X8R with no range

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
stockton

X8R with no range

Post by stockton »

I have been give an X8R receiver only to discover that this device has no range.
I have tried different batteries, as well as different installations but no matter what, I cannot get better than 20 paces before my QX7 gives me a low power warning and RSSI drops below 45.
Is there anything I can do to sort this out as I would rather not throw it away?,

Kilrah

Re: X8R with no range

Post by Kilrah »

Guess there's a reason it was given to you... likely defective.
stockton

Post by stockton »

Interesting even though she is wining away about her problems regards power loss I have full control up to +/- 150 paces away through a two meter fence.
I'll take it to the field this afternoon where I can do a range check over a further distance.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Do you still have a RSSI reading at 150 paces? Do you also have any other telemetry, e.g. Rx battery voltage?
It may be the Rx is receiving OK, but is not transmitting the telemetry (including RSSI) very well.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
uomonero99

Post by uomonero99 »

Is a well known issue in our flying field, only telemetry range is very limited. We have replaced all receivers with rx8r and issue seems to be solved.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5000 utilizzando Tapatalk

RickTee

Post by RickTee »

uomonero99 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 pm Is a well known issue in our flying field, only telemetry range is very limited. We have replaced all receivers with rx8r and issue seems to be solved.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5000 utilizzando Tapatalk
I'm having the same problem with X6R's, 20 paces and the Tx starts complaining of low or no RSSI but at 100mtr on full power RSSI is 52ish. Is this just a telemetry issue? Should I just range test as per radios with out RSSI? and ignore the RSSI complaints? Interestingly my X8R Rx works fine.
andrewfl290

Post by andrewfl290 »

I have been having something similar on my X12S with X8R and S8R receivers since I did the latest firmware update a few months ago. I have carried out range checks and am getting good range but I find that I am getting RSSI warnings. Figure I need to re-flash the current firmware or revert to the previous. It's not something that I am worrying about because I have a good range check.
RickTee

Post by RickTee »

Re flashed the Rx to X8R_LBT_build151118 problem solved. :)

I'm loving the Taranis, should have bought one years ago instead of the JR XG14....anyone want a JR XG14. :lol:

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”