How to make the quad coptor more tame

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
dhardjono

How to make the quad coptor more tame

Post by dhardjono »

:D My quad copter move with a little stick movement un like the futaba t8j it has a delay little when moving side to side or forward reverse and yaw .I did the expo to -60 to each a-e-r no throttle and make the switch sa to activate all on and off but it still a bit touchy i gain down that helps any other way to curve it down?. Also how do you installed the antenna with those 2 long boxes on the futaba i make an L . Also the timer setting it to thr it will count down before i even lift of how do i set it when i actually push the throttle up start like 5 percent up wow i am asking to much question. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
2013-12-20 23.24.46.jpg

X650Morgan

Re: How to make the quad coptor more tame

Post by X650Morgan »

Daniel this is really for programming, you are best to take those basic questions to here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1914834

Read the manual and watch the videos then come back here

David
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I'm not an expert on quad copters but I do notice that you said you set the expo to -60.

If that really does mean minus 60, it will make things much worse. The usual purpose of expo is to reduce control rate around neutral while still maintaining the same total throw; this is what you need. For Taranis (as well as JR, Spektrum and others, but NOT Futaba or Hitec) this is called POSITIVE expo. So using minus 60 will give you a lot of what you don't want -- sensitivity around the middle.

I agree with the above post that you need to visit other forums, but I would suggest that you might do better going to forums devoted to multicopters of your type.

Hope this helps a bit.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I'm not an expert on quad copters but I do notice that you said you set the expo to -60.

If that really does mean minus 60, it will make things much worse. The usual purpose of expo is to reduce control rate around neutral while still maintaining the same total throw; this is what you need. For Taranis (as well as JR, Spektrum and others, but NOT Futaba or Hitec) this is called POSITIVE expo. So using minus 60 will give you a lot of what you don't want -- sensitivity around the middle.
dhardjono

Post by dhardjono »

ok so it + expo let me try thanks

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Good catch. I believe that might be his prpblem. I used negatve expo once on my tricopter to make the yaw more aggressive around the center ;)

Joao

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”