Jr PCM 9xii

Help and support for any other brand radios
benfpv

Jr PCM 9xii

Post by benfpv »

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been cover or not at all, I have done some extensive searching but haven't found anything. I was wondering if my JR PCM 9xii radio would be able to be flashed with a version of er9x. I really like the software but also really like my jr radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ben.
Attachments
transmitter-173.jpg
transmitter-173.jpg (14.09 KiB) Viewed 7361 times

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Jr PCM 9xii

Post by MikeB »

Well it would depend on what processor is in it to start with. Then, if a suitable processor, it needs someone with such a Tx and the time to find out what all the connections are to the processor, what they do, then write all the code to use them.

Since the case is much the same the Taranis, your best bet would be to get the mainboard, backboard and LCD as spares for the Taranis and fit them. Then it is a matter of connecting up the buttons and encoder and much less firmware to be written to use them.
Still would need quite a bit of work and a JR to do though.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
benfpv

Post by benfpv »

I would be really keen to get a version of the software on there and would be willing to pay for someone's time to get this happening. I quite dislike using my JR after using the er9x. However if it's too much work I might just have to sell it and get a taranis like you say. Cheers for the reply.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

yes, once you learn how to work with these open source firmware, you just can't go back.. I can't.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Seems to me it is not really worth the effort.

Cheaper to just buy a taranis!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

benfpv

Post by benfpv »

Yes I agree, I'm putting my JR up for sale this evening and purchasing a Taranis. Gotta love openrc!

Thanks for the replies,
Ben

Return to “Other Radios”