SD Card and Bootloader not Working

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
YJWR

SD Card and Bootloader not Working

Post by YJWR »

After opening up my Taranis to change my gimbal tension (I have successfully done this before), my Taranis will no longer read the SD card (no sound/model images). It will also not open correctly in bootloader mode; when it turns on, it is a blank blue screen (with the boatloader words up top), but not the usual 'Write firmware' etc options. When I turn the radio off, on the bootloader screen, nothing happens - it remains on until I unplug the battery.

Help...?

ShowMaster

Re: SD Card and Bootloader not Working

Post by ShowMaster »

Check that all connectors are seated. It's posable one is pulled out enough to not make context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Never, but never, separate both halves of the taranis without removing the battery first. It can fry your radio. Did you do that?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
YJWR

Post by YJWR »

jhsa wrote:Never, but never, separate both halves of the taranis without removing the battery first. It can fry your radio. Did you do that?

João
I did remove the battery.

ShowMaster wrote:Check that all connectors are seated. It's posable one is pulled out enough to not make context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is there a particular connector related to the SD card or boot loader that I should pay particular attention to.

By the way is the SD card not being read and the bootloader not starting likely to be related, or is it coincidence that both issues occurred at the same time?

Thanks

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”