Any reason to NOT run an XJT and DSM2 simultaneously?

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
pmullen503

Any reason to NOT run an XJT and DSM2 simultaneously?

Post by pmullen503 »

I want to run a camera and gimbal setup on a plane I have. The plane already has a "D" series receiver bound in D8 mode to my Taranis but doesn't have enough spare channels to run the camera. My Taranis has a DSM hack module in the external bay.

I hooked up the camera and gimbal to a 6ch DSM2 receiver. I bound a D6FR receiver to the internal XJT (Channels 7-12) and the DSM2 receiver to the hack module and it worked! I can control both the model and the camera simultaneously. My range tests were OK and the D6FR's RSSI seems unaffected by the DSM module simultaneous operation (at least on the ground.)

I was surprised it worked at all. Is there any reason I shouldn't try to fly this?

(Still running r2940 firmware)

Kilrah

Re: Any reason to NOT run an XJT and DSM2 simultaneously?

Post by Kilrah »

All good, the worst that may happen is premature loss of telemetry but without impact on control.
So don't freak out if you get a telemetry lost alarm at normal range.
Potential loss of control of the camera is possible due to the D6FR transmitting telemetry out but wouldn't be too bad.

Sent via mobile
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

So the processor can handle the Spektrum serial and the ppm(?) for the Frsky simultaneously?
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Yes
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”