Split elevon mixing

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
JMO

Split elevon mixing

Post by JMO »

I’ve been doing some mixing for a flying wing I’ve got with split elevons (duckerons).

I have it so that the inside turning elevons will flare slightly to induce a yawning moment when in a roll whilst the outside pair both go down to induce lift, to overcome the adverse yaw created from the wing, however, I was wondering if it was possible to increase the amount that the elevons flared dependent upon if up or down elevator was also being applied as the adverse yaw seemed stronger when down was applied.

Trying to get this to occur only in the roll and not in pure pitching has been a real problem and any help will be appreciated.

JMO

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Split elevon mixing

Post by MikeB »

Possibly what you need is to use the "multiply" mix multiplex option.
If the first 2 mixes on a channel are:
CH5: +100% AIL
* +100% ELE
then if the ELE stick is centered, you get no aileron channel output with aileron stick.
As you increase the amount of ELE, then the AIL will move the channel with the amount of total throw increasing the more ELE is applied.
If you move the ELE the other way, the AIL control will reverse, but the total throw will still be proportional to the amount of ELE applied.

By reducing the 100% weight, you may reduce the amount of the resulting movement.
So if you have:
CH5: +100% AIL
* +5% ELE
+100% AIL
You will get the normal AIL response, but as you apply ELE, the AIL deflection will increase or decrease slightly.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”