel free to comment on other options.
The nuts are added to the inside section on the bar. They added the additional spacing I needed between the vertical legs to work right for me.
It's certainly not like the little posted parts diagram shows so I'm open for ideas but it's working great for me.
Hopefully we'll get more inputs on how's it's done.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
crocky

Post by crocky »

Still waiting for mine to be sent. I see that you have the FrSky module too, that is what I will use as well. Just need the programmer to complete the order and then they will send it.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

As modified, with one bar, and 2 added nuts as spacers, I can insert and remove modules with out issues.
Sorry your programmer is healed up.
The FW you have installed is pretty good and us a stable version of er9x. Your programmer will give you a newer version as well as a openTX to try.
Two very feature packed firmwares.

stryker

Post by stryker »

Hi

We have one on ours. It's installed as per the photos on hobbyking (finally) with all bits used. Was a bit of a puzzle working out where all the pieces go, but turned out fine.

Our OrangeRX DSM2 module can be removed and inserted without removing the stand, and with both cross-bars used. The stand lays flat when folded in, but that module is flush with the back of the transmitter unlike others in the examples above. The antenna port on the module pokes out neatly between the cross bars. We have the Turnigy hard case and it still fits in there fine too.

It has proven quite useful, so if we get a 2nd 9XR I'll be ordering the stand with it for sure.
Geoff
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Pictures please. I couldn't get all the parts to allow the two side plastic pieces to be wide enough and parallel?

stryker

Post by stryker »

I didn't keep the side pieces parallel. The stand is narrower at the bottom than it is at the hinge end. I just measured it as 3mm but it is visibly narrower. I could probably back off the screws on the horizontal bars to change that, but I don't mind the look as-is.

Geoff
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

actually I'd like it to be wider at the bottom for obvious reasons :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
stryker

Post by stryker »

jhsa wrote:actually I'd like it to be wider at the bottom for obvious reasons :)

João
You'd think so, but the transmitter body itself is far wider than the stand so it owns the stability in that crosswise direction. I don't think it would be any less stable if the stand was a pole.

Geoff
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

the back of the tx is not flat. the middle section is higher, so, when on a table only the middle section touches it. lay it flat on the table and try to hit a button ;)

with the stand, only the middle part will touch the table, and not the complete bottom of the radio.. that will make it unstable. therefore I wouldn't mind if the stand was wider at the bottom :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”