Taranis - plus will not bind (EU LBT)

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
goldendry

Taranis - plus will not bind (EU LBT)

Post by goldendry »

I recently upgraded to the Taranis -plus, but it will not bind for love nor money.
It us the EU-LBT version and came with the X8R receiver. I also bought an XSR.
The same thing happens for both. When trying g to bind, is set for bind on Taranis, hold the f/c button on receiver and power up. Both red and green light cone on solid. I then disconnect power, end bind, then power on receiver. It then flashes red light (not bound)

I have tried updating all the firmwares, both EU and nonEU, still the same thing happens.

I've been trying g thus for days now and am ready to throw it out the window quickly followed by me jumping out the window.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be eternally grateful.

Cheers

jan724

Re: Taranis - plus will not bind (EU LBT)

Post by jan724 »

This question has been posted for some time without anybody coming up with an answer.
I have the same problem with my newly bought Taranis. Could some body come up with a solution
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you are certain that the module and receiver firmwares match and that you have the internal module on in D16 mode, only a defective part would cause that. If you have 2 receivers and none work it is most likely the radio, return it for warranty repair/exchange.
lancaster

Post by lancaster »

Have you tried flashing the both the TX and RX with International firmware
nivS1978

Post by nivS1978 »

March 2017 and I have the same problem. Green and Red light when binding and non way to bind. I have two receivers I bought at the same time as my radio, and they are bound and work. I bought an RX8R by mistake, but I guess the bind procedure is the same. I upgraded both the OpenTX to version 2.1.19 and the Taranis software to 2.0.9.2. EU versions. I then upgraded the firmware in the RX8R to the latest version (170117). But still no way to bind. I am afraid that my two original receivers has stopped working, but who makes such crappy firmware that is not backwards compatible?
Next is to flash with international firmware on both radio and recievers. I already spend several hours on this. I am also minutes from throwing everything in the trash and going back to my Spectrum where everything works with no firmware upgrades ever.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As the thread suggests you didn't need to touch anything of that, just flash the RX8R to the same international/EU standard as the rest of your gear.
nivS1978

Post by nivS1978 »

I found in another forum that you should upgrade both OpenTX, the FrSky Taranis and apparently the internal transmitter or JXT. I upgraded with the JXT firmware 151223. Now it works with the new receiver all EU firmware. But 4 things had to be upgraded before working. OpenTX, Taranis "OS", JXT and reciever for all the things to be able to communicate.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Hi nivS1978,
I think you mean the XJT module and so XJT firmware.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
mark54

Post by mark54 »

Hi im having the same problem. If the rx be it a x6r or x8r are set in bind mode with failsafe pressed without going in to bind on the taranis would i get solid red and green lights. I also am stood on my window ledge ready to jump.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Click on photo to zoom in to view Binding Procedure, it gives what the LED's light colors should be:
X8R Receiver Manual
X8R Receiver Manual
Most of the time I use Mode 5 when binding (no jumpers).
What Binding Mode are you using ? :?:

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”