Servos have uneven throw?

Hardware Support for the 9XR
sunnybreeze

Servos have uneven throw?

Post by sunnybreeze »

I need help tweaking my full house glider. Using a Turnigy Er9X and all is good BUT the elevator and rudder has uneven throws. One direction will go 100% and the other is only 30 or 40%. On screen #1 it even shows the bar is weighted to one direction so I have less throw. The trims are centered so how do I get back to even throw each way? If I go to Edit Mix the source is ELE, weight is 100%, Offset is 0, Fl Modetrim is OFF, Trim is ON, curve is ---. Again if I'm at the model first screen the sliding bars are weighted to one side which makes no sense to me. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Steve in Maine

Kilrah

Re: Servos have uneven throw?

Post by Kilrah »

Are your sticks properly calibrated?
What do you have on the limits page?
sunnybreeze

Post by sunnybreeze »

The limits are -30 -100. You may be correct and I'm not calibrated. Let me check and get back to you!

Thanks
Steve
sunnybreeze

Post by sunnybreeze »

Just checked calibration of sticks and it's fine! I'm baffled why I can't get the servo to center up

Steve
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Pretty obvious that it is a result of the limits being 100/30 as you say. Set them both to 100 and carry on.

Ted

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

sunnybreeze wrote:The limits are -30 -100.
Then you have set your servo to move 30% on one side and 100% on the other. It's thus pretty obvious why it does just that :D
sunnybreeze

Post by sunnybreeze »

One would think that but I tried to reset 100 in each direction and no joy. I'm starting to think I have corrupted program. Can it have anything to do with some screwed up EXPO setting?
sunnybreeze

Post by sunnybreeze »

Never Mind! I'm such a Newbie. I went into Limits and fixed it all. Thanks for the guidance and can go go flying!! I love forums where one can get help.

Steve

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”