Taranis Q X7 EU-LBT to International

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
feiticeir0

Taranis Q X7 EU-LBT to International

Post by feiticeir0 »

Hi all !
First of all, thank you for having me in this forum.
I'm a previous Flysky owner (FS-i6) and the radio just started to give me problems (after 3 years working flawlessly) and Ive decided to buy a new one.

This is probably a noob question, but I just received my Q X7 today from hobbyking and It comes with European Firmware. I have a new drone with D8 received and I know that the EU firmware doesn't has that option.

I haven't connected yet my radio to the computer . Already have the OpenTX Companion installed and ready to upgrade to OpenTX .
My questions are:

- Can I go from a EU-LBT firmware to OpenTX non-EU ? (without ticking the EU option in the firmware update page) . Do I need to also update the XJT module ?

- Does EU modules (I have two XM receivers EU in route) bind with non-eu ? Can I replace the receivers firmware with non-eu versions ?

Thank you and sorry for the noob questions

Kilrah

Re: Taranis Q X7 EU-LBT to International

Post by Kilrah »

You do not need to change module firmware to bind to D8, just reflash OpenTX without the "eu" option selected so as to make the choice available in the menu.

It is module firmware that is either LBT or non-eu, not OpenTX.
feiticeir0

Post by feiticeir0 »

Thank you for the answer ! I'm more clarified now ! Will update as soon as possible !
feiticeir0

Post by feiticeir0 »

Do the receivers also need to be update for non-eu ? I've read that the eu firmware doesn't bind with non-eu !
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you have non-EU X receivers then yes you would need to flash them with EU firmware, but D receivers are not affected.

feiticeir0

Post by feiticeir0 »

Thank you !

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”