Taranis Doesn't Show On PC?

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Aburn09

Taranis Doesn't Show On PC?

Post by Aburn09 »

HI ive been using my Taranis on my Pc with no problems when I plug the tx into the pc I could see both taranis drive and the sd card......however now I cant ? The pc makes the connection noise but no drives appear ? When I go into the pc's device manager and check the usb connection I can see the Taranis driver I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and used Zadig everything is correct but it just wont show on the pc ? I have treid plugging my taranis into two friends pc's and it shows up on theirs ok ?
So why all of a sudden has my drivers dissapeared ? I am running windows 10 and it did update a day or so ago so what would the update of done if that is the cause and how do i get my pc to see the taranis again ?
Attachments
Zadig.JPG
Bootloader.JPG
No Taranis Drives.JPG

jtaylor

Re: Taranis Doesn't Show On PC?

Post by jtaylor »

Zadig installed drivers should only be used if the radio is attached Powered Off. If you ever run Zadig and install drivers with the radio attached powered on (which I suspect you have done) it will delete the correct drivers and install wrong ones. With the radio attached powered off (using Zadig installed drivers) you will not get the Taranis and SD card drives.

Before attaching the USB cable to PC power on the Taranis in boot manager mode (trims toward center at power up). Verify it says boot manager on the Taranis LCD. Attach the USB to the PC and open device manager. Find the Taranis device. Right click and remove the device. If you are given the option to delete the driver delete it.

Unplug the USB from the computer and reattach it. Windows should load the correct drivers. If it still doesn't show up try another USB cable. Most connection problems are bad USB cables and go down hill when people mess with Zadig.

If it still doesn't show up correctly post the version of the Taranis boot manager and how it shows up in Windows device manager.

Jim
Aburn09

Post by Aburn09 »

Thanks jtaylor I had already read elsewhere about deleting the device as you have mentioned and did try that but no luck it still won't show the Taranis.....I'll try it again with screenshots to show you what I'm seeing then hopefully you may see something I don't ?
Aburn09

Post by Aburn09 »

So set by step Screenshots but still doesn't show Taranis ?
Attachments
20180531_190203.jpg
Device Manager.JPG
Uninstall.JPG
Deleted.JPG
Reinstalled.JPG
Still No Taranis.JPG
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

What do you have under Disk drives in Device Manager? My Windows 10 device manager does not show it under USB's the way yours does. Mine shows up under Disk drives as FrSky Taranis USB device. Do you get the Windows sounds when you plug in the Taranis? Perhaps you can download USBDeview and see what it tells you https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html . I'll attach screen shots of Device Manager and USBDeview from my Windows 10 laptop in case it helps.
DeviceManager2.JPG
usbdeview.jpg

Aburn09

Post by Aburn09 »

Problem has been resolved I got my young nephew to take a look at my pc and although I did remove the Taranis bootloader usb I didn't do it the right way so it v wasn't quite completely removed as I had thought he removed it correctly which meant when I replugged in my Taranis to my pc both drives were there again :)

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”