Mega 2560 radio

Help and support for any other brand radios
WillD7545

Mega 2560 radio

Post by WillD7545 »

Hey guys, I converted over an old skysport 6 with a mega clone. I'm having a few hiccups with things. First thing is that I only have one pot hooked up, but all three inputs seem to respond to it. When I have a second pot hooked up, pot one is fine, but pot two will function pot inputs two and three. Is this normal? The other thing is that when I function the pot the battery voltage display moves. I can only adjust it in the radio setup menu with the pot, but when out of the menu it still changes the value. I don't have the u_batt input connected, could this be the reason? Anyways, here's some pictures of it pretty much finished.

Kilrah

Re: Mega 2560 radio

Post by Kilrah »

Everything is normal, an unconnected analog input will read the same as the last one that was sampled.
WillD7545

Post by WillD7545 »

Kilrah wrote:Everything is normal, an unconnected analog input will read the same as the last one that was sampled.
Cool deal, thanks. Only think now that I'm fighting with is that companion can't communicate with the radio over usb after I write a firmware file to it. I have to use usbasp to modify models and have to completely rewrite the boot loader to be able to write an firmware again over usb.

Will
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Did you try to configure the programmer type to "arduino" in companion? I reckon it should work that way. No guarantees though as OpenTX has never been expected to be running with a 3rd party bootloader. On the 9x the flash amount was so tight that it was impossible to include a bootloader meaning an external programmer would always be needed anyway.
WillD7545

Post by WillD7545 »

Kilrah wrote:Did you try to configure the programmer type to "arduino" in companion? I reckon it should work that way. No guarantees though as OpenTX has never been expected to be running with a 3rd party bootloader. On the 9x the flash amount was so tight that it was impossible to include a bootloader meaning an external programmer would always be needed anyway.
I did. Didn't work.

Return to “Other Radios”